News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOS ChromeNut

I tried to load the arcade on my new forums, onto a freshly loaded version 1.0.3 of SMF.  It blew away my index.php file and came up as version 1.0.2 after the mod. 

Anyone know is this supposed to be compatible with 1.0.3 and going forward, will it be compatible with 1.1??  ???

Harro

What does the "Force update champions" do exactly?

nokonium

Quote from: Niko on May 25, 2005, 09:03:59 AM
Smf arcade 1.2 seems to have few bugs...

But they don't want bug reports on SMF Games, they want them posted off site. If you post and say the buck stops at SMFGAMES, they ban you.

I am not prepared to use a supposedly secure site with an a invalid certificate. I will not accept an unknown issuer for a secure certificate so I am unable to make any bug reports there. When you click on the link to the site to report bugs, then a security warning pops up - unknown issuer for secure certificate

Why can't bugs be reported in what I assumed was the Arcade support forum, rather than offsite, where it looks like they are being hidden.

Surely it's better for everybody to see what problems others are experiencing and together find cures.

johnm

Quote from: nokonium on May 30, 2005, 03:27:34 PM
Quote from: Niko on May 25, 2005, 09:03:59 AM
Smf arcade 1.2 seems to have few bugs...

But they don't want bug reports on SMF Games, they want them posted off site. If you post and say the buck stops at SMFGAMES, they ban you.

I am not prepared to use a supposedly secure site with an a invalid certificate. I will not accept an unknown issuer for a secure certificate so I am unable to make any bug reports there. When you click on the link to the site to report bugs, then a security warning pops up - unknown issuer for secure certificate

Why can't bugs be reported in what I assumed was the Arcade support forum, rather than offsite, where it looks like they are being hidden.

Surely it's better for everybody to see what problems others are experiencing and together find cures.

you were banned because you violated our site policy by being abusive to one of the staff there
wether this would have been towards a member of staff or a member you would have still been banned.

for the record you post is still where it was so the other members can see.
its not that we dont want bugs reported its simply easier for niko.

i also gave you the option to appolagise for your behaviour and your ban would be lifted after a cooling off period of 3 days.

just to be clear you was not banned for voicing your opinion you were banned for being offensive/abusive.

the balls in your court...

redone

If you break forum rules then you get what you asked for. Bugs are posted at SMFgames all the time. Bottomline is simply no one has anything to hide.

;)

caNcer_b0y

Harumph! :P  I know for a fact that bugs get submitted, and solved. as has already been stated.
My Forum [nofollow]

crazystu

If it wasn't for bug reports, then we would have a pretty bad arcade ;)

nokonium

Quote from: johnm on May 30, 2005, 06:27:57 PM
the balls in your court...

No it is in yours, my e-mail got bounced, which is why I posted in here. And I am not prepared to use a supposedly secure site with an a invalid certificate.

nokonium

1.2RP Bug report

6 pages of arcade errors in the error log when installed, another 6 when 'installed' again, It does not show up as installed in the Package manager. You cannot add new games.

nokonium

Quote from: nesianstyles on May 30, 2005, 11:29:58 PM

Without the bugs it would be better. Bloc withdrew one of his beta mods because he was concerned about the problems with it and it is now only being released to beta testers until it is stable.

Arcade could do with more beta testing before a new version is released.

rider

Quote from: nokonium on May 31, 2005, 02:33:14 AM
Quote from: nesianstyles on May 30, 2005, 11:29:58 PM

Without the bugs it would be better. Bloc withdrew one of his beta mods because he was concerned about the problems with it and it is now only being released to beta testers until it is stable.

Arcade could do with more beta testing before a new version is released.

Everything would be better without the bugs.LOL.Until the bugs are worked  just use 1.1.3.As for the invalid cert.As far as I know it is valid.You don't have any sercurity issues to be worried about at smfgames anyways.

nokonium

Quote from: rider on May 31, 2005, 12:36:58 PM
Until the bugs are worked  just use 1.1.3

That was until it was repacked, 1.2RP has been repacked, that is what RP stands for  ::)

QuoteAs for the invalid cert.As far as I know it is valid.

AFAIK my browser knows better than I do on this subject so I believe it.

rider

Quote from: nokonium on May 31, 2005, 01:08:21 PM
Quote from: rider on May 31, 2005, 12:36:58 PM
Until the bugs are worked  just use 1.1.3

That was until it was repacked, 1.2RP has been repacked, that is what RP stands for  ::)

No kidding.Well I guess the bugs have not been worked out,so just use 1.1.3 until fixed.

QuoteAs for the invalid cert.As far as I know it is valid.

AFAIK my browser knows better than I do on this subject so I believe it.

Believe what you want.With or without the cert.There are no security issue with the site.

niko

You can also post to smfgames forum...
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

johnm

rider dont bother hes just trying to cause trouble

redone

My arcade works just fine thanks!  ;D

nokonium

Quote from: Niko on May 31, 2005, 03:45:15 PM
You can also post to smfgames forum...

Do I want to post in SMF Games? Yes I do, I have a forum that is running Arcade, it is a popular feature and I have some bug problems that need to be resolved. However I cannot post there because I and my IP have been banned without any warning, for saying it as I saw it. I did not call anyone an idiot or worse, I did not excercise the swear filter. I am a blunt speaker and will continue to be.

FYI I have a screenshot of the security message.

AlexHobbs

Hey, firstly great arcade - old version works but i tried to install version 1.1.3 and once it was installed and everything i click on the arcade button on index.php and it comes up with
An Error Has Occurred!
2: call_user_func(ArcadeAdmin): First argument is expected to be a valid callback
File: /home2/wide/public_html/forum/index.php
Line: 119

If anyone could help with this i would be extremely grateful.
If it dosent work is their a way to add catagorys on the old version?

niko

make sure you have upload ArcadeAdmin.php and others
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

AlexHobbs

Quote from: Niko on June 01, 2005, 09:21:25 AM
make sure you have upload ArcadeAdmin.php and others
Does that mean i also have to upload arcade.xml and the other .xml?

Advertisement: