SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProtoType

Has anyone managed to get thi arcade menu button to show in the Black Rain theme?
Code is not the same as default. Hack that I am, I put it in anyway. The arcade will show and work, but the menu button is weird. I put it back like it was.
I know this is something simple, but so am I  :), and I'm overlooking something.
Thanks,
ProtoType

fwitt

the easiest way to get the menu button in a different theme is to cross a copy of the calender button from your new theme with the arcade button in the default

arcade button code in default

echo ($current_action == 'arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

calender code in default

echo ($current_action == 'calendar' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'calendar' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar">' , $txt['calendar24'] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'calendar' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

if you look at how similar these two blocks of code are, you are almost just replacing the word calender with the word arcade at every occurance, with the exception of calender24 which gets replaced with arcade.

you also need to look for other lines in the index.template that refer to the calender and add the arcade to these.

ie in the default theme

if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'arcade', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))
$current_action = $context['current_action'];

notice how arcade has been added to the array in the same way as calender.

this method works for most themes.

some themes have gif images for the buttons in which case you will need a matching gif image that says arcade.

ProtoType

Thanks fwitt, greatly appreciated.
ProtoType

xyxis_fahim

Hi,
How do you fix this error?
I recently moved to a new domain+server so it's on my old database which is causing the error?

Score was not saved because checks failed and you probably tried to cheat or your browser is malfunctioning  

rider

Quote from: xyxis_fahim on April 01, 2007, 11:27:43 PM
Hi,
How do you fix this error?
I recently moved to a new domain+server so it's on my old database which is causing the error?

Score was not saved because checks failed and you probably tried to cheat or your browser is malfunctioning  
Go into your arcade settings and set the cheat mode to basic and permissions to none.Should fix it.

JSizzal

How do I show the new games Ive installed on a separate page or table..

rider

Quote from: JSizzal on April 02, 2007, 04:31:21 PM
How do I show the new games Ive installed on a separate page or table..
You could make a new category and call it new games.

Mariano

Is there any way to make appear the trophies in a member profile. For example, when you win a game in Vbulletin and you're the number 1 in that game automatically the system addes you a star or something ... Is there any way to do that ?

Col

Quote from: Achilles991 on March 23, 2007, 10:11:51 AM
Can someone help me with this??

Quote from: Achilles991 on March 09, 2007, 10:53:44 AM
I've got problem because my users started to play games, and don't post anymore. I tried with posts per day but that is not OK for all users, and i can't make number of posts required because newbies cant play. I think that perfect requirement will be posts per user total time logged in. Is that possible anyway?

Why can't you make it so that members must reach a certain post group before they have access? And then use the posts per day requirement? If you cannot make it work for you, I'd be inclined to claim that server load became an issue, so you've had to remove the feature. I don't the time logged in would be that useful, and would have to discount the time they are logged in and playing the arcade, I guess.

rider

Quote from: Mariano on April 02, 2007, 08:17:02 PM
Is there any way to make appear the trophies in a member profile. For example, when you win a game in Vbulletin and you're the number 1 in that game automatically the system addes you a star or something ... Is there any way to do that ?
There is a hack for this.You'll have to go to the arcade site for it.Click the link in my sig.

samames

i've got the 2.0.7 version of this mod and have downloaded a lot of the gamepacks, only to discovering that a load of them dont work! I think the ones that dont work are .swf games which require the flash player (which i have installed). here is my arcade [it hasnt gone live yet you need the url to view it]
Firefox 3 user. Mac user. Pc user.

samames

Please help me find a solution! :D

samames

btw - when you start some games it says "please wait while checking session" and then another line of text flashes very quickly saying somthing like "you must have adobe flash player installed for this game to work" (however as stated earlier, i already have flash player installed) then the game either works fine or the game box simply shrinks right down so that you cannot see the text or the game that is supposed to be in that area. please help me get this fixed :)

rider

Quote from: samames on April 03, 2007, 08:51:21 AM
btw - when you start some games it says "please wait while checking session" and then another line of text flashes very quickly saying somthing like "you must have adobe flash player installed for this game to work" (however as stated earlier, i already have flash player installed) then the game either works fine or the game box simply shrinks right down so that you cannot see the text or the game that is supposed to be in that area. please help me get this fixed :)
Go into admin>settings and change the cheat mode to basic and permissions to none.That should help with please wait while checking session.Also did you get the game packs from smfarcade.Those are the only games that we support.How did you install the games?

samames

i did get the games from you yes, and i uploaded them with the arcade uploader thingy in admin panel

peta-sucks.com

I get this error on smf 1.2

rider

Quote from: peta-sucks.com on April 03, 2007, 04:28:45 PM
I get this error on smf 1.2

I'm not sure why this happens but its ok to install the arcade.It will not mess up anything.Are you installing in the default theme?

peta-sucks.com

samames

you may find that it cant create the button to the arcade, possibly due to prevbious mods... Just install it, rider's right

rider

It will create the button in the default theme only.If it doesn't then you need to check your default langauge for your site.

Advertisement: