News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisah746

It seems to be working fine in the default theme. Should I use the parser to figure out the problem. It is giving me the blank white screen in a custom theme.

Ertado

Still needing help with that multiple column thing...

niko

Quote from: crustybum on January 24, 2008, 11:42:01 AM
Hi

Have problems installing SMF_Arcade_2.0.12 on my new forum 1.1.4 via package manager, this is the error, can anyone help?

(attached)

Many thanks

Chris

index.template.php is conflict with another mod. utf8 error is because it was missing error="ignore" on xml file. It should work as long as you make edits on index.template.php manually
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Fustrate

Search tool won't let me search for this, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before...

any chance of this getting updated for 2.0? Just relaying the question from my forum's members ;)
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Skhilled

Quote from: Lisah746 on January 30, 2008, 06:41:18 PM
It seems to be working fine in the default theme. Should I use the parser to figure out the problem. It is giving me the blank white screen in a custom theme.
As said many times, you need to edit ALL themes other than the default. Most mods only install to the default theme and possibly the classic and Babylon themes.

Quote from: Ertado on January 30, 2008, 09:46:40 PM
Still needing help with that multiple column thing...
You'll need to post this at SMFarcade in the Hacks 2.0 board. If someone has the time they might try to make it work.

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on February 02, 2008, 07:45:31 PM
Search tool won't let me search for this, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before...

any chance of this getting updated for 2.0? Just relaying the question from my forum's members ;)
Not to my knowledge. Currently, there is only one person coding, which is Niko. He can probably answer this better but I believe he does have his hands full, atm.

niko

Quote from: Skhilled on February 03, 2008, 06:17:58 AM
Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on February 02, 2008, 07:45:31 PM

Not to my knowledge. Currently, there is only one person coding, which is Niko. He can probably answer this better but I believe he does have his hands full, atm.

I just yesterday got 2.5 updated to support Beta 2 but it's not ready otherwise
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Hemarr

Hi i seem to have a problem trying to install on  version  1.1.4  of SMF

i get this error

hxxp:www.hemarr.com/game-error.png [nonactive]

also using default theme
with tiny portal

thanks

rider

Quote from: Hemarr on February 05, 2008, 10:17:15 AM
Hi i seem to have a problem trying to install on  version  1.1.4  of SMF

i get this error

www.hemarr.com/game-error.png

also using default theme
with tiny portal

thanks
You can go ahead with the install.The index.template error is the arcade writing the code for the arcade tab.The other error you can ignore.

godsdead

Ah cheers rider & Hemarr, the exact errors i get lol!
How would i add the URL to the template? im useing a custom template, called "outline" i edited index.template.php and found some of the tabs at the top of the forum, like this:

// How about the [search] button?
if ($context['allow_search'])
echo '<li><a' , $current_action=='search' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=search"><span>Search</span></a></li>';

if i use any other URL's like this, it outputs errors in the admin cp, and they are not "selected" when in the section there linked to.. how would i do this? for the time being iv been useing these for the menu..

// Show the [gallery] button.
                              echo '<li><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=gallery"><span>Gallery</span></a></li>';

Cheers =]
Anti Chav [nofollow]

fwitt

// How about the [arcade] button?
echo '<li><a' , $current_action=='arcade' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade"><span>', $txt['Arcade'] ,'</span></a></li>';

should work as the button code, you may also have to add arcade to a list earlier in the template, which i believe sorts out the selected issue, i dont know this particular theme but it isnt normally that hard to find, the list will be in a block with $current_action and would be something like 'search', 'profile', 'calender' if you add 'arcade' to this list (the order is not important).

I normally find the block by searching for the php file for the text 'search' and adding relevant arcade code.

godsdead

ah, yea cheers, i found this while inserting my google Analytics code =p
Anti Chav [nofollow]

Ninetail

I have a question. If I want the Champion(Hi-score) of any game show under post

how to do it?

And. I have a problem to upload game packgage. I can't upload game packgage reason cannot upload please tell me

rider

Quote from: Ninetail on February 08, 2008, 02:09:22 AM
I have a question. If I want the Champion(Hi-score) of any game show under post

how to do it?

And. I have a problem to upload game packgage. I can't upload game packgage reason cannot upload please tell me
Go to www.smfarcade.info and try this mod.http://www.smfarcade.info/index.php/topic,2424.0.html
How are you trying to install the games?

msPaula

SMF version = 1.1.4
Arcade version = 2.0.9
Theme = pn-pn

In the Who's online and someone is in the arcade index it will show them as in the arcade index but as soon as the member goes to play a game it will list them as "Doing Nothing You Can See"

For the admin it will show what game is being played.

I really want the same shown to all members how do I fix the code so if some one is playing a game it will show what game to anyone viewing the Who's Online as it does for admin's.

I have searched this board as well found the same question asked but have not seen any reply to this part of the question here or on the arcade site.

rider

Quote from: msPaula on February 09, 2008, 01:42:01 AM
SMF version = 1.1.4
Arcade version = 2.0.9
Theme = pn-pn

In the Who's online and someone is in the arcade index it will show them as in the arcade index but as soon as the member goes to play a game it will list them as "Doing Nothing You Can See"

I really want the same shown to all members how do I fix the code so if some one is playing a game it will show what game to anyone viewing the Who's Online as it does for admin's.

I have searched this board as well found the same question asked but have not seen any reply to this part of the question here or on the arcade site.

try going to smfarcade.info.Click the link in my sig.Then check out this thread.http://www.smfarcade.info/index.php/topic,411.0.html
The info is for an older version but I think it should work for you.

msPaula

Quote from: rider on February 09, 2008, 02:54:12 AM
Quote from: msPaula on February 09, 2008, 01:42:01 AM
SMF version = 1.1.4
Arcade version = 2.0.9
Theme = pn-pn

try going to smfarcade.info.Click [nofollow] the link in my sig.Then check out this thread.http://www.smfarcade.info/index.php/topic,411.0.html
The info is for an older version but I think it should work for you.

I did try that and it will not work on the version I have. I did find the following

// start arcade intagration (pja 10 Aug 08)
elseif ($actions['action'] == 'arcade')
{

if (!isset($actions['sa']) || $actions['sa'] == 'list')
// Viewing index
$data[$k] = $txt['who_arcade'];
elseif ($actions['sa'] == 'play' && isset($actions['game']))
// Playing game
$game_ids[(int) $actions['game']][$k] = $txt['who_arcade_play'];
// $data[$k] = $txt['who_arcade_play'];
elseif ($actions['sa'] == 'highscore' && isset($actions['game']))
// Viewing highscores of game
// $game_ids[(int) $actions['game']][$k] = $txt['who_arcade_highscore'];
$data[$k] = $txt['who_arcade_highscore'];
else
// Something else, let's say it's index
$data[$k] = $txt['who_arcade'];

}
            // end arcade intagration (pja 10 Aug 08)

The code for "who_arcade_play" works fine for admin but for everyone else it will show the "Nothing, or nothing you can see" message

The code for "who_arcade_highscore" will show "Viewing highscores of %s on Arcade" for admin's as well as normal users.

who_arcade_highscore and who_arcade_play is defined as

$txt['who_arcade_play'] = 'Playing <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=arcade;sa=play;game=%d">%s</a> on Arcade';
$txt['who_arcade_highscore'] = 'Viewing highscores of <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=arcade;sa=play;game=%d">%s</a> on Arcade';

I really hope you can help me on this

Trinny

Quotetry switching your fourm default langauge from -utf8 to just english.php and see if that helps.Alos since you're using -utf8 can you see the admin settings for the arcade?
I just installed the arcade on 1.1.4 and my forum default language is english.php... I don't see the arcade admin area at all. The arcade is there, empty as can be, and I have no admin area in which to attempt to add games. I'm a little confused here, there were no reported errors in the installation.

rider

When you installed the arcade,did you run the installArcade.php in your web browser?

Trinny

Quote from: rider on February 20, 2008, 09:30:23 AM
When you installed the arcade,did you run the installArcade.php in your web browser?
Yeah not so much. I've installed a lot of mods and have never had to do that, I didn't know that I was supposed to do anything other than install the mod ??? I'll give it a shot.

Ricky.

Is there any way to embed game in <iframe> so can use on remote blog etc ?
ie. stripped down version of "Playing game" area.. so that when called via iframe.. only game appear..

Or can still do easily.. kindly suggest.

Advertisement: