News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Snap Shots Mod

Started by vbgamer45, February 10, 2009, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to the mod

Author:Manfred Mod Name:Snap Shots Mod   Version:1.0  
Tested:1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, 1.1.8

This will install Snap Shots  mod version 1.0

Snap Shots Mod 1.0
- This mod will display the most appropriate information about the sites you're pointing to.
   Your audience doesn't even have to leave your site to get the best of other sites.
- Links in posts will show a cool snap of the sites you're pointing to. Settings in:
   Admin -> Features and Options -> Basic Features -> Turn on/off the snap shots option, and paste the code provided by
   snap.com in the blank field

SFM 1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, 1.1.8 Supported Themes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autor:Manfred Mod:Snap Shots Mod   Version:1.0  
Probado en:1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, 1.1.8

Este paquete instalará Snap Shots mod version 1.0

Snap Shots Mod  1.0
- Este mod mostrará informacion detallada de otras webs que su sitio actualmente enlaza. Sus usuario no tienen la necesidad
   de abandonar la web para obtener lo mejor de otras páginas
- En los links de los mensajes desplegará una pequeña pantalla previsualizando la web a la que enlaza, para activar este
   mod debe ir a:
   Administracion -> Caracteristicas y opciones -> Caracteristicas basicas -> ID de los grupos que mostraran las estrellas.
- Recuerde que debe tener una cuenta en snap.com para obtener el código que debe poner en la configuración de
   este mod

Temas soportados para SFM 1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, 1.1.8

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

sAce

super mod man,
i wish i could use it, i disabled url bbc :(

Bass_Chaz

Tried this on my 1.1.8 and dint see anything happening. Had all the info in place, including the code from Snap.com.
Remove the package and all from my site.

manixless

Quote from: sbmcos on February 10, 2009, 01:43:51 PM
super mod man,
i wish i could use it, i disabled url bbc :(
no problem, maybe in the future

Quote from: Bass_Chaz on February 10, 2009, 07:27:23 PM
Tried this on my 1.1.8 and dint see anything happening. Had all the info in place, including the code from Snap.com.
Remove the package and all from my site.

any errors in installation?
theme?
please, attach your index.template.php

thank you guys

Marcus Forsberg

Nice :) Swedish translation:

//Snap Shots Mod
$txt['snapShots_enabled'] = 'Aktivera Snapshots vid länkar?';
$txt['snapShots_code'] = 'Lägg in koden från Snap.com här.';

manixless

NHWD

how about making one like this but compatible with thumbalizr.com

Filipina

Hi like the MOD but I installed it and it does not work for me on 1.1.8 default.  I Got no errors on installation. I got the code from Snap, put the code in and enabled the MOD.  Nothing happened. I did notice that the snap shot it had for my site when creating the code was about 3 years old. So I went ahead and removed the MOD.   

TDNY

Installed this on my version 1.1.8 default-core with no problems or errors. no snapshot option button or tab ever showed up in admin/features options/basic features. uninstalled and deleted no problem.

TD

NNR

I NEED URGENT HELP.

I installed this mod in for my site www.indiaconsumerforum.org [nofollow] smf 1.1.8 version.  I am unable to access the site.  I even deleted the mod zip file through ftp.  Still I am facing the same problem.  Can anyone help me in restoring my site.  Is there any other way I can uninstall the mod.

Thanks in advance.

zagrom

Quote from: nnagarajan7 on March 11, 2009, 10:59:37 AM
I NEED URGENT HELP.

I installed this mod in for my site www.indiaconsumerforum.org smf 1.1.8 version.  I am unable to access the site.  I even deleted the mod zip file through ftp.  Still I am facing the same problem.  Can anyone help me in restoring my site.  Is there any other way I can uninstall the mod.

Thanks in advance.

You may have to use ftp an manually uninstall, go to the manual install for this mod;
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse
and remove the bits of coed it tells you to add form the appropriate file, this should
restore your old functions and get your site going again.

manixless

Sorry for the delay!!
Quote from: Filipina on February 14, 2009, 08:36:27 AM
Hi like the MOD but I installed it and it does not work for me on 1.1.8 default.  I Got no errors on installation. I got the code from Snap, put the code in and enabled the MOD.  Nothing happened. I did notice that the snap shot it had for my site when creating the code was about 3 years old. So I went ahead and removed the MOD.   

link to forum?
theme?
can you attach the /Sources/ModSettings.php and ./Themes/your-theme/index.template.php  to your next post please

Quote from: TDNY on March 08, 2009, 03:05:58 PM
Installed this on my version 1.1.8 default-core with no problems or errors. no snapshot option button or tab ever showed up in admin/features options/basic features. uninstalled and deleted no problem.

TD

if you want you can attach of  the files /Sources/ModSettings.php and ./Themes/your-theme/index.template.php to check them.

Quote from: nnagarajan7 on March 11, 2009, 10:59:37 AM
I NEED URGENT HELP.

I installed this mod in for my site www.indiaconsumerforum.org smf 1.1.8 version.  I am unable to access the site.  I even deleted the mod zip file through ftp.  Still I am facing the same problem.  Can anyone help me in restoring my site.  Is there any other way I can uninstall the mod.

Thanks in advance.

link to forum?
theme?
can you attach the /Sources/ModSettings.php and ./Themes/your-theme/index.template.php  to your next post please

FragaCampos

Thanks for this mod! It's really neat.

It's working just fine but i would like to know if it's possible to remove the tags that appear on the snapshots.

manixless

Hello,

thanks to you FragaCampos! So, I will take a revision once I arrive at home

regards,

nay27uk

PLEASE update this for 2.0 RC1.2

FragaCampos

I found a "bug" :P

With this mod installed, everytime i visit a topic SMF counts two visits instead of just one...
Any solution to this?

manixless

Quote from: manfred on August 04, 2009, 03:56:34 PM
Hello,

thanks to you FragaCampos! So, I will take a revision once I arrive at home

regards,

Hello, this setting is configured under snap shot account.

Quote from: FragaCampos on August 19, 2009, 04:06:58 PM
I found a "bug" :P

With this mod installed, everytime i visit a topic SMF counts two visits instead of just one...
Any solution to this?
hey! thabks for advice, I will check this as soon as possible

FragaCampos

Quote from: manfred on August 19, 2009, 04:50:33 PM
Hello, this setting is configured under snap shot account.

Thanks for answering.
Still, if you're refering to "Enable Snap Shots to look for key phrases on your web site, and then add the right Snap Shots. " i unticked that option under Advanced Options, i still get those tags in my snapshots windows... i even deleted my account and created a new one, to no avail :(

Quote from: manfred on August 19, 2009, 04:50:33 PM
hey! thabks for advice, I will check this as soon as possible

Thank you.

manixless

Quote from: nay27uk on August 13, 2009, 09:12:21 PM

Well, I need to install RC1.2 too jejeje. I will try :)

nay27uk

Quote from: manfred on August 19, 2009, 06:53:49 PM
Quote from: nay27uk on August 13, 2009, 09:12:21 PM

Well, I need to install RC1.2 too jejeje. I will try :)

Thanks I cant wait this is a great mod I used to use all the time on every installation of SMF, It should come out of the box in SMF

Advertisement: