Main Menu

Custom Pages

Started by Robbo_, February 27, 2009, 09:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbo_

Author: Robbo    Supported Languages: English    
Link to mod | Mod Bugtracker | My Other Mods

Summary
This mod is used to create a custom page within your forum through the administration centre.
Basically you add, edit and remove pages through the admin interface which makes use of the same BBCode editor and a similar HTML editor like when making a post. There is also the ability to control who can see what page with various permission settings.

Change Log

Version 1.0.12
- Fixed problem with package installation

Version 1.0.11
- Fixed compatability issues with various mods
- Will now install/upgrade on SMF 2.0 RC1-1
- Added additional options to each page
- Added the ability to style each individual page
- Added session checks to increase security

Version 1.0.10
- Disabled the WYSIWYG features of the BBCode editor as it was causing problems

Version 1.0.9
- Quick fix for 1.0.8

Version 1.0.8
- Fixed a problem with editing pages not remembering the permissions set when previewing your page
- HTML editor now uses text variables properly
- Added the rest of functionality to the HTML editor so it is just like the BBCode one except for 'remove formatting', 'toggle view' and smilies which will not be added
- Changed how the page list is viewed so that lots of permissions or long URLs will not deface the page
- Other small fixes

Version 1.0.7
- Added ssi_recentPages function- Basic HTML editor added (will be adding more functionality in next version)
- Client-side validation removed
- Page views are now logged with flood protection
- Fixed bug where pressing cancel when prompted to delete a page would still deleting it

Version 1.0.6
- Fixed a bug causing the "delete" button to not show up
- Added action logging for when a page is changed in some way

Version 1.0.5
- Client-side validation is now off by default. To enable it go into {source_dir}/ManagePages.php and set $context['customPages_use_js'] to true on line 74
- Fixed some minor bugs

Version 1.0.4
- Fixed a heap of error log spam of unknown indexes
- Added a check to make sure the id is only a letter, number or underscore
- Added client-side validation
- Other small fixes

Version 1.0.3
- Fixed the who's online "unknown action"
- SSI support added

Version 1.0.2
- Fixed some problems with installation
- Fixed a bug with displaying a group permission

Version 1.0.1
- Updated to work with SMF 2.0 beta 4

Version 1.0.0
- Initial release
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

Angelotus

Nice,
Is it possible to automate list the pages?

Robbo_

I don't understand what you mean...

List all the pages or something?
Aus-Newerth

Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

Angelotus

No, just an SSI function that makes a list of all recent added pages. It would also be nice if you add a function that counts the views of each page.
Nice mod by the way :)

Robbo_

I like both those ideas. I will add them to the next version.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

shumilica

I wanted to embed this script:
http://www.heyzap.com/publishers
wich doesn't work because it uses the same parser with the one from posts. Is there anyway i can do a different page with it?
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Propaganistas

I get this error when trying to apply the mod:

QuoteFatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ecto.nl/www/forum/Packages/temp/install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/ecto.nl/www/forum/Sources/Packages.php on line 918

Please help?
Thanks in advance,
Propa

Robbo_

Quote from: shumilica on March 01, 2009, 06:45:52 AM
I wanted to embed this script:
http://www.heyzap.com/publishers
wich doesn't works because it uses the same parser with the one from posts. Is there anyway i can do a different page with it?
Next versions will support using BBCode or HTML so that getting embedded will work. I can't think of an easy way for you to do it so I guess you will just have to wait until I get the next version finished.

Quote from: Propaganistas on March 01, 2009, 09:31:24 AM
I get this error when trying to apply the mod:

QuoteFatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ecto.nl/www/forum/Packages/temp/install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/ecto.nl/www/forum/Sources/Packages.php on line 918

Please help?
Thanks in advance,
Propa
Have you been able to install any other mods? Uninstall the mod if it says it is installed, then delete that temp folder and try and install again. If it still doesn't work then you might want to try the support forums as that sounds like an issue with packaging and not the mod itself.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

shumilica

Robbo, currently I needed just one custom page, for that site so i modified custompages.template.php a little :), look: http://www.fcrp.ro/forum/index.php?action=page;sa=jocuri . I know, i'm like a gipsy, but for now it's ok for me and i'll just wait untill you have time so that i can use more than one custom page.

Robbo_

Cool :)

I am working on the next version now and just spotted a bug. There is no button to remove a page (well at least for me there isn't). I am going to put a quick fix up asap.

Then I will get back to work on adding logging, HTML editor and more SSI functions. If there are any other features people would like then now would be the time to tell me ;)
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Robbo_

New Version (1.0.6)

This version fixes the bug causing the delete button to not show up and adds action logging so when you change a page in some way it is logged and shown in the admin log (providing admin logging is enabled).

To update from 1.0.5 or any previous versions simply uninstall your current version without checking "Remove all data associated with this modification" and then install version 1.0.6.

Next version should contain everything noted in the to-do list. Should be done some time this week.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

drhamad

Do you have screenshots or a demo?
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Robbo_

I have internet problems atm. Once as they are sorted (Friday at the latest) I will setup a demo site for all mods I make. Screen shots will come then as well.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Groundhog

Robbo_

This is such a major and important mod to have. I'm glad to see it here today. Having just converted my forum from YaBB I used this mod there also and had very many pages that were custom and was hoping to move them to my SMF site also. The problem is they are all HTML so I am looking forward to your new HTML compatible version.

Have you any idea when this might become available?

Keep up the good work and thanks.

Thanks

Robbo_

Hopefully I will have it done some time this week.

I'm glad people are finding some use for it :)
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Groundhog

QuoteHopefully I will have it done some time this week.

Fantastic Robbo_

Thanks

shumilica

Groundhog, if you don't have scripts, basic html (even flash) can be applied (after you disable wysiwyg editor) with the [html ] html code here[/html ] tag.

Groundhog

Thanks shumilica, I'll give that a try  8)

Propaganistas

Quote from: Robbo_ on March 01, 2009, 07:15:21 PM
Have you been able to install any other mods? Uninstall the mod if it says it is installed, then delete that temp folder and try and install again. If it still doesn't work then you might want to try the support forums as that sounds like an issue with packaging and not the mod itself.

Deleting the temp directory worked out for me. Thanks a bunch!

It seems that the list tag gets displayed in preview, but it doesn't in the parsed page. Anyone else experiencing this?

PerryM

Of course there are bugs just uploading and installing this thing:

1.[/t] Execute Modification ./index.php Test failed

Let me know when this is fixed.
Perry

Advertisement: