News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaba

Quote from: rider on November 12, 2007, 12:33:45 AM
Why don't you unzip the gamepack and rezip only the games you want to install?It shouldn't affect the games installed already.
Good advice, I'll give it a try, thanx.

Bigguy

if you google "SMF arcade games" you should come up with other sites as well that have games that will work on SMF arcade. ;)

Jakki

OK, someone help please. I'm completely new to this whole SMF forum stuff.  I have my forum set up nicely.  I'm trying to put the arcade in...I've downloaded the arcade but now what can someone please PM me instructions...LOL

Bigguy

Go to admin panel then to packages then to download packages and browse for your package and upload it. During the install process the package manager tests it first to see if it will install. If anything fails post back here with hte error. Also mods ONLY install to the default theme.

cferd

Quote from: John S on November 12, 2007, 01:07:01 AM
I couldn't find any games in the download section.. could you please give me a link, thanks
You need to register.

Jakki

Quote from: Bigguy on November 12, 2007, 01:12:50 PM
Go to admin panel then to packages then to download packages and browse for your package and upload it. During the install process the package manager tests it first to see if it will install. If anything fails post back here with hte error. Also mods ONLY install to the default theme.

Ok here's what my screen looks like, it says it is install, but I see nothing along the side.

Main
Administration Center
Support and Credits
News and newsletters
Packages

Configuration
Features and Options
Server Settings
Current Theme
Themes and Layout

Forum
Boards
Posts and Topics
Calendar
Search
Smileys and Message Icons
Attachments and Avatars

Members
Members
Membergroups
Permissions
Registration
Ban List

Maintenance
Forum Maintenance
Generate Reports
Forum Error Log

Package Manager 
Browse Packages | Download Packages |  Installed Packages | Options 
You can use the interface below to view those packages currently installed on the forum, and remove the ones you no longer require.
View and Remove Installed Packages
Mod Name Version 
1. SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
2. SMF Arcade 2.0.11 [ Uninstall ]

[ Delete Mod List ] 

Jaba

If it says uninstall then it should be there!
you should have:
Arcade Admin
Games
Categories
Settings

Did you follow the advice above and stick the the Default theme!
If you are using a custom theme change back to default and check Admin again for arcade! You should also have Arcade on your Menu now!! Take a look!
Get everything running with the default theme fist if you didn't already!

Bigguy

Looks like the edits didn't get done to the modifications.english.php file or you are not using the english language.

Jakki

Okay, I just downloaded it from Nico's download page..nothing said about English...is there anywhere else I can get the arcade download beside that one..the web page   www.smfarcade.info  will not open.

Bigguy

I guess the arcade site is having some problems. We will have to wait for it. If you look in the .xml file or use the package parser (located here:CLICK ) It will show you the edits that have to be done to a custom theme.

rider

Quote from: Jakki on November 12, 2007, 01:33:39 PM
Quote from: Bigguy on November 12, 2007, 01:12:50 PM
Try going to server settings and change the langauge to english.php and not english-utf8.php

Ok here's what my screen looks like, it says it is install, but I see nothing along the side.

Main
Administration Center
Support and Credits
News and newsletters
Packages

Configuration
Features and Options
Server Settings
Current Theme
Themes and Layout

Forum
Boards
Posts and Topics
Calendar
Search
Smileys and Message Icons
Attachments and Avatars

Members
Members
Membergroups
Permissions
Registration
Ban List

Maintenance
Forum Maintenance
Generate Reports
Forum Error Log

Package Manager 
Browse Packages | Download Packages |  Installed Packages | Options 
You can use the interface below to view those packages currently installed on the forum, and remove the ones you no longer require.
View and Remove Installed Packages
Mod Name Version 
1. SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
2. SMF Arcade 2.0.11 [ Uninstall ]

[ Delete Mod List ] 

Jakki

Golly sarg, I went and did that and guess what it shows...LOL.

Thank you so much, now lets see if I can make it work...

Jakki

Going to get some games and see how it goes..LOL

rider

Quote from: Jakki on November 12, 2007, 03:24:51 PM
Golly sarg, I went and did that and guess what it shows...LOL.

Thank you so much, now lets see if I can make it work...
LOL.Glad to help.You can also take the langauge files for the arcade and rename tem.Add -utf8 to the end of them and you'won't have this problem again.EX.arcade english.php would become arcade english-utf8.php.

rider

Quote from: Jakki on November 12, 2007, 03:27:44 PM
Going to get some games and see how it goes..LOL
If you have problems getting games,post back and I'll help you out there too.I'm not sure whats going on with smfarcade but I'm sure it will fixed shortly.

Jakki

Ok, I had the arcade showing up on the default theme on my forum, but when I change the theme to carribean sunset it goes away..how do I fix that? 
Games are still being downloaded.

rider

Quote from: Jakki on November 12, 2007, 03:54:24 PM
Ok, I had the arcade showing up on the default theme on my forum, but when I change the theme to carribean sunset it goes away..how do I fix that? 
Games are still being downloaded.

Most mods are designed to install into the default theme only.If you go here and upload the arcade it will tell you what edits are needed to have it show up in your theme.http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Jakki

An Error Has Occurred!
The package manager currently allows only these file types: zip 

I tried to install the games I downloaded from Arcade-only...what now..Sorry I'm a pain but I don't know anything about this stuff.

fwitt

the package manager is for installing mods.

use the arcade admin section to install the games.

Jakki

Okay but the last letters on the file are .rar, it won't let me..

Advertisement: