News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem with headers

Started by maniac, March 01, 2005, 04:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maniac

Greetings from Hellas.
I am really sorry for opening one more thread for headers but i can't help myself through other same related threads.

Them problem i get is:

2: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/sites/steki/Sources/Load.php(1041) : eval()'d code:1)
File: /usr/local/sites/steki/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 1700

Another sympton is that the hits count in the stats monitor is not working properly.
February has been counted normally but hit count for March is not working. Every time i check it, it is less than the last time, but when i click in the stats panel, it increases normally.
It appears only when i try to open the View/Delete Members and the Membergroups panels in the administration panel.
Last thing i did was to install some themes and smiley sets.
I noticed in other threads that some mods created similar problems, so i must report that i have no mods installed.
Version 1.0.1
Thanks a lot.

Oldiesmann

Don't know what to tell you about the hit count.

It looks like the other error is a problem with the Theme you're using...

Line 1700 of Subs.php is near the beginning of the template_header() function, and Line 1041 of Load.php is the section that includes all the template files. Try re-uploading all the template files for that theme.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Make sure all of your templates start with:

<?php

They should not have any other characters in them before the <?php.

Have you installed any mods?

-[Unknown]

maniac

The Theme I am using, which is set as the forum default, is the default smf Theme.
I will check the <?php beginning of the templates.

No mods installed.
The hit count seems to work well for the 2nd of March.
Thanks again.

[Unknown]

Quote from: maniac on March 02, 2005, 02:04:39 AM
The Theme I am using, which is set as the forum default, is the default smf Theme.
I will check the <?php beginning of the templates.

And you haven't modified any of them?  The error message you're getting indicates that either one of the templates or one of the language files has something before the <?php...

QuoteNo mods installed.
The hit count seems to work well for the 2nd of March.
Thanks again.

Really?  What's your forum overall time offset set to?  Was the last day of last month's stats abnormally high or anything?

-[Unknown]

maniac

QuoteReally?  What's your forum overall time offset set to?  Was the last day of last month's stats abnormally high or anything?
Overall time offset is 0. The 28th of February is normal.
However, I have experienced really high hit count in October. But I cannot assure you that the count was problematic.
Could smf experience any problems because of the fact that February has only 28 days?

QuoteAnd you haven't modified any of them?  The error message you're getting indicates that either one of the templates or one of the language files has something before the <?php...
Problem solved.
The ManageMembers.greek.php file had a " " before <?php.
It must have appeared as I was translating the language files. I translated the files a month ago but I haven't noticed the mistake.
Finally it had nothing to do with the Themes I installed.

But the statistics problem?
Thanks for the help!

maniac

The hit count for the 2nd of March is not working correctly.
In the morning the count was 1400 and now is at 400.
What's going on?

[Unknown]

Do you have the "online users today" mod installed?

I know I already asked, but this is a known side effect of said mod.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: