News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on August 02, 2010, 04:30:21 PM
I have read through about 20 pages now, still not finding what I am looking for.
I have no admin cp.
I have the arcade, its working good, everyone can see it.  The only thing I am missing is the admin cp.
Any ideas?

We need to know your version of SMF, your version of the arcade, whether or not you are using a custom theme and your forum's default language (found in Admin==> Server Settings or Admin==>  Languages).

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

GrizzlyBear

Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.11
SMF Arcade    2.0.18
SMF Default theme
English  (Not the UTF8)

Myself, as well as regular members, see and play the games.  There are permissions options for the arcade, all of which are checked for admin and global mod. 
I dloaded the arcadeadmin.php and manually added it to the default/themes/

gbsothere

In the arcade zip, these files need to be placed in /Sources:

ArcadeList.php
ArcadeInstall.php
Subs-Arcade.php
ManageGames.php
ArcadePlay.php
ArcadeSettings.php
ArcadeStats.php
Arcade.php

These files need to be placed in /Themes/default:

ArcadeAdmin.template.php
ArcadeMenu.template.php
arcade.js
Arcade.template.php
swfobject.js
ManageGames.template.php

These images in /Themes/default/images:

gold.gif
favorite2.gif
star2.gif
favorite.gif

And these files in /Themes/default/languages:

Arcade.english.php
Modifications.english.php
ArcadeAdmin.english.php

Did you use the package manager to install and if so, did you have any errors?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

GrizzlyBear

I did use the package manager to install and I got the index error.  I manually added the file to the 'theme'.  Once I did that I could see the tab.
I went through and manually installed all files to the correct areas. 
I did notice that the 'awards' mod is no longer showing up.  No a big deal since it isn't used much.

gbsothere

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on August 02, 2010, 06:29:36 PM
I did use the package manager to install and I got the index error.  I manually added the file to the 'theme'.  Once I did that I could see the tab.
I went through and manually installed all files to the correct areas. 
I did notice that the 'awards' mod is no longer showing up.  No a big deal since it isn't used much.

I'm actually surprised that it installed with the package manager, since the .xml file has <install for="1.1 - 1.1.9">. 

Did you click the radio button next to 2.0.8 on the mod's page and set the pulldown to 1.1.9 and check the parsing instructions for the files listed against your own files?  (At this time, setting it to 1.1.11 or even 1.1.10 yields a "not compatible" message but the parsing for 1.1.9 will work.)

GrizzlyBear

Quote from: gbsothere on August 02, 2010, 06:33:33 PM

I'm actually surprised that it installed with the package manager, since the .xml file has <install for="1.1 - 1.1.9">. 

Did you click the radio button next to 2.0.8 on the mod's page and set the pulldown to 1.1.9 and check the parsing instructions for the files listed against your own files?  (At this time, setting it to 1.1.11 or even 1.1.10 yields a "not compatible" message but the parsing for 1.1.9 will work.)
Your gonna have to direct me on this.  Mods page?  If you are refering to where all the dloaded mods are, there is no radial next to 2.0.8, just a button telling me it's installed.

gbsothere

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on August 02, 2010, 06:53:13 PM
Your gonna have to direct me on this.  Mods page?  If you are refering to where all the dloaded mods are, there is no radial next to 2.0.8, just a button telling me it's installed.

Sorry, the mod's page here on this site:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=36

You'll see a place to click next to 2.0.8 and then, if you set the pulldown to 1.1.9 and click "Parse" you'll be taken to the manual edits.  If you pull these files from your server and check them against the edits shown, you should discover why the admin panel isn't showing up.  I suspect Modifications.english.php but it's a good idea to check all of them.

GrizzlyBear

Thanks a billion.  The error was in the subs.php
+1 Karma for you!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on August 02, 2010, 08:38:55 PM
+1 Karma for you!

SMF does not use karma lol, but virtual karma should make gbsothere happy :P

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

gbsothere

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on August 02, 2010, 08:38:55 PM
+1 Karma for you!

Thanks!

Quote from: johncccccc on August 02, 2010, 08:39:59 PM

SMF does not use karma lol, but virtual karma should make gbsothere happy :P

Yes, I'll take what I can get.   ;)

Various Rulez

What is the Working download link them links dont work on page 1 and How do i install it on my Forum
http://www.beatthebullies.co.cc/index.php - My Site Beat The Bullies

User: x_magma_x - PM if you are intrested in Mod :)

email - [email protected]

gbsothere

Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 08:53:54 PM
What is the Working download link them links dont work on page 1 and How do i install it on my Forum

What version of SMF, Tommy?

Various Rulez

Quote from: gbsothere on August 02, 2010, 08:56:26 PM
Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 08:53:54 PM

What version of SMF, Tommy?
SMF 1.1.11

gbsothere

Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 08:58:31 PM
SMF 1.1.11

You can try to go ahead and run 2.0.8 through your package manager, Tommy, since it will parse and run on 1.1.11.  If you get an error, let me know.  The .xml file may have to be edited, but download the zip, go to Admin--> Packages--> Download Packages then browse to the zip and upload it.  Then click Install and let's see what happens.  If you get an error, let me know before you continue.

Various Rulez

Quote from: gbsothere on August 02, 2010, 09:00:43 PM
Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 08:58:31 PM
SMF 1.1.11

You can try to go ahead and run 2.0.8 through your package manager, Tommy, since it will parse and run on 1.1.11.  If you get an error, let me know.  The .xml file may have to be edited, but download the zip, go to Admin--> Packages--> Download Packages then browse to the zip and upload it.  Then click Install and let's see what happens.  If you get an error, let me know before you continue.
What is the link for download or what zip file??

gbsothere

Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 09:02:40 PM

Here's the link and it's the first zip 2.0.8.

Various Rulez

Quote from: gbsothere on August 02, 2010, 09:03:42 PM
Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 09:02:40 PM

Here's the link and it's the first zip 2.0.8.

I click this :: import games and scores and i get this :: Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

gbsothere

Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 09:07:05 PM

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I think we're misunderstanding each other, Tommy.   :)

Are you telling me that you already have the arcade installed and are trying to get games?  I thought that you were asking me earlier how to install the arcade.  No?

Various Rulez

Quote from: gbsothere on August 02, 2010, 09:09:36 PM
Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 09:07:05 PM

I think we're misunderstanding each other, Tommy.   :)

Are you telling me that you already have the arcade installed and are trying to get games?  I thought that you were asking me earlier how to install the arcade.  No?

I was it installed fine and everything thanks to you but i get that error whY?

gbsothere

Quote from: Tommy24 on August 02, 2010, 09:12:18 PM
I was it installed fine and everything thanks to you but i get that error whY?

Oh, I understand, now.  Okay.  Once the mod is installed and you have gone to your admin area and enabled it (and you'll also have to go to each membergroup's permissions to allow them to access it), then you'll want to get games.  The easiest way to start is to go here:

http://games.smfarcade.info/

where you can click on Game Packs or download individual games.  You'll need to register.  These games come in zips so when you download them, you'll go to Admin-->  Arcade Admin--> Games and click the Install tab.  At the bottom of that page, you will browse to your game zip, upload it and install it. 

Now...

You can't upload any games with extensions other that .zip (such as .tar, which are v32 games) until you first apply Jeza's arcade skin.  You can get that zip here (at the bottom of the post on this thread) and install it with your package manager just like any mod:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4217.msg25933#msg25933

v32 games require that you create a directory in your forum's root called:  arcade (small case) and inside that folder, another folder called:  gamedata  (small case).

To learn where you can get other games, try this link:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4787.0

Advertisement: