News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

Quote from: assasinkilla on November 22, 2007, 09:40:04 PM
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

why?!! my index.template.php is there 7777

Go ahead and install the mod in spite of the error and then apply manually the changes that the mod does to the index.template.php file.

Mick.

Quote from: BlueDevil on November 21, 2007, 10:54:42 PM
Hey guys....i havent done any upgrades or added any games in ages. All of the sudden i get this message:

"You need to enable javascript in order to play games. "

What gives?

bump..

TrueSatan

Your browser seems to have javascript disabled in it...try enabling javascript.

Mick.

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 23, 2007, 06:20:28 AM
Your browser seems to have javascript disabled in it...try enabling javascript.

TS....im not the only one. So are the users in my forum.

TrueSatan

OK...can you then check, please, the CHMOD of /Themes/default/script.js and similar for other themes you may be using and first make it 644...if that still causes problems uprate to 775 or 777 and report back.

Mick.

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 23, 2007, 07:43:43 AM
OK...can you then check, please, the CHMOD of /Themes/default/script.js and similar for other themes you may be using and first make it 644...if that still causes problems uprate to 775 or 777 and report back.

Nope.  Still the same.   This just happenned a couple days ago.

TrueSatan

My feeling is that you have problems that might need a re-install of the arcade to resolve them...and given that you seem to be running out of date versions of both forum and arcade an upgrade would be something I would advise as a matter of priority anyway. Swapping out script.js for a fresh copy might get you out of problems but the full upgrade is a rather more certsin route IMHO.

Let's see if the SMF Arcade staff have a better solution.

Mick.

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 23, 2007, 10:33:17 AM
My feeling is that you have problems that might need a re-install of the arcade to resolve them...and given that you seem to be running out of date versions of both forum and arcade an upgrade would be something I would advise as a matter of priority anyway. Swapping out script.js for a fresh copy might get you out of problems but the full upgrade is a rather more certsin route IMHO.

Let's see if the SMF Arcade staff have a better solution.

Do i have to remove the older version of arcade before installing     V 2.0.11?

TrueSatan

I would...safer and no great hardship. You might instead look at the E2.4.2 arcade as it is much more feature rich and based off of SMF Arcade...seeing as you're doing an upgrade anyway. BTW an upgrade of your forum to SMF 1.1.4 is also highly advised.

Mick.

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 23, 2007, 12:50:17 PM
I would...safer and no great hardship. You might instead look at the E2.4.2 arcade as it is much more feature rich and based off of SMF Arcade...seeing as you're doing an upgrade anyway. BTW an upgrade of your forum to SMF 1.1.4 is also highly advised.

My forum is 1.1.4 for awhile.

I found the problem.  The "Pretty URL" mod interferes with the "arcade" mod.

I removed it and now the arcade is playable.

LinkinParkBoy

Quote from: LinkinParkBoy on November 17, 2007, 06:03:21 AM
I've installed Smf Arcade, but it doesn't show the images.. why? I've sent everything to \games\ at the server...

Ty Cumps ;)

Quote from: jasonwatkins on November 17, 2007, 06:08:54 AM
i had this problem ..

go to admin->arcade admin

click on the individual games and check to see what is in the "thumbnails" field. if there's nothing there, then that's your problem.  find what the thumbnail is for the game and enter it into this field and you should have the image.

Yep the thumbnails field is empty. Is there where i need to put the images links?

Sorry i cant write very well english lol

Ty ;)

TikkA

Great mod working fine thanks :)

ASF

hi..

how can  i put my ads just above every game in my arcade? and also in the arcade index page?

any help appreciated thanks...

~Unkn0wn~

I added my flash game, but how insert it to send score? :S

TrueSatan

Games need to have their code converted to give arcade acapabilities to be fully used in an arcade (any arcade system not just the SMF ones)...if it truly is your game, meaning you wrote it or own the copyright or it is open source you might be able to get it converted by SMF Arcade staff or you could try requesting a conversion via the site I mention in my signature.

jasonwatkins

Quote from: LinkinParkBoy on November 23, 2007, 04:44:33 PM
Yep the thumbnails field is empty. Is there where i need to put the images links?

Ty ;)

yes.

you should have a GIF or JPG file with the thumbnail in the same folder - you need to enter that name like this - name.gif or name.jpg - into the thumbnail field and it should work.

ASF

Quote from: ASF on November 24, 2007, 02:43:02 PM
hi..

how can  i put my ads just above every game in my arcade? and also in the arcade index page?

any help appreciated thanks...

any help with this?

MinasC

Skhilled

Quote from: LinkinParkBoy on November 23, 2007, 04:44:33 PM
Quote from: LinkinParkBoy on November 17, 2007, 06:03:21 AM
I've installed Smf Arcade, but it doesn't show the images.. why? I've sent everything to \games\ at the server...

Ty Cumps ;)

Quote from: jasonwatkins on November 17, 2007, 06:08:54 AM
i had this problem ..

go to admin->arcade admin

click on the individual games and check to see what is in the "thumbnails" field. if there's nothing there, then that's your problem.  find what the thumbnail is for the game and enter it into this field and you should have the image.

Ty ;)
yes, just put the filename of the game in it.

Jaba

Anyone have a small problem with the game Plasmanautv2
When I click submit in game it bombs out to a blank page with the following.
"Invalid request variable."
I think this is only happens after passing level 1, so problem starts on level 2!

Only way back via browser back arrow!!
I don't think this is a problem with Arcade as 1st time this has happened with any game!

Advertisement: