News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP] SimpleWiki - Updated 26/10/2010

Started by Sorck, June 27, 2010, 02:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorck

Last week I decided I'd finally get around to writing a wiki intergration for SMF as none have ever seemed to get very far.

Current features:
  • Page create and editting
  • Page protection - none, no guests, wiki admins, forum admins
  • Namespace: These seem to have stopped working upon moving to my web server, I'm not sure why though. The only thing which relies on namespaces is the category system (as the user namespace isn't functioning)
  • Page History - view full history including username and IP (shown for guests, for users only to admins)
  • Page deletion - marks page as deleted without actually deleting it (basically it doesn't show up)
  • Categories - this is apparently a major feature so I added it, categories have there own namespace but as with the rest of the namespace system it's stopped working properly

Current tasks:

• Permission 'Overhaul'
  • Admin cpanel with some general settings

I've attatched my current mod version of SimpleWiki, upon installation I advise going to your wiki and create the Main Page, then navigate to index.php?action=wiki;sa=create;p=Wiki:Menu

Changelog
27/6/2010 - categories namespace working, fixed some language strings, added search
7/8/2010 - User Namespace added, partially working; colright and colleft BBCodes added; categories BBCode should not show up in wiki pages.
26/10/2010 - Reworked the namespace system to use seperate files for easier development.

NanoSector

GREAT!!

I was looking for this!!
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Sorck

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on June 27, 2010, 02:49:35 PM
GREAT!!

I was looking for this!!
It's only a beta at the moment, and has a fairly long way to go, if you find any bugs please report them :)

Liam.

Well there are already two (and a third one on another site) Wiki mods for SMF that are all in ALPHA/BETA, hopefully this one will get further - don't give up ;)

I'll be tracking it, looks good so far.

Sorck

Quote from: Liam. on June 27, 2010, 03:42:46 PM
Well there are already two (and a third one on another site) Wiki mods for SMF that are all in ALPHA/BETA, hopefully this one will get further - don't give up ;)

I'll be tracking it, looks good so far.
I followed Sangwe11's wiki mod (and still do) as it went along quite well until he stopped due to school work.
I'm aiming to be the first Wiki mod on the mod site (just need to clean up a few things first)

I'm about to upload a slight revision (added search with search bar, and the language strings for the delete permission)

As a matter of interest, would "strstr('Category:Sorck', ':', true);" return "Category"? It's just I can't seem to get it to work :-\

flapjack

afaik you should not use strstr as it has problems with utf encoding

Jntg4

I think you need a way to search or type in the name of a page to go to it.
Free Domain Name: http://www.co.cc/?id=167358

Sorck

Quote from: Jntg4 on June 27, 2010, 05:35:55 PM
I think you need a way to search or type in the name of a page to go to it.
I've written that, just haven't uploaded it (wait a few minutes and i will :))

Uploaded Beta 1.01 :)

flapjack

is it a full wiki mod or jus integration for wikimedia?

KensonPlays

Great! Bookmarked! Can't wait to download! (I'm in bed on my phone will download in next day or two...)

Sorck

Quote from: flapjack on June 27, 2010, 06:34:51 PM
Full wiki mod - I don't find mediawiki easy to use, and even more difficult to modify :P

NanoSector

Quote from: Colonel Sorck on June 28, 2010, 02:57:21 AM
Full wiki mod - I don't find mediawiki easy to use, and even more difficult to modify :P
Oh my god yes...

I tried installing MediaWiki and it won't let me install it on my XAMPP localhost site...

This works pretty well on XAMPP and my co.cc site.

Gonna download the new release to see what changed :D
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Sorck

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on June 28, 2010, 06:28:53 AM
Quote from: Colonel Sorck on June 28, 2010, 02:57:21 AM
Oh my god yes...

I tried installing MediaWiki and it won't let me install it on my XAMPP localhost site...

This works pretty well on XAMPP and my co.cc site.

Gonna download the new release to see what changed :D
Quote from: Colonel Sorck on June 27, 2010, 02:47:06 PM
27/6/2010 - categories namespace working, fixed some language strings, added search
I'm working on a little overhaul of the permissions as well (ie wikiAllowedTo instead of allowedTo in order to let wiki admins do everything)

Can't wait for some feedback/feature suggestions :)

NanoSector

Maybe add a tab with all pages, and the option to create a new one?

Sorck

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on June 28, 2010, 12:34:04 PM
Maybe add a tab with all pages, and the option to create a new one?
Like http://simplewiki.co.uk/index.php?action=wiki;sa=v_all for the all pages?
The create one could be managed through search ie you search 'Frog' it say 'Page does not exist, woulld you like to ' (or if it exists says '[url]This page exists]create this page[/ul]' (or if it exists says '[url]This page exists')
Create tab'll will be added shortly :)

NanoSector

niko

since I'm interested in competitors and looked how this mod does things. I have warning for potential users, there is due to improper input validation it's possible to insert unwanted things like javascript into pages. not going into specifics to prevent abuse.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Sorck

Quote from: Niko on June 30, 2010, 02:08:24 PM
since I'm interested in competitors and looked how this mod does things. I have warning for potential users, there is due to improper input validation it's possible to insert unwanted things like javascript into pages. not going into specifics to prevent abuse.
Thanks for the info Niko - I'll test to see where I've missed some validation (I could sware I'd covered pages with htmlspecialchars but I'll check over)
I've looked through every input and all html characters are removed before being displayed to the end user AFAIK, If you would care to ellaborate upon an example of where it would be greatly appreciated (by PM to prevent abuse) :)

niko

Quote from: Colonel Sorck on June 30, 2010, 04:34:32 PM
Quote from: Niko on June 30, 2010, 02:08:24 PM
Thanks for the info Niko - I'll test to see where I've missed some validation (I could sware I'd covered pages with htmlspecialchars but I'll check over)
I've looked through every input and all html characters are removed before being displayed to the end user AFAIK, If you would care to ellaborate upon an example of where it would be greatly appreciated (by PM to prevent abuse) :)

I had plan to send pm but didn't have time to send.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

KensonPlays

Niko, you have competition!

yes, and the OP is fixing when you add a category it shows the bbcode style markup, hope fixed soon!

Advertisement: