News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

NBK*Twitch, you shouldn't have to do this and it may be a bug, I'll have to check on that.... but in the meantime...

Go to Admin----->Arcade------>Games----->Edit Games.  Just click on a game's title and look down at the bottom of its data page for Advanced Settings and click that.  Now... this is where we were last time when you said you still couldn't see anything that let you edit size.  This time, when you have clicked on Advanced Settings, add this to the end of the URL in your browser window:   ;detect

See if that doesn't show you the place to edit sizes.  This is what the poster over at SMF Arcade had to do.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

TwitchisMental

I do not see edit game even in the acp.

Mind telling what the url should be? This has worked for me before when I had an issue with rss feeder.

gbsothere

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on September 14, 2009, 01:52:18 AM

Mind telling what the url should be? This has worked for me before when I had an issue with rss feeder.

This is for RC1.2, right? 

NBK*Twitch, at some point, you may want to create a temp admin account and PM me log in details.  You should at least be seeing Edit in the Arcade CP, so something seems to have not installed correctly.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

mycousinvinny

gbsothere;

Thanks again for the expert help you provided me with our arcade. You are a credit to the SMF community. My members and I are delighted as a result of your most gracious support.

Thank You Very Much!!

Vinny

gbsothere

Good morning, Vinny! 

It was a pleasure and I hope you guys enjoy the arcade.  If you ever upgrade your forum to 2.0, Arcade is ready for that, as well. 

Give a heads up, if you have any questions.

:)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: gbsothere on September 14, 2009, 09:06:04 AM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on September 14, 2009, 01:52:18 AM

This is for RC1.2, right? 

NBK*Twitch, at some point, you may want to create a temp admin account and PM me log in details.  You should at least be seeing Edit in the Arcade CP, so something seems to have not installed correctly.
Yes I am using rc1.2.

gbsothere

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on September 15, 2009, 10:50:02 AM
Yes I am using rc1.2.

If you decide you want me to come take a look at it, just PM me the log in details.  Otherwise, you might want to register at http://smfarcade.info and have the staff there help you determine why this setting isn't appearing.  It may be a faster alternative for you.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: gbsothere on September 15, 2009, 11:00:51 AM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on September 15, 2009, 10:50:02 AM
Yes I am using rc1.2.

If you decide you want me to come take a look at it, just PM me the log in details.  Otherwise, you might want to register at http://smfarcade.info and have the staff there help you determine why this setting isn't appearing.  It may be a faster alternative for you.

Humm okay.

Banthe

Hi All... I've installed SMF Arcade on v1.1.10 and I can't get the Arcade tab to appear in the right place (next to Help)....It keeps appearing above the Menu tab??
Please help, I really don't know what I'm doing!!!!!!! :-[
The code I have entered in index.template is:
// Show the [help] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'help' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'help' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'help' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

// How about the [arcade] button?
    if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
        echo ($current_action == 'arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '' : '' , '
                <div class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
                   <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">', (!empty($txt['arcade']) ? $txt['arcade'] : 'Arcade'), '</a>
                </div>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>' : '<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>';

// Show the [multiplayer] button.
echo ($current_action=='multiplayer' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_first"> </td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action=='multiplayer' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=multiplayer">' , $txt['mp13'] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action=='multiplayer' ? '<td class="maintab_active_last"> </td>' : '';// How about the [search] button?
if ($context['allow_search'])
echo ($current_action == 'search' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'search' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=search">' , $txt[182] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'search' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

hivecentral.org

gbsothere

Shianne, I see you're using a custom theme.  Did you make the edits to your theme's index.template.php?  Also, did you open the Arcade zip and then its default folder and move those templates into your custom theme's directory, and its language and images files, likewise?

Banthe

thanx for a fast reply gbsothere,
It actually isn't so-much custom...all I did is change some colors in the style.css...I have Simple Portal installed, which is what you can see on the home page.
I didn't need to move any of those other files as they installed correctly via Package manager in smf. But, when I installed arcade, it did say that test install found an error in index.template...thats why I manually entered the code shown above. All other tests passed????
I am stumped!! :'(

Banthe

Sorry, I forgot to ad... I am using the SMF Default Theme - core

gbsothere

Shianne, it's probably because another mod is using that file and creating the error.  Can you attach it here, along with a list of all your mods, so that I can determine which ones share the file and possibly correct the edit?

Banthe

The mods I have installed are:
1.   Advanced Login Form
2.   Welcome Topic Mod
3.   Hide SMF Version
4.   Own Logo Links To Domain
5.   PM Notification Bar
6.   Custom Copyright
7.   PaypalDonations
8.   Your Last Visit
9.   simplemp
10.   hof
11.   Custom_Greeting_Depending_on_Time
12.   Thank-O-Matic
13.   MoodStars_purpul
14.   SimplePortal
15.   AvatarSelect
16.   BoardHover Mod
17.   Add Favicon.ico Support
18.   SMF Arcade
19.   Ultimate Profile
20.   Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio
21.   Board Notification Mod
22.   Center the Navagation Bar
23.   NiceTooltips
24.   arcwdm_v2.2
25.   SMF Sitemap
26.   Simple Image Upload
27.   SMF Staff Page
28.   [HTML] Permission Mod

Thanx for your help...much appreciated!!!

gbsothere

It'll take me several minutes, Shianne.  What I'm going to do is attach it when I'm done and then I just want to say this...

Sometimes, when you ignore the "are you sure you want to install this package even though it will not work properly" message, the mod will never quite kick in, even if the files in question are edited after the fact.  So, when I attach your file in a bit, you may want to uninstall the Arcade, then send up a clean fresh index.template.php from your SMF 1.1.10 zip, finish the installation and then, when you're done, upload the index.template.php file that I'll be attaching.  That way, you will get past the arcade's problem with the file during installation and by reuploading the edited file, you will preserve your other mods' functions.

Back in a bit.

Banthe

gbsothere,
thank you so much...Thought I better attach an image of the rogue button in question............

gbsothere

I'm almost done, Shianne, but what is the full name of the "hof" mod?  I'm not finding it under Hall of Fame, which was my first guess.  It's not one I'm familiar with.

Banthe

gbsothere, It is the Hall Of Fame mod....the file I downloaded was called H2

gbsothere

Quote from: shianne on September 18, 2009, 10:23:26 AM
gbsothere, It is the Hall Of Fame mod....the file I downloaded was called H2

I'm not coming up with it, but would you look in its zip if you still have it and check the xml file to see if it parses the index.template.php?  (Or if you happen to stumble on its link here, while I'm finishing these edits, that would work, as well.)

Banthe

sorry gbsothere, I can't find the file!!! And i can't remember where I got it! I've been looking at so many mods all over the net, that I've lost track  :-\
I do remember that HOF was installed in the latter, after these issues started..if thats any help?

Advertisement: