News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I AM Legend

what code do I need to edit? and what code do I need to replace it with?.

Skhilled

@I Am Legnd - look in install.xml.

@dkinser - upgrade to the latest version.

@The Cadet - Are you talking about Global or regular mods? Regular mods should only have access to particular boards that you've set. Globals have access to all boards.

@THE BRA1N - add this after which ever button you'd like in your index.template.php // calendar button
$context['menubox'][]=array(
'title' => $txt['arcade'],
'link' => $scripturl.'?action=arcade',
'chosen' => 'arcade',
'memberonly' => false,
'guestonly' => false,
'permission' => 'allow_arcade',
);

The Cadet

GMs, I don't run normal ones.

Sudhakar Arjunan

I was so far using Powered by E-Arcade 2.5.0 based on: SMF Arcade 2.0.9 © Niko Pahajoki 2004-2007 in my smf 1.1.6.

Now upgrade to smf 2.0.4 beta, and found the smf arcade matches 2.0.4 and installed it, could anyone help me to import all the games 1.1.6 to 2.0.4
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

bros

The Cadet - Try giving permissions to all users (who you want) to View Arcade. It isn't set on all membergroups by default

The Cadet

Quote from: bros on October 15, 2008, 10:27:01 PM
The Cadet - Try giving permissions to all users (who you want) to View Arcade. It isn't set on all membergroups by default

In my case, it was, oddly enough. The default membergroup was able to use it, from permissions. And it still doesn't work.

ousu

I would like to uninstall smfarcade 2.0.14  and install smfarcade 2.0.15.

When iam trying to uninstall, I am getting the error message

Please help me in installing smfarcade 2.0.15 with out loosing the old games and high scores which are stored in smfarcade 2.0.14.

Thank you

bros

Quote from: ousu on October 16, 2008, 11:58:31 AM

Please help me in installing smfarcade 2.0.15 with out loosing the old games and high scores which are stored in smfarcade 2.0.14.

Thank you

I can't read it because it is so small.

But just delete the lines of code from those files that was applied by smf arcade.

patalete

Quote from: bros on October 16, 2008, 06:32:34 PM
Quote from: ousu on October 16, 2008, 11:58:31 AM

Thank you

I can't read it because it is so small.

But just delete the lines of code from those files that was applied by smf arcade.

right click in the pic, copy the pic url and paste it into new browser window, the magic will do the rest...

BTW any help with this?

Quote from: patalete on October 08, 2008, 02:01:07 PM
There is any option to prevent/stop logging the "You are not allowed to play games!" msg showed to guests in the forum error log section??

I'm runnig smf 1.1.6
Arcade 2.0.15

thanks

Cheers

Skhilled

Quote from: A.SK on October 15, 2008, 01:20:04 PM
I was so far using Powered by E-Arcade 2.5.0 based on: SMF Arcade 2.0.9 © Niko Pahajoki 2004-2007 in my smf 1.1.6.

Now upgrade to smf 2.0.4 beta, and found the smf arcade matches 2.0.4 and installed it, could anyone help me to import all the games 1.1.6 to 2.0.4

I believe the installer for E-arcade 2.5.4 will do this. There should have been an option at the end of the installer asking if you wish to import games.

Quote from: The Cadet on October 16, 2008, 11:43:33 AM
Quote from: bros on October 15, 2008, 10:27:01 PM

In my case, it was, oddly enough. The default membergroup was able to use it, from permissions. And it still doesn't work.

Go to Arcade Admin -> Categories. Click on your categories and enable the membergoups for each one. You can also go to Arcade Admin -> Settings and for "Permission Mode" set it to "None" if that does not work.

@bros - You need to manually remove the code as some other mods or code editing on your part has changed the code the arcade is looking for. So, it basically cannot find it. Look in install.xml for that code you need to remove for the "Test Failed" files. Then install 2.0.15.

@patalete -Follow the instructions I gave to The Cadet above.

jeza

QuoteThere is any option to prevent/stop logging the "You are not allowed to play games!" msg showed to guests in the forum error log section??

I'm runnig smf 1.1.6
Arcade 2.0.15

thanks

Open your ArcadePlay.php in sources and find
Quoteif (!$context['arcade']['can_play'])
      fatal_lang_error('cannot_arcade_play');

Change that to
Quoteif (!$context['arcade']['can_play'])
      fatal_lang_error('cannot_arcade_play', false);

jeza

Quote from: ChrisChris on October 14, 2008, 05:59:27 AM
G'day!

Some of my members can't save their high scores - it just hangs on the game for a while, doing nothing.

Any advice would be much appreciated ;)

Cheers,
Chris T. (From Down Under, Australia)

Thats usually, but not always, a url to games issue.
Goto admin>arcade>settings
Check the url to games, if it has the www there take it off, if its not there put it on.

jeza

Quote from: Jiveturkey on September 13, 2008, 03:49:09 PM
Now that I've upgraded I my members can't input their scores.  Once they're done playing they get a page not found error.

Any idea on what might cause this?

Thats Pretty URL's conflicting.
The fix is posted here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg1564990#msg1564990

patalete

@Skhilled
I were talking about diferent issue than cadet.. ;)

@Jeza
Great! Thats what I needed

Thankyou ;D

psynx

hello,

i just installed this mod. i got problems with my package manager after installing this...i can't access my package manager because of this mods. please help. i have the image below to what error i got.

jeza

Quote from: psynx on November 01, 2008, 01:43:51 PM
hello,

i just installed this mod. i got problems with my package manager after installing this...i can't access my package manager because of this mods. please help. i have the image below to what error i got.

Try going to your packages folder and deleting the arcade zip file.
I believe this problem is with your host.
You will need to contact them and find out.

psynx

i already done that but i get same errors on deleting it. that error will showed up

jeza

Quote from: psynx on November 01, 2008, 05:04:25 PM
i already done that but i get same errors on deleting it. that error will showed up

You will need to do as the error and myself suggested, and contact your host. The problem is at their end by either not supporting zip files, or switching the support off without telling anyone.
Hosts do irritating things like that.

psynx

i made contact with my host and problem solved!  ;)

i still have problems,  i have additional membergroups in my forum. i set permissions to let them play the games but still they can't see the list of games in arcade page. regular members, global mod, admins have no problem accessing the game. only that additional membergroup i added has the problem accessing the game.

jeza

Quote from: psynx on November 02, 2008, 04:47:37 AM
i made contact with my host and problem solved!  ;)

i still have problems,  i have additional membergroups in my forum. i set permissions to let them play the games but still they can't see the list of games in arcade page. regular members, global mod, admins have no problem accessing the game. only that additional membergroup i added has the problem accessing the game.

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php/topic,2144.0.html

The easiest thing to do is goto admin>arcade>settings and set permissions to 'none'. But read that link as it explains everything. You may have to read it twice.
;D

Advertisement: