News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GohighVoltage

Dude you are awesome!  thanks!

niko

Package on mod site is now fixed too.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

GohighVoltage

what is Permission mode  and how do you properly use it?  When I enable it,  guests cannot see the games.   

GohighVoltage

Under CORE FEATURES,  how come the picture file next to ARCADE is missing?

ishy

When I tried to install this, I got:

QuoteThe server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

As far as I can tell, it hasn't done any edits, so I can't figure out what the problem is. I went through the parser, and nothing has been done. Nothing in the error log refers to this.

LC

Quote from: gfa-skyranger on December 12, 2009, 09:53:08 AM
The Question is,
Where to get Games for that mod ?

I wont read 210 Pages to get that info, Put it into the 1st post of this Theme, if anyone has an Answer.
So other Ones can get that Info.

THX, regards, SkyRanger
http://games.smfarcade.info/

FrelonVert

Hello,

Thank you for this great mod. I have version SMF Arcade 2.5 Beta 7 and I would translate it. Which files to edit?

Thank you

Zidane5555

Alright I am very noob here so bare with me.

First of all, I want to add an arcade to my site www.soccerfanbase.com

We are using version 1.1.8 of SMF and using "Blueace" theme.

Also, here are the mods I have :

Mod Name     Version     
1.    RSS Feed Icon    1.1    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    SimplePortal    2.2.1    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Add Favicon.ico Support    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Global Headers Footers    1.4.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Pretty URLs    0.9    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    SMF Arcade    2.0.18    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Qucik Register    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Favicon    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    SMF Gallery Lite    2.0.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Ad Managment    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    7.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.0.71    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Custom Tab    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Karma Applaud Only    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    SMF File Manager    2.1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    SMF Arcade    2.5 RC1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

So can someone help me with telling me exactly how to add the arcade from scratch step by step. Thanks a lot !

And again, I am very noob with smf so my apology if this has been asked many times etc. :\

perplexed

Quote from: Zidane5555 on December 15, 2009, 04:20:52 PM
Alright I am very noob here so bare with me.

First of all, I want to add an arcade to my site www.soccerfanbase.com

We are using version 1.1.8 of SMF and using "Blueace" theme.

Also, here are the mods I have :

Mod Name     Version     
1.    RSS Feed Icon    1.1    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    SimplePortal    2.2.1    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Add Favicon.ico Support    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Global Headers Footers    1.4.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Pretty URLs    0.9    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    SMF Arcade    2.0.18    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Qucik Register    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Favicon    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    SMF Gallery Lite    2.0.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Ad Managment    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    7.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.0.71    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Custom Tab    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Karma Applaud Only    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    SMF File Manager    2.1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    SMF Arcade    2.5 RC1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

So can someone help me with telling me exactly how to add the arcade from scratch step by step. Thanks a lot !

And again, I am very noob with smf so my apology if this has been asked many times etc. :\

First of all you should upgrade your forum to 1.1.11 for security reasons.  You are a couple of versions behind at 1.1.8

Secondly you have two versions of the arcade listed in that list of mods.  One still says "apply mod" so I am assuming you haven't tried to install that one yet, and the second one says "list files/delete" so I'm assuming you have tried to install this one but since it's the wrong version for you it won't install.

SMF_Arcade_2.0.18.zip for 1.1.x
SMF_Arcade_2.5_RC1_Public.zip for 2.0 RC2

Have you tried to install Arcade 2.0.18 yet?  If so did you get any errors?  If so, please post them here.

I would delete this one from your mod list btw - 16.    SMF Arcade    2.5 RC1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ] -as it is not for the SMF 1.1 series.

Zidane5555

Yeah I did encouter an error during the 2.0.8 which is why I downloaded the 2.5 to see if it makes any difference.

This is where it happens :

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Who.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Sources/Arcade.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeInstall.php    
10.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeList.php

MATTEK

I am still unable to upload games through the upload option in the Arcade CP. I'm using 2.0 RC2
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

perplexed

Quote from: Zidane5555 on December 15, 2009, 05:57:30 PM
Yeah I did encouter an error during the 2.0.8 which is why I downloaded the 2.5 to see if it makes any difference.

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful

Ok well that's not too bad.  You just have one fail - 5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed - which is probably because of another mod you have installed.  What you can do is install the arcade mod and then manually edit that file to add the code that the package manager is failing on.  Go this page http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=36 and follow the manual instructions for smf (top right hand corner of page) Select the SMF_Arcade_2.0.18.zip and your version of SMF, then click the parse button, and scroll down the instructions until you find the edits you need to do for index.template.php.  It's about halfway down the page and there are three you have to do which is probably to make the arcade button appear on the navigation bar.  Make sure you back up all your files and DB before making any changes, and you should be ok.  It's not hard to do, don't worry.

LBizGrl

I have 1.1.11 Will it be updated to that compatibility soon?
Smile! :)

It burns WAY more calories than a frown!

fwitt

Quote from: LBizGrl on December 15, 2009, 08:14:49 PM
I have 1.1.11 Will it be updated to that compatibility soon?

I have the newest version running on 1.1.11 already no problems so far.
2.0.18 in smfarcade.info downloads page installs on 1.1.11

Skhilled

Quote from: GohighVoltage on December 12, 2009, 02:38:23 PM
I installed in SMF 2.0 RC2  and when I go to admin arcade settings I get error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /html/forum/Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php on line 943

Did you do a manual edit? Sounds like you either added or removed something.

Quote from: GohighVoltage on December 12, 2009, 03:45:45 PM
what is Permission mode  and how do you properly use it?  When I enable it,  guests cannot see the games.   

http://wiki.smfarcade.info/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#Some_members.2Fmembergroups_can_play_while_others_cannot.21

Quote from: ishy on December 12, 2009, 06:35:46 PM
When I tried to install this, I got:

QuoteThe server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

As far as I can tell, it hasn't done any edits, so I can't figure out what the problem is. I went through the parser, and nothing has been done. Nothing in the error log refers to this.

Sounds like a server issue or glitch when you tried to install it. Check your permissions for files and directories and try it again.

Quote from: LadyChaos on December 12, 2009, 07:59:54 PM
Quote from: gfa-skyranger on December 12, 2009, 09:53:08 AM
The Question is,
Where to get Games for that mod ?

I wont read 210 Pages to get that info, Put it into the 1st post of this Theme, if anyone has an Answer.
So other Ones can get that Info.

THX, regards, SkyRanger
http://games.smfarcade.info/

That question has been answered many times here. The link above is for games at SMF Arcade. You'll also want to check the links here:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php/topic,4787.0.html

Quote from: FrelonVert on December 13, 2009, 07:50:53 AM
Hello,

Thank you for this great mod. I have version SMF Arcade 2.5 Beta 7 and I would translate it. Which files to edit?

Thank you

This is also in our FAQ:

http://wiki.smfarcade.info/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#I.26.23039.3Bm_missing_text_for_my_language

Skhilled

Quote from: MATTEK on December 15, 2009, 06:22:03 PM
I am still unable to upload games through the upload option in the Arcade CP. I'm using 2.0 RC2

You'll need to be a bit more exact on what is going on. Any errors in your log? Anything not showing? Have you checked to make sure that your files and directories have the correct permissions? You'll have to ask your host for the correct ones.

For everyone else:

Please read the FAQ located here:

http://wiki.smfarcade.info/SMF_Arcade/FAQ

Most of your questions have already been answered here in this topic or at SMF Arcade.

nadrojcote

I am pleased to bring you what every smf arcade user has been dreaming of.

A complete pack of games including over 1000 games in 28 categories.

Categories include:

Christmas
Find the Difference
Geography
Mario
Memory & Matching
Mouse Click
Pacman
Pinball
Poker
Pong / Tennis / Ball
Pool & Darts
Puzzle & Strategy
Random
Shooting
Simon
Slingo
Smash & Bash
Snake
Snow & Sk8
Space Invaders
Sports & Olympics
Tetris
This or That
TV & Movies
Valentines
Water Sports & Fishing
Webcam
Word & Numbers
Yetis & Penguins

I have seperated each category into folders that are less than 10mb, I had to do this to be able to install them one folder at a time on my host. Some hosts may require that you seperate them into smaller folders.

Instructions:

1. Create all the categories in your arcade admin
2. Upload the game folders to your games folder
3. Upload Gamedata folder to your arcade folder
4. Install each folder through admin>install one at a time
5. Get mad props from all your members

You can download the games here http://tdr.solohosting.org/arcadegames.zip

and you can download the gamedata files here http://tdr.solohosting.org/gamedata.zip (required to be able to save scores)

Thanks goes out to wdm from sleepys arcade for allowing me to download and make a pack out of his games. Woot!

Sun11

great for arcade forums :D

Zidane5555

Quote from: ChristmasIsPerplexing on December 15, 2009, 07:35:17 PM
Quote from: Zidane5555 on December 15, 2009, 05:57:30 PM

Ok well that's not too bad.  You just have one fail - 5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed - which is probably because of another mod you have installed.  What you can do is install the arcade mod and then manually edit that file to add the code that the package manager is failing on.  Go this page http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=36 and follow the manual instructions for smf (top right hand corner of page) Select the SMF_Arcade_2.0.18.zip and your version of SMF, then click the parse button, and scroll down the instructions until you find the edits you need to do for index.template.php.  It's about halfway down the page and there are three you have to do which is probably to make the arcade button appear on the navigation bar.  Make sure you back up all your files and DB before making any changes, and you should be ok.  It's not hard to do, don't worry.

Alright so I've just did that and my menu (the top bar) has been corrupted. I am too lazy to explain in words what exactly happened so I've jsut taken some screen shots :

So this was before :
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6590/71939791.jpg

Once I manually edited like you've said and after I clicked edit, and went back to home, this is the result :
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8224/89035021.jpg

And this is what happens when I click on the curropt Arcade button :
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7812/31669324.jpg

So please help me out here

Your help is greatly appreciated !

Chen Zhen

Zidane5555 -

Do you know how to do manual edits?

Install the SMF Arcade v2.018

If it found an error trying to edit that php file then you have to do a manual edit.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Navigate to file: / Themes / default / index.template.php

Find:

if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('admin',

Add this after the above code: (same line after the comma)

'managegames', 'arcadesettings', 'arcadecategory',

Find:

if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search',

Add this after the above code: (same line after the comma)

'arcade',

Find:

// How about the [search] button?

Add this before the above code: (create new lines before above code)

echo ($current_action == 'arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

If you still have troubles, just attach the file and I'll edit it.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Advertisement: