[SMF Converter] PHP-Fusion 7

Started by ThorstenE, February 21, 2009, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

Software: PHP-Fusion
Version: 7.x

This is the official support topic for PHP-Fusion 7 converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Changelog

Password Support
To be able to login again after you complete the conversion, You will simply need to apply the phpfusion_login_fix.tgz modification (attached below) via Package Manager.

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.

JCDenton1

А по русски всё это можно доступно объяснить как это всё сделать?

JBlaze

Quote from: JCDenton1 on May 21, 2009, 11:00:41 PM
А по русски всё это можно доступно объяснить как это всё сделать?

Translates roughly to:
Is there a Russian available who can help explain this?

JCDenton,
Вы можете найти дополнительную информацию в вашем языке поддержку.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

zucaman

hello, do not speak English (this is a google translation, sorry) and tried to use the converter does not work, always gives the error that let in the photos attached.
  help please.
thanks

ThorstenE

this error is related to a missing column (user_aim).. please edit the phpfusion7_to_smf.sql

remove:
SUBSTRING(user_aim, 1, 16) AS AIM,

zucaman

hello again, thanks for the help and it worked, but now the error has left it a few more errors, vai attached the photos, thanks and please help

ThorstenE

the last error is a minor bug in convert.php and you can ignore this message (the conversion has finished successfully).

The "copy" errors are related to attachments.. two possible reasons:
- the files don't exist (e.g. old database entries still exists but the files are already deleted)
- the path to attachments wasn't properly detected. ( we could modify the converter file but I need to know the exact path from that missing files..)

You can check this via FTP, our converter expects this files in /public_html/files/forum/attachments/

zucaman

Thanks friend, good job of supporting the forum is working well only lost a few minor little things.
Thanks

SEEN

I'm sorry I'm a total newbie at this.

I have Php-Fusion with fusionboard4 installed on it.

This converter is used to change the fusionboard4 with losing my members right?

I dont exactly know what to do with the attached files. Please guide me? Thank you

ThorstenE

Mallocmon

I'm getting this error whenever i want to convert my phpfusion7 to smf.

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'

Kindly view attachment for the error_log.

Norv

Did you install SMF 2.0 by any chance?
Please note that the converter here is for the 1.1.x branch.

If you have SMF 2.0, then try using the attached files.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Floda

hello

i have a question does this converter convert php fusion complete or only its forum so it matches with php fusion??

so you have php fusion as frontpage and smf as forum??

thanks in advance

Floda

Norv

Hello there, and welcome to SMF! :)

The converter scripts converts the posts, members, topics from the phpfusion forum, to a SMF forum. It does not do anything with articles or whatever else phpfusion has, in addition to the forum.

You could have phpfusion as frontpage and SMF as forum, but only if you work on their code, to integrate them, otherwise they won't work together automatically. There is no bridge that I know of, for now.

An alternative might be to take a look at a portal mod for SMF, the SMF forum can have a frontpage and many other CMS-like features through the use of portal mods. ( http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;type=17 )
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Floda

Thanks for the quick reply ;)

i will have a look on it :D

Mallocmon

hi, i used the converter u attached. but now i'm getting this error:

Recalculating forum statistics... Table 'merapune_merapu2.fusion_settings' doesn't exist

Norv

Please, try using the attached files instead.

Mallocmon

its working now ! thanks for the help .. btw how to use the login fix ? is there login fix for phpfusion 7 ?

Norv

Please try adding this code to your_smf_directory/Sources/LogInOut.php :
Code (find) Select

// phpBB3 users new hashing.  We now support it as well ;).

Code (add before) Select

// php-fusion 6.x Login Method?
$other_passwords[] = md5(md5($_REQUEST['passwrd']));

UPDATE: it should work just fine for phpfusion 7 as well. Please make sure you empty your browser's cache and don't save passwords in the browser, and try logging in after this modification.

Mikolak

Does it import the users correctly if I have fusionboard4 installed?
You haven't answered it when a guy asked before.
If you don't know, can someone test it?
I can't because if it fails I'd probably lose all of my users, and I have MANY of them

Advertisement: