[HELP] How do I make Quick Reply Default?

Started by Th3On3, January 09, 2009, 06:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3On3

Well as the title says I want to make it so that Quick Reply is the standard way that player respond to topics on my forum. So I went and looked at the docs and manuals for smf and what I found was:
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=188.msg4552#msg4552

Problem is that when i tried to make it the default as it explains in the comment, I ran into the same problem. Here is what I see when I am where it tells me to go: (check attachments)

Anyway, I did search before i posted so I would enjoy some help please.
Thanks,
Th3On3

DarkAngel612

thank you for asking i just went to the thread posted and followed the instructions and got the quick reply box to show up.

1. admin>themes and layouts>reset options

that reset options threw me for a loop by figured it out...finally and felt really dumb too...lol

when you get to the image pictured above there is the little menu right above the theme preferences:

Manage and Install>Themes and Settings>Reset Options>Modify Themes   

click there (red) then a new window appears where you go down the list to quick reply...click the option right to the left of it to "change" then in the next option choose to "display" and then click to save and there is the quick reply box for them to use.

In the other forums I manage we do not have it set to show for everyone but this forum I set up a few days ago requested it and I was glad someone had asked about it.   

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Advertisement: