News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Topic Description................like IPB

Started by !Hachi!, February 23, 2005, 12:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

!Hachi!

there is two option in IPB when we posting new thead .
1.Topic title
2.Topic Description
         can we have 2nd option.?can any one tell me if anyone knows i want to add this feature in my forum
Happy Ramadan

supreme-Web

yes this is really not a need maybe somebedy can maek o a mod for it.

nave

why cant people just say what the subject is about in the subject line? i mean.. thats what its for

!Hachi!

its easy to explain our thread.and its not just "Unnecessary".any way if anyone can make MOD for this please.
Happy Ramadan

Anguz

You could use the topic preview in your template and tell your members to be descriptive in their first part of the post? :)

MouseOver: topic preview! (You can also use it under the topic subject, just put it the way you want in the template.)

I agree with Nave, though.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Fizzy

I know the 'feature' you mean, i've seen it on other forums and I tend to ignore it.
It does seem a little like duplication for the sake of it ....

EG

1.Topic title - "Christmas Party Photos"
2.Topic Description - "Some photos of the Christmas Party"
3. Topic content - "Hi guys, I've attached some pictures of the Christmas Party for you to look at"

It does sort of make Topic Description redundant.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

!Hachi!

Quote from: Anguz on February 24, 2005, 08:01:33 AM
You could use the topic preview in your template and tell your members to be descriptive in their first part of the post? :)

MouseOver: topic preview! (You can also use it under the topic subject, just put it the way you want in the template.)

I agree with Nave, though.
thanks for your reply.
Happy Ramadan

Anguz

Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Advertisement: