• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
January 19, 2022, 07:47:12 PM

News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!


upgrading from 1.1.7 to 2.0 beta 4

Started by filz, February 04, 2009, 06:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filz

OK I have a live install of 1.1.7 that works but the plugins are all screwed up from when I updated from 1.1.4 to 1.1.7. Some work but can't be got at via the admin menu etc etc

What I'd like to do is start afresh and I thought I would try out 2.0 beta 4.  I'm trying to do a test run of installing this with my existing database on my local machine.  I am following the install process outlined in this post - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257751.0 - but am running into errors when trying to upgrade the database to 2.0 beta 4.

I run the upgrade script and get to the database changes stage whereupon it gets to 14% overall progress and then comes up with this error:

Updating indexes on "messages"...

!!
Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

So I leave it for a while and then click here as it suggests.  About 30 seconds later I get the same error message - clicking here again just repeats this ad infinitum.

Any idea on how to get this upgrade to work?

Failing that how can I get a clean install of 1.1.7 with no plugin errors whilst maintaining my current database of posts, users etc etc.

karlbenson

Sorry for the lack of a reply.

Now that RC1 is released I'd suggest trying rc1 and see whether you have the same issues.

While upgrading a test copy of my 700k post forum I got the same issues, and left it to run. It did take an hour to do the upgrade (on my localhost), so god knows ow long it would take on a server

greyknight17

filz, is this issue resolved now? If not, get the new install package for SMF 1.1.8 here. Extract the files on your webhost server and delete the install.php file. Use repair_settings.php and make sure that the database information is correct. Then click on the Recommended values. Save the changes. That should restore your forum back to working order. Delete the repair_settings.php file once you are done.

You may try to upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC1 now if you wish or stick with SMF 1.1.8 for the time being until further testing is done with SMF 2.0 (which you may do on another test forum directory).

filz

I still get this issue on one PC but on my other PC the upgrade goes fine and all is now good :)  Thanks for your help.

Advertisement: