News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I only have YaBB 2.2 backups

Started by hhhoagie, February 23, 2009, 03:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhhoagie

I have downloaded the yabb 2.2 converter to SMF 1.1.8   I have installed SMF 1.1.8 and it is working.  How do I go about converting my Yabb 2.2 from a back-up... that's all I have.
SMF 2.0.4
Template Curve
No extensions

ThorstenE

Yabb2.2 is a flat-file based forum, you only need convert.php and yabb22_to_smf.php. In convert.php you specify the path to your old YaBB files.

Converting to SMF

hhhoagie

I see this statement in the convert.php when I run it.

"The converter should only need to know where the two installations are, after which it should be able to handle everything for itself." 

I don't have the Yabb2.2 instillation only the backup files.
When I run the converter I get this error.

"Unable to find the settings for YaBB 2.2. Please double check the path and try again."

Any suggestions, Please?
SMF 2.0.4
Template Curve
No extensions

hhhoagie

Some more information: I have my Yabb 2.2 backup folders on my website with permissions 755 .  In convert.php I enter the approperate address to those files and I get this error "Unable to find the settings for YaBB 2.2. Please double check the path and try again."
I can't seem to find "settings" either in the back up files or even in the Yabb 2.2 install package.  I'm confused.  Does in fact Yabb 2.2 need to be installed after all?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Bob

SMF 2.0.4
Template Curve
No extensions

Advertisement: