News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fwitt

Quote from: Ozzie on November 02, 2011, 06:33:59 AM
thats probably due to missing image files check your default theme/images and see if arc_icons folder is there and the contents match you original arc_icons folder (the one from your opened  arcade tar....

soz for jumping in fwitt

No Probs Ozzie help away.

I think the easiest fix will be to copy the missing arcade images from the default theme image directory into his custom themes image directory.

mudskipper

thats probably due to missing image files check your default theme/images and see if arc_icons folder is there and the contents match you original arc_icons folder (the one from your opened  arcade tar....

soz for jumping in fwitt

Ok, I looked in both the default and custom and there is no ar_icons folder/file.  The only thing there is an icon folder/file and they match each other.

Biology Forums

Excellent mod and a great way to earn traffic to your site. Thank you!

lurkalot

Quote from: mudskipper on November 03, 2011, 07:48:47 AM

soz for jumping in fwitt

Ok, I looked in both the default and custom and there is no ar_icons folder/file.  The only thing there is an icon folder/file and they match each other.

Right click on the missing images and view properties for each one.  That'll show what the images are called, and where they should be in your themes and in what directory.  Then copy them to the correct places.  It's quite common for images like  "star2.gif"  "favorite.gif" etc to be missing from your custom themes images folder.

You only have to look at smfacades site to see what I mean.  http://smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?action=arcade You can bet no one looked at it in IE, as firefox etc won't show the missing images.  Tip, always check your sites with IE, see it does have a purpose. ;)

smartblogz

Hi good people,
I recently installed SMF arcade mod SMF_Arcade-2.5_RC2 on my test site. SMF v 2.0.1 (no mods installed at all) but it went kaboom. 

Error 404 : No Page Found!

How can I get back on the site cos at the moment, I can't!

Anyone with suggestion on how to fix this? Thanks.

fwitt

Quote from: lurkalot on November 04, 2011, 04:39:49 AM

soz for jumping in fwitt

Right click on the missing images and view properties for each one.  That'll show what the images are called, and where they should be in your themes and in what directory.  Then copy them to the correct places.  It's quite common for images like  "star2.gif"  "favorite.gif" etc to be missing from your custom themes images folder.

You only have to look at smfacades site to see what I mean.  http://smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?action=arcade You can bet no one looked at it in IE, as firefox etc won't show the missing images.  Tip, always check your sites with IE, see it does have a purpose. ;)

had forgotten to look since the last theme change, if I remember I'll sort it tomorrow.

mudskipper

Quote from: lurkalot on November 04, 2011, 04:39:49 AM

soz for jumping in fwitt

Ok, that works to tell me which ones I am missing.  The ones I am missing are

arcade_favorites.gif
arcade_random.gif
favorite.gif
arcade_play.gif
arcade_viewscore.gif

However, I dont know how to write the code to add them to have the pictures.  I also went back and looked in the default theme and they arent in there either.

Mike

Ozzie

here are the fav images the play,viewscore and random are not images they are just text links ..........well they are on mine  :laugh:

2000+ games available to download

mudskipper

Quote from: Ozzie on November 10, 2011, 08:28:07 AM
here are the fav images the play,viewscore and random are not images they are just text links ..........well they are on mine  :laugh:

Could you copy the text and shoot it to me please.

lurkalot

Quote from: mudskipper on November 10, 2011, 02:41:22 PM

Could you copy the text and shoot it to me please.

PM me with a link to your arcade please.  I'll check it out.

T3CHN0

Quote from: smartblogz on November 11, 2011, 06:21:24 AM
But seriously guys...can anyone help with this

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.msg3200612#msg3200612
If you know how to FTP, use the mods parser to go over the install and reverse the order of the install.
you must have installed with error's, if kaboom with custom theme then search the community boards for
a file called repair_settings.php and that will help you get your forum back running with default theme.

I use this mod for a few years now from SMF RC3 right up to now on 2.0.1 and works good.
there must have been errors on your install for it not to work, or your host is blocking edits.

But the easiest way is just to copy a fresh 2.0.1 install over the top of all your current files
but don't replace settings.php is this points at your data base..

smartblogz

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 11, 2011, 06:42:43 AM
Quote from: smartblogz on November 11, 2011, 06:21:24 AM
But seriously guys...can anyone help with this

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.msg3200612#msg3200612
If you know how to FTP, use the mods parser to go over the install and reverse the order of the install.
you must have installed with error's, if kaboom with custom theme then search the community boards for
a file called repair_settings.php and that will help you get your forum back running with default theme.

I use this mod for a few years now from SMF RC3 right up to now on 2.0.1 and works good.
there must have been errors on your install for it not to work, or your host is blocking edits.

But the easiest way is just to copy a fresh 2.0.1 install over the top of all your current files
but don't replace settings.php is this points at your data base..
Hi and thanks for the reply.
No, there was no error at all during installation. It installed and then immediately shows the error
Error page cannot be found.
Anyways, I will try the parsing method via ftp.

T3CHN0

I don't know if this will help you nor do I remember where I downloaded it from
but I use this one, It's been updated from the one in this thread and works
well on my 2.0.1. you might have to emulate it? I can't remember.
was 2 months ago when I installed it.
Cheers

smartblogz

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 14, 2011, 06:42:17 PM
Cheers
Thanks man,
This should definitely work. I'm sure. ...brb

update: heck, i spoke too soon. I tried again on my test site and it got this stage (see attached)
and then I click install and kaboom. Error! page cannot be found and then defaults to my main site. but still I cannot access the testsite.

What else can I do?

T3CHN0

if you can't get your test site to work just replace all files from the install download 2.0.1 with a fresh copy
but do not replace the \Settings.php as this links to your data base.
I sent you a PM as well for site URL

also you can test this mod games by going to my site http://www.aussierampage.com/smf/index.php?action=arcade
and see the mod in action..

smartblogz

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 15, 2011, 10:25:32 AM

if you can't get your test site to work just replace all files from the install download 2.0.1 with a fresh copy
but do not replace the \Settings.php as this links to your data base.
I sent you a PM as well for site URL

also you can test this mod games by going to my site http://www.aussierampage.com/smf/index.php?action=arcade
and see the mod in action..
Got your PM and have replied.
Thanks a lot!

Shades.

I'm trying to install this on a new 2.0.1 install but am getting the error when clicking on arcade:
QuoteIllegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /home/*****/public_html/mysite/Sources/ArcadeList.php
Line: 168
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

PocketChange

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 14, 2011, 06:42:17 PM
Cheers

I installed this updated MOD on my test site, and all went well, working good!  The problem is that when I tried to install on my actual site (which is a mirror), I get an error that says that the Package directory permissions are not writable, which they are!

I read elsewhere, that I needed to add a /temp folder to the Packages directory, which I did.  This got me past the 1st error, but then I get a fatal error as below....

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/......./public_html/forum/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/......./public_html/forum/Sources/Packages.php on line 938

I extracted the "arcadeinstall" folder from the zip archive, and uploaded to the /temp directory.  It contained the Database.php as in the error above.

I then tried to install again, and everything seemed to go smooth, and said install successful!  HOWEVER...  Nothing installed, and there are no signs of the MOD files anywhere, but when I look at installed MODs, it shows that it is installed!  I cannot do an uninstall, because there are no files to uninstall, so get Test-Failed for all files....

Any Ideas, Please?

smitch6

i deleted this from my forum as i just couldn't get it to work properly
some of the games worked some didn't
some saved the scores and some didn't

i got fed up with getting loads of emails off my users saying they keep getting an error

it's a pity cos this is a great and fun mod for my users
hopefully the owner can sort it out so it works properly :) plsssss
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

Advertisement: