News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Vbulletin 3.8 to smf

Started by Tryweryn, January 24, 2009, 12:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryweryn

Hi does the vbulletin 3.7 converter work with vb 3.8?
Do I need both forums on the same database(godaddy shared account)?
Will it affect my vbulletin board?

Thanks and here is hoping I can convert.

Tryweryn

Sorry didnt see the child board to post on!

ThorstenE

Quote from: Tryweryn on January 24, 2009, 12:33:00 PM
1) Hi does the vbulletin 3.7 converter work with vb 3.8?
2) Do I need both forums on the same database(godaddy shared account)?
3) Will it affect my vbulletin board?

Thanks and here is hoping I can convert.

I added numbers to your questions (makes it easier to answer)
1) I hope so, but this is the first vBulletin 3.8 conversion and I don't know anything about possible database changes from vBulletin. If the converter doesn't work we can modify it.
2) both forums can use different databases but the MySQL user from SMF must be allowed to read the vBulletin database (during conversion)
3) the converter will not modify your vBulletin, you can try it without risk.

This should help you:
Converting to SMF

Tryweryn

Hi tried it and it worked ok. Funny thing is all the members were listed on smf but only 1 was showing as member numbers. Me?

ThorstenE

Quote from: Tryweryn on January 24, 2009, 08:18:29 PM
Funny thing is all the members were listed on smf but only 1 was showing as member numbers. Me?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. the members ID instead of the members name? our converter takes the content from the column "username" (from vBulletin table "user").

Weerapat

Now I have a same problem. I would like to convert vbulletin 3.8 to smf. I can't find  for this version here http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters .

Please help me too.

ThorstenE

jonathan12uiz

I have vBulletin 3.8.0 also and am trying to convert a backup version as SMF... i tried using the 3.7 converter because people said it works, but i get this error message:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'ajr6723l_smf1'@'localhost' for table 'user'

ThorstenE

check Common conversion errors.

when using two different databases you must use the same MySQL User for both databases.

Advertisement: