News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

File Manager

Started by 2by2host, January 13, 2009, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2by2host

Link to Mod

This mod allows the registered users of your forum to exchange files among each other. The users now have the ability to upload/remove/move their files and download other users' files.
The administrator can access the settings for this mod in Admin -> Features and Options -> File manager section.
The actual file manager is located in Profile -> Manage Files.
Files store in the ./attachments/xfm_uploads directory.
Also you can upload files via FTP. Just upload files to ./attachments/xfm_uploads_ftp folder.

Have a blast!

shadow82x

Any screenshots or demos of this?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Cal O'Shaw

Hate to be a bother, but there's already a "File Manager" MOD that lets Admins manage files and directories on their site.

There may be confusion between this MOD and Aaron's File Manager.

Nibogo

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on January 13, 2009, 06:20:09 PM
Hate to be a bother, but there's already a "File Manager" MOD that lets Admins manage files and directories on their site.

I agree with this one , also will be good to see some screenshots of this mod

mgrmgr

Quote from: 2by2host on January 13, 2009, 01:28:14 PM

This mod allows the registered users of your forum to exchange files among each other. The users now have the ability to upload/remove/move their files and download other users' files.
The administrator can access the settings for this mod in Admin -> Features and Options -> File manager section.

Will there be a chance to set the permissions to use this mod for different membergroups without changing the permission to view profiles?

Matthew Schenker

Hello,
I like the idea of this modification.

One question: will it allow the administrator to control files by boards?  For example, I am looking for a way to have board-by-board control of attachments.  I'd like to be able to easily delete all attachments in a single board, without having to go through all the posts.

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on January 13, 2009, 06:20:09 PM

I can't find this "File Manager" modification.  What's the difference between the two?

Thanks,
Matthew

Cal O'Shaw

The MOD "File Manager", by Aaron, is located here.  It is HIGHLY recommended.  Provides a way to manage your files from within SMF instead of logging into your ISP.

I REALLY recommend that this MOD created by 2by2host be renamed to avoid confusion. 

Not to be (too) annoying, but I am wondering how the identical names got past whoever manages this site...

Cal

busterone

I would not expect any response or cooperation from this mod author. This author never supports mods except through their own site, and that is by pay only. This author should not be allowed to post any mods in my own personal opinion.

Matthew Schenker

Good Morning,
Thank you Cal and busterone.

I'll take a look at Aaron's mod.

On a general note, is it just me or is the modification area of SMF getting rather messy?

Thanks,
Matthew

Nibogo

Quote from: busterone on February 02, 2009, 12:46:00 AM
I would not expect any response or cooperation from this mod author. This author never supports mods except through their own site, and that is by pay only. This author should not be allowed to post any mods in my own personal opinion.

No , he has made it some really good mods , he dont give support but he create a really nice code

ascendco

This mod installed correctly but I cannot see others attachments, even as admin .... anybody have any suggestions?

ceewee

Quote from: ascendco on March 16, 2009, 05:35:24 PM
This mod installed correctly but I cannot see others attachments, even as admin .... anybody have any suggestions?
I have a smf1.1.8 with over 70 mods and the 2 mentioned filemanagers installed and work fine !!  This mod should be renamed to filehandlesystem (other system then just download), works thru profiles of members so no normal filemanger, if you want to see other members files and that is checked at admin pages, just go to their profile pages and use the file manager option on their profile.. like the system although I would like to see permission possiblity then just min. post setting. All files are encrypted are are stored in xfm_upload and xfm_upload_ftp if you just want to ftp them as admin, you will be notified and can move them to your virtual map.

Besides no permission possiblity I like this very much... !!! 2 stars !!!

Would like to see also max. downloadsize a day possibility or like my old BBS(1989) up-downloadratio?  Anyone ?  ;D

bullbreedluverz

following on from this;

mods created by this author also add links on your forum by the smf copyright to advertise the 2by2host services on your forum

';
$twoby2host_copyrights = '<br /><a href="http://www.2by2host.com/services/simplemachines/">SMF customization services</a> by <a href="http://www.2by2host.com/">2by2host.com</a>';
echo '

obviously the author has a right to add his copyright and links to support but this should be stated, IMO anyway as installing mods by this author does add advertising for the mod authors business on your forum

ceewee

Quote from: stikkki on April 09, 2009, 06:56:52 AM

following on from this;

mods created by this author also add links on your forum by the smf copyright to advertise the 2by2host services on your forum

';
$twoby2host_copyrights = '<br /><a href="http://www.2by2host.com/services/simplemachines/">SMF customization services</a> by <a href="http://www.2by2host.com/">2by2host.com</a>';
echo '

obviously the author has a right to add his copyright and links to support but this should be stated, IMO anyway as installing mods by this author does add advertising for the mod authors business on your forum

Checked his site and this mod isn't supported only some obscure mods, this mod however, if permission and up/downloadratio added would be valuable one, even would him let use my site(s) to advertise himself if his mods do what's promised.  Been online even before internet-era, had own BBS'es, been with smf from 1.1.2 and seen value-mods disappear for no apperant reason, with upgrade of smf I always check if my mods are supported or will be. Have 2 smf still at 1.1.4 because some mods are not longer supported.
Seen some mods wher I'm wondering : what's the point of it(the mod) with this mod I had flashbacks of my old BBS ;-)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: ceewee on April 10, 2009, 03:29:05 PM
Have 2 smf still at 1.1.4 because some mods are not longer supported.
Just a side note on this, but pretty much any mod made to support 1.1.4 will work in any SMF version between 1.1.4 and 1.1.8 :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

snazster

Hi,

I've found this mod very useful and easy to use and modify. As I'm moving to SMF2 soon, I'd like to know if there are any plans for this mod to work with there too. 

We're all here to learn!

MF30

Kreator

this would be nice for smf2.0 RC2 but i expect it`ll have no support from the authors 2by2 host.

Why do they post these things but never reply ???

Costa

Quote from: Kreator on November 23, 2009, 01:25:36 PM
this would be nice for smf2.0 RC2 but i expect it`ll have no support from the authors 2by2 host.

Why do they post these things but never reply ???
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2276
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

Advertisement: