News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afro

ok, that works well now. Gracia.
only if i could pull more contents.

hartiberlin

Does this RSS Feeder already work with SMF2 RC2 ?

If not, will you soon support it ?

Does your Sitemap MOD display the contens of the imported RSS feeds ?

Does it have a Rewrite function to avoid duplicate content ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

SlammedDime

The RSS Feeder will work for RC2, you'd just have to manually adjust the version in the package manager to make it install.  Once RC2 is released to the public, I will be posting an updated version of the mod.

Yes, the sitemap would display feeds imported as long as they are publicly viewable on your site.  As for a rewrite for duplicate content, no, that's beyond the scope of either mod.  This mod does attempt to prevent same titled feeds from being posted, but that's it.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

slayer143

I set the feed to 100 but everytime it reset to 25 feeds only. Anyway to download more tha 25 ?

SlammedDime

There is no limit on it... I'll have to check it out.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Jerry

Quote from: Underfunded on May 13, 2009, 12:10:30 AM
Quote from: Underfunded on May 12, 2009, 08:02:28 AM
When I place add_settings.php in the root of the forum and access it manually I am brought to admin>config>rss feeder and get the same error as before about the table not being created:

QuoteTable 'smf2.smf_rssfeeds' doesn't exist
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\smf2\Sources\ManageSettings.php
Line: 2420

Any more thoughts Slammed?  Can you provide the raw SQL commands that I can paste into my SQL command prompt to create them, or a different way of making the tables?  I'd be more than happy to be your test subject on this as I have full server control and can easily modify anything you would like me to!  I have started playing with the info from the add_settings.php to make the tables manually but I am enough of a beginner that I haven't deciphered it all yet (plus it's late).  Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S.  I have determined the ultimate issue is that the database table is not being created but I do not know why.
Quote from: SlammedDime on May 13, 2009, 05:56:27 AM
andy40 - if it's not installing through the package manager, then you may have to install manually..

Underfunded, can you PM me your email address and I'll email you an SQL file with the table structure?
I also appear to have a similar problem installing on RC2.
Table 'XXX.smf_rssfeeds' doesn't exist
File: /home/solarian/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 2460
Can you point me to the table structure or e-mail it to me? Thanks!

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

SlammedDime

I forgot that I made a change to SMF 2.0 RC2 in the way the package manager installs database information from mods, so this mod is affected by that.   If you have access to the database via phpmyadmin, find the log_rssfeeds and rssfeeds tables, and rename them to have smf_ in front of them.  This has already been fixed for when RC2 is public.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Jerry

Thanks SlammedDime, works perfectly with RC2 :)

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

slayer143

Quote from: SlammedDime on October 27, 2009, 05:54:24 PM
There is no limit on it... I'll have to check it out.

There is limitation
Whatever number you set
It reset back to only 25
So each time  it can d/l only 25 feeds

droidboards

Awesome mod is have it installed on my site hxxp:droidboards.com [nonactive] and it works great!  I have a question about regular expressions and retrieving the entire article.  How is that done?  I'm not a programmer but a sample expression might help me figure it out.  I would love to import the entire articles to my boards.  Thanks

SlammedDime

There is a link in the first post to a post somewhere in this topic that gives a small tutorial on it.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

paulmagno

Maybe a real dumb question, so please don't throw things at me...

but, can I use this mod with SMF version 1.1.10?

I'm a 74 year old retiree learning to work the computer, so please don't be too harsh  :D

Garou

paulmagno, if you go to the page to download this mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1590) it says "Compatible With:
    2.0 RC1" While its not always entirely accurate as some authors don't update that as often as they should but its a pretty good gauge to use. If it doesn't mention any of the 1.1.x versions so most likely not and in this particular case definitely not.

You might want to try the RSS Feed Poster its not as nice but can do the job on 1.1.x boards.

paulmagno

Yahmez

Thanks for this mod SlammedDime. It works beautifully!  :D

PalmBeachPreps

What would be the reason that some feeds are automatically disabled periodically?  Nothing major, I just want to know if I'm doing something incorrectly.  It doesn't happen all of the time, but it does occur enough that I have to check it to be sure every day.

BTW, great mod and thanks for your hard work in development AND support!

SlammedDime

Any feed that is disabled will throw an error in the error log, you'd have to look there for the reason why... typically it would be because the connection timed out while looking up the feed, or something went awry with your hosts DNS.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

imrich

Quote from: SlammedDime on October 28, 2009, 01:16:27 AM
I forgot that I made a change to SMF 2.0 RC2 in the way the package manager installs database information from mods, so this mod is affected by that.   If you have access to the database via phpmyadmin, find the log_rssfeeds and rssfeeds tables, and rename them to have smf_ in front of them.  This has already been fixed for when RC2 is public.

I'm just going to RC2 from RC1.2

I'm a bit confused, do I have to do the steps mentioned in this quote to re-install for RC2 if I was using this with RC1.2?

Thanks for any help!

SlammedDime

Yes.  I will try to upload a new version to the Mod site in the next day or two.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

imrich

Thanks for this info. I already appear to have smf_log_rssfeeds and smf_rssfeeds in my database, so that's why I'm confused.

Advertisement: