eFloating Bar Mod for Guests & Members

Started by Ricky., January 26, 2009, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinK187

Quote from: Ricky. on January 26, 2009, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: LinK187 on January 26, 2009, 06:26:54 PM
I have the same problem, it's properly installed and doesn't work. Nothing appears.

Here's my theme's index.template.php:

Your attached index.template.php looks fine, however give me your forum link to have a look on it.

I pmed you a link.

JungleBunny

Thanks Ricky,

I see.
Mistake from me, must put the html code into the message box and not try to push it in the css code O:)
Make my code with VisualPage and now I can create finest popups ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

I am using 1.14

franklinrony

http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

Realinfo

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

I got this message.............. when try to install it.............

LinK187

Quote from: Realinfo on January 26, 2009, 10:24:14 PM
Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

So make the folder(s) writeable.

zakmoore

Well, I have it working for the default theme, but I need it to work for LiveCity!

Can you provide a list of file edits?

ccraciun

Quote from: Ricky. on January 26, 2009, 03:47:24 PM
eFloating Bar For Guests and Members
Author : Ricky.

Ricky, this looks like a great mod!
I will install it soon, as soon as i finished my other forum's tasks. I just wanted to congratulate you for this. ;)

mrtrc266

Very cool Mod Installed clean, can your post up your entire code for the floating window to give an example of how and where to put in the HTML code that show the links and everything?

Thank you in advance

brandonroy

How can we make it so that if a guest closes it, it won't pop back up on every page load? Or something like that.

JungleBunny

Quote from: mrtrc266 on January 27, 2009, 02:02:30 AM
Very cool Mod Installed clean, can your post up your entire code for the floating window to give an example of how and where to put in the HTML code that show the links and everything?

Thank you in advance

Wrote this some articles before !

Put your html code in the message box ( guest or logged user ).
If you have a webpage prgram like dreamweaver, frontpage etc, copy the source code into the message box and give it a try :)

coucnilhomeswap

Hi ricky ive installed this with no errors or problems. can i ask one thing please. how on earth do you do a full bar with links in and that like the one in the screen shot. Im using SMF 1.1.7

coucnilhomeswap

also please note that i had to create a scripts folder on my site as the default theme does not have one. you may want to add that to your installation instructions.

JungleBunny

Quote from: alanrobinsonleigh on January 27, 2009, 05:47:33 AM
Hi ricky ive installed this with no errors or problems. can i ask one thing please. how on earth do you do a full bar with links in and that like the one in the screen shot. Im using SMF 1.1.7

Use the source code of your webpage creator.

For a link "Robinson Club" (bold and large) you must copy in the message box :

<P><B><A HREF="http://robinsonclub.com"><FONT SIZE="5">Robinson Club</FONT></A><FONT SIZE="5"></FONT></B></P>

And so on...........

marchingelite2

Quote from: LinK187 on January 26, 2009, 10:25:55 PM

Ive got the same problem, which folder(s) have we got to make writeable?

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: marchingelite2 on January 27, 2009, 07:45:23 AM

using your FTP find the files that arent writeable, right click on it, select permisions and change it to 777

./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php or ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php if you use that
./Sources/ModSettings.php
./Themes/default/index.template.php

marchingelite2

Quote from: bullbreedluverz on January 27, 2009, 08:07:52 AM
Quote from: marchingelite2 on January 27, 2009, 07:45:23 AM

using your FTP find the files that arent writeable, right click on it, select permisions and change it to 777

it doesnt state which files tho :( its got to be the same as manual install tho isnt it?

bullbreedluverz

just added the actual files but yes its the same as manual edit files - check the file permissions for those and see if they are 777

marchingelite2

ok ive done that and its installed, but now i got this on the very top of my page :(

//eFloatingbar for SMF by Ricky. $txt['admin_efloatingbar'] = 'eFloating Bar for SMF - Settings'; $txt['efloatingbar_user_style'] = 'Place your Custom CSS Here'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_guest_default'] = 'Welcome Guest , please login or register'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_logged_default'] = 'Hey ya! How are you Today, Welcome back to the Community!' ; $txt['efloatingbar_mode_guest'] = 'Enable the eFloating Bar Mod for Guests?'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_guest'] = 'Write your own Message for the guest on the eFloating Bar.'; $txt['efloatingbar_mode_logged'] = 'Enable the eFloating Bar Mod for Logged in Users?'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_logged'] = 'Write Your own Custom Message for Logged in Members for eFloating Bar.'; $txt['efloatingbar_css_enable'] = 'Select this if you want to use your own CSS instead of deault'; $txt['efloatingbar_css_default'] = '#topbar { font-size:70%; position:absolute; border: 2px solid black; padding: 2px; background-color:#ECFFBF; width: 450px; visibility: hidden; z-index: 100; } #topbar a:hover { color: #FFFFFF; background-color:#FF6600; }'; //End eFloatingbar

i am going to replace the files that i altered and see if it goes away, also replace the different theme files too..

any other suggestions?

Thanks again

coucnilhomeswap

ok guys a little tip for you. If your getting errors saying some files need to be writable. goto Themes/default and create a folder called "scripts" and chmod it to 777. that should help you out.

Advertisement: