News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jusplay77

Where would I manipulate the code to add an image to here:

" Arcade
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You need a valid arcade pass to play in the arcade. Visit the store."

I want to add an Arcade-Champion-Trophy image there that is shown to all (those that have the arcade pass, and those that do not)..   The Trophy of course coincides with the Awards Mod

pibe86

hello, i have a problem , i have install     SMF Arcade      2.0.12 , but admin space is in blank, i use smf 1.1.4, tyniportal and my forum is http://www.encuentrofutbol.com , it is in spanish i have else upload these files, Arcade.english-utf8.php, Arcade.spanish-utf8.php, Arcade.english, Arcade.spanish.php, ArcadeAdmin.english-utf8.php, ArcadeAdmin.english.php , ArcadeAdmin.spanish-utf8.php y ArcadeAdmin.spanish.php

i dont know what it is happening

in english i can see avery thing, but in spanish not

look at the picture plz

fwitt

Quote from: pibe86 on February 24, 2008, 04:40:47 PM<br />hello, i have a problem , i have install     SMF Arcade      2.0.12 , but admin space is in blank, i use smf 1.1.4, tyniportal and my forum is <a href="http://www.encuentrofutbol.com" class="bbc_link new_win" target="_blank">http://www.encuentrofutbol.com</a> , it is in spanish i have else upload these files, Arcade.english-utf8.php, Arcade.spanish-utf8.php, Arcade.english, Arcade.spanish.php, ArcadeAdmin.english-utf8.php, ArcadeAdmin.english.php , ArcadeAdmin.spanish-utf8.php y ArcadeAdmin.spanish.php<br /><br />i dont know what it is happening<br /><br />in english i can see avery thing, but in spanish not<br /><br />look at the picture plz<br />

you make no mention of the language edits in Modifications.spanish.php, make sure all your languages have the arcade language strings in this file (this file may hold language strings for other mods as well).

pibe86

fwitt, thanks men, it was the problem

now my users can play XD, are there anything alse to integrate to arcade?

jusplay77

QuoteWhere would I manipulate the code to add an image to here:

" Arcade
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You need a valid arcade pass to play in the arcade. Visit the store."

I want to add an Arcade-Champion-Trophy image there that is shown to all (those that have the arcade pass, and those that do not)..   The Trophy of course coincides with the Awards Mod

Anyone know? 

Skhilled

@Trinny, Are you using hte default theme? If not, you'll have to manually edit your custom theme.

@Ricky, I doubt that can be done the way you want it.

@jusplay77, That is a Hack for the arcade. You'd have to go to smfarcade.info and ask the user who created the hack.

@pibe86, Not sure what you mean exactly but if you are looking for Hack for the arcade then go to the Hacks board at smfarcade and see what is available.

Kimmie

Hi - I have 1.1.4 and just tried to install this on a test site that right now is using the default theme. I got this error:

7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php File not found

I dont use utf8 - I use english. Do I have to install this language file in order for the mod to work?

Also, I seem to remember someone mentioning that something had to be run on my browser in order to get this mod to work as well. If there are any special instructions other than simply uploading it via package manager, could you let me know here? I checked all the files for an install doc but one was not found.

Thanks in advance :)

goldenboy48

how to disable the annoying Private Messages telling me that someone else has become the champion...

fwitt

Quote from: Kimmie on March 14, 2008, 12:05:41 AM
Hi - I have 1.1.4 and just tried to install this on a test site that right now is using the default theme. I got this error:

7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php File not found

I dont use utf8 - I use english. Do I have to install this language file in order for the mod to work?

Also, I seem to remember someone mentioning that something had to be run on my browser in order to get this mod to work as well. If there are any special instructions other than simply uploading it via package manager, could you let me know here? I checked all the files for an install doc but one was not found.

as you use plain english and not utf8 the file not found will not affect the install on your forum.

Once the arcade is installed you still need to upload and install the games you wish to use, customize the settings and then enable the arcade. Cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

fwitt

Quote from: PanesarV on March 14, 2008, 03:27:37 AM
how to disable the annoying Private Messages telling me that someone else has become the champion...

this Hack stops all of this msg's on your forum.

Arcade 2.1 will have an option in each users profile to enable/disable these msgs

rider

Quote from: Kimmie on March 14, 2008, 12:05:41 AM

If this is the 1st time you've installed the arcade then you'll need to to run the installArcade.php in your web browser.It will look something like this.www.yoursite.com/installArcade.php.

rider

Check under profile>personal message options>uncheck the box saying send pm when highscore is beaten.

niko

Quote from: rider on March 14, 2008, 10:36:17 AM
Check under profile>personal message options>uncheck the box saying send pm when highscore is beaten.

It's requires hack from forum.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Kimmie

thanks to both rider and fwitt

I gotta install my own games? yikes.. good thing I am gonna try this out on my test site first..as I have never done that. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I know from running a a free smf forum (not one I had to take care of myself), that already had the arcade installed on it.. those files were .swf files. When looking for games to install do they need to be that file type?

rider

Quote from: Kimmie on March 14, 2008, 11:02:28 PM
thanks to both rider and fwitt

I gotta install my own games? yikes.. good thing I am gonna try this out on my test site first..as I have never done that. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I know from running a a free smf forum (not one I had to take care of myself), that already had the arcade installed on it.. those files were .swf files. When looking for games to install do they need to be that file type?
Kimmie
Installing the games is not that hard.Lets get you started.Click on the link in my sig.Thats the arcade support site.Click on the downloads and download the game zipfiles from there to a folder on your pc.Then go to admin>games >install>use the zipfile option to upload the games.All games packs should install that way.Let us know how you do.

goldenboy48

Quote from: fwitt on March 14, 2008, 04:51:08 AM

this Hack stops all of this msg's on your forum.

Arcade 2.1 will have an option in each users profile to enable/disable these msgs

this did the job. thanks man.

JoshieDaMan

A users wants me to do a special features additional. So I am doing so. But one question, how can I edit the action=arcade page and where it says Arcade  | Statistics I am wondering how could I put a link of my own in there?

Like     Arcade | Statistics | new-link

Filipina

Quote from: rider on March 14, 2008, 10:33:33 AM
If this is the 1st time you've installed the arcade then you'll need to to run the installArcade.php in your web browser.It will look something like this.www.yoursite.com/installArcade.php.

ok cool search took me right here :)  At the risk of sounding dumb do you mean you still complete the installation with the error and missing folder first, and then run the install in your webbrowser? I have a lot of MODS but no experience with this.  Thanks for any assistance.

fwitt

Quote from: Filipina on March 17, 2008, 12:37:21 PM
ok cool search took me right here :)  At the risk of sounding dumb do you mean you still complete the installation with the error and missing folder first, and then run the install in your webbrowser? I have a lot of MODS but no experience with this.  Thanks for any assistance.

if the error is modifications.english-utf8.php file not found, and your forum doesn't use english-utf8 then you can safely ignore that error, if the error is index.template.php you can safely install but will need to manually add a link to the arcade.

with regards to the missing folder without more details I'm not sure i can advise.

fwitt

Quote from: JoshieDaMan on March 17, 2008, 10:11:26 AM
A users wants me to do a special features additional. So I am doing so. But one question, how can I edit the action=arcade page and where it says Arcade  | Statistics I am wondering how could I put a link of my own in there?

Like     Arcade | Statistics | new-link

I think the code for that is in Arcade.template.php

Advertisement: