News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

{Reques} Top chart & Spam

Started by kennethk, April 08, 2010, 08:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennethk

Kinda hard to explain so I'll do my best lol

I need a script that lets users vote in a particular board, then have a portal that ranks those votes as top ten, then be able to link them so if a user clicks the link it will direct them to the thread of the song.

Another script I need is a anti-spam script, would like it not to be captcha more of a check box thing when a user registeres an account, just anything to help reduce spam accounts

Thanks to whoever can pull this off  8)

Arantor

There's a whole *category* of anti spam mods on the mod site...

kennethk

Right I'd just like a link to the best and most less annoying one.

Arantor

There's no "best" one. Some work better than others for some people. Try them, see what works for you.

kennethk

Quote from: Arantor on April 09, 2010, 03:43:58 AM
There's no "best" one. Some work better than others for some people. Try them, see what works for you.

Right...Theres no best but theres a well know a good.

Arantor

Most of them are "good". Some people swear by one, some people use multiple.

kennethk

Quote from: Arantor on April 09, 2010, 03:51:44 AM
Most of them are "good". Some people swear by one, some people use multiple.

Not being that helpful..Please only post if it is helpful.

Arantor

Asking for an opinion on something that's totally subjective probably isn't much help either.

You have to experiment and see what works for you. On SimpleDesk we don't run ANY mods at all for anti spam and we're just fine after three months even with tens of thousands of backlinks from here.

kennethk

Quote from: Arantor on April 09, 2010, 03:57:34 AM
Asking for an opinion on something that's totally subjective probably isn't much help either.

You have to experiment and see what works for you. On SimpleDesk we don't run ANY mods at all for anti spam and we're just fine after three months even with tens of thousands of backlinks from here.

Can you just stop? I'm not here to argue I'm here to request a mod. If you can do it, great thanks, if not don't post.

Arantor

And I'm telling you there's already a collection of anti spam mods that may suit you. Point is some work better on some kinds of sites than others, and you need to experiment to find what works best for you.

Requesting another anti spam mod isn't really going to change that, because some measures just don't work on some kinds of sites.

* Arantor is done here, hope someone else can help you better than I can, though you'll only get a similar answer.

kennethk

Quote from: Arantor on April 09, 2010, 04:03:24 AM
And I'm telling you there's already a collection of anti spam mods that may suit you. Point is some work better on some kinds of sites than others, and you need to experiment to find what works best for you.

Requesting another anti spam mod isn't really going to change that, because some measures just don't work on some kinds of sites.

* Arantor is done here, hope someone else can help you better than I can, though you'll only get a similar answer.

* Thinks i should request for a spam script against  Arantor.

There's nothing wrong with seeing what other people have liked and had put in good word for...

As for the spam I also requested another script.

Sorck

Hi

Could you please read the How to Request a Mod topic as the descriptions of the mods you are requesting are very vague and lack SMF versions.

I haven't used any anti-spam mods before so I can't offer any opinions

Advertisement: