News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shroomin

Quote from: Col on August 12, 2005, 06:01:41 PM
I'm getting 1000's of these errors in the logs. Everything appears fine, both with the forum, and the games.

8: Undefined variable: i
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/community/Sources/Display.php
Line: 551
?topic=477.0

What's the problem?

Thanks.

I have been getting this also... Been searching everywhere for a fix with no luck. I also get

Undefinded variable: Game

tentronik

Which version you are using and where did you downloaded it?

Aravot

Quote from: tentronik on August 12, 2005, 05:42:39 PM
Where did you downloaded the 1.2.3 ?
The error log is in admin panel -> forum error log

I downloaded yesterday from here SMF mod section, don't have any errors related to arcade but than again nobody has played any games yet

shroomin

Quote from: tentronik on August 12, 2005, 07:22:48 PM
Which version you are using and where did you downloaded it?

Current SMF version: SMF 1.0.5
SMFArcade: 1.2.1
I downloaded it through the package manager link.

*edit* I would just try 1.2.2 since it was released recently, but the DL link for it is broken, so a fix for this, or a link to 1.2.2(or 3 whatevers latest atm) that works would be much appreciated.

tentronik

Current SMF version: SMF 1.0.5
SMFArcade: 1.2.1

Not sure but i think 1.0.5 needs 1.1.3 arcade mod :) ?

1948Pal

When I click on the latest release of this mod to download, I get taken to a white blank screen and nothing happens. Is anyone having the same thing?
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

Anihc

yeah same problem here, I mentioned it a few posts back along with a few others.

Can anyone that has 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 post a link to their packages folder until someone can fix the links please? I really would like to get this installed.

Col

Quote from: Anihc on August 13, 2005, 01:23:02 AM
yeah same problem here, I mentioned it a few posts back along with a few others.

Can anyone that has 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 post a link to their packages folder until someone can fix the links please? I really would like to get this installed.

Available for download for a few days from here.

Uknown posted the easy fix for now, 'Well, you can probably comment out the line since it's clearly not doing what it should...'.

Works for me! :D

tentronik

Thank You!

I just installed the mod and all template related files didnt got installed so i opend the arcade.xml and changed them manually.
Now all seems to work.

I wonder about the arcade2.xml what is the diffrence?

Col

Update: I've had to comment out the whole block. There were at least two other errors being generated by that code. I've about 25,000 errors generated by that block of code in the past two days, and that's just with my account. I guess I should have done that anyway. I was wondering why championship titles weren't being displayed, not that I wanted them. :D

I will have to check just how much space all the errors are taking up. It must be huge when I take it across the whole membership! :(

trenchteam

So Im using 1.05 of SMF.  Can I uninstall Arcade 1.13 then install 1.2.3  Will it work on SMF 1.05? ???

DemonicInfluence

I don't think so...

Col

Quote from: Col on August 13, 2005, 09:56:38 AMI will have to check just how much space all the errors are taking up. It must be huge when I take it across the whole membership! :(

I've checked, and errors account for 32MB of space, and most of that was generated in a little over 24 hours. That would use up all my disc space resources within a month. Anyone using this (version 1.2.3) should comment out or remove the code that the arcade mod adds to display.php if you don't want run out of resources!

I don't know if this problem exists in other versions of the arcade, but commenting out does stop all the errors.

Trenchteam, apart from this issue, 1.2.3 works with 1.0.5. My members are loving it.

DemonicInfluence

in 1.1 there are no errors...

tentronik

What you mean with commenting out?
When yoiu get the error?

Which error, please post hall message.

Cheetah!

Anihc

I just installed 1.2.3 on my 1.1b3 forum and well.....

1. I had to manually change the files as Niko has stated they may not update using package manager.
2. I had to upload the g3tid3 folder as it also did not install (along with various package files most but not all).
3. Now I have it installed but it don't do nuttin!

A. If I click the games link it takes me to the exact page as the arcade link in the admin panel. (and you must be logged in to     
    get to either.
B. There is no arcade admin panel to speak of, both links takes you to a news page that has the following info:

Arcade
| | | | |  <-this appears to be where I would hit the links for the various pages of games.
SMFArcade 1.2.3 Released @ August 10, 2005, 11:15:17 AM
First bad news - school is gonna start next week so there wont be large releases soon... i hope you understand
This wont mean that there wont be any, but i dont have much time to do...

New version can be dled from here.
I hope this works better than prevovious releases.

See ya
By: niko
Read
Mkarcade - release @ August 10, 2005, 01:05:28 AM

Champions @ August 04, 2005, 10:22:43 AM

MKarcade @ August 04, 2005, 10:20:51 AM

MkArcade Beta1 @ July 27, 2005, 01:10:49 AM

Live support when available @ July 19, 2005, 02:36:44 AM

Theme changed @ July 19, 2005, 02:29:46 AM

My Absence @ July 13, 2005, 08:53:05 PM

Java/css Menu added @ July 11, 2005, 10:51:14 PM

Support system upgraded @ July 07, 2005, 02:43:29 PM

And users get this error:
An Error Has Occurred!

Arcade Have Been Disabled Automatically before performing update

and yes I ran the sql file:
SMF Arcade Install & Update tool
Install
Checking database differences
Connected and Selected Database
Finding tables... 72 tables in database

Updating champions table
All queries done, there were no errors

I am at a total loss as to what to do now  :'(
www.thinkingblock.com/smf

nokonium

Personally I'm doing diddly squat until this thread ceases to be one of the most active SMF threads.

niko

Quote from: Anihc on August 13, 2005, 02:04:55 PM
I just installed 1.2.3 on my 1.1b3 forum and well.....

1. I had to manually change the files as Niko has stated they may not update using package manager.
2. I had to upload the g3tid3 folder as it also did not install (along with various package files most but not all).
3. Now I have it installed but it don't do nuttin!

A. If I click the games link it takes me to the exact page as the arcade link in the admin panel. (and you must be logged in to     
    get to either.
B. There is no arcade admin panel to speak of, both links takes you to a news page that has the following info:

Arcade
| | | | |  <-this appears to be where I would hit the links for the various pages of games.
SMFArcade 1.2.3 Released @ August 10, 2005, 11:15:17 AM
First bad news - school is gonna start next week so there wont be large releases soon... i hope you understand
This wont mean that there wont be any, but i dont have much time to do...

New version can be dled from here.
I hope this works better than prevovious releases.

See ya
By: niko
Read
Mkarcade - release @ August 10, 2005, 01:05:28 AM

Champions @ August 04, 2005, 10:22:43 AM

MKarcade @ August 04, 2005, 10:20:51 AM

MkArcade Beta1 @ July 27, 2005, 01:10:49 AM

Live support when available @ July 19, 2005, 02:36:44 AM

Theme changed @ July 19, 2005, 02:29:46 AM

My Absence @ July 13, 2005, 08:53:05 PM

Java/css Menu added @ July 11, 2005, 10:51:14 PM

Support system upgraded @ July 07, 2005, 02:43:29 PM

And users get this error:
An Error Has Occurred!

Arcade Have Been Disabled Automatically before performing update

and yes I ran the sql file:
SMF Arcade Install & Update tool
Install
Checking database differences
Connected and Selected Database
Finding tables... 72 tables in database

Updating champions table
All queries done, there were no errors

I am at a total loss as to what to do now  :'(
www.thinkingblock.com/smf

You need to enable it from arcade admin
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Anihc

yeah seems the problem was I could not get access to all of the admin section lol. I fiddled some more and walla!!!!

Ok so all in all package installer does not work so well with it but I was able to get it working. I uninstalled it via package installer then re-installed it once more, THEN I manually went in and uploaded some of the files again.

My suggestion is to just avoid package installer all together for this, I was really not that hard to follow the arcade2.xml for the 1.1b3 install. And it would have saved me a bunch of time messing with it all like I did.

nice to know this does work with 1.1b3 now :)

Hey Niko did you fix the link in the mod to the correct versions by chance? nm I just checked it and looks like you did :)

tentronik

@Niko
What is the diffrence of arcade.xml and arcade2.xml?
Sorry if this got answered somewhere else already.

Btw i really liek this mod its sisu!

Advertisement: