News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilemick

Ahhh.  Ok m8 i now have a games button,  But i click on it and it doesnt go anywhere. ??  what do i point it to.  or shall i run the installer again. :)

Determined to ge this arcade working  lol

thanks
Mick

Mobilemick

Yeah trenchteam  i tried that and it just took me back to my index page...??

:)

Mick

Mobilemick

A little more progress :)

Now when i click on Games icon it takes me to this page :- http://www.mobilemick.com/smf2/index.php?action=arcade

I get a error

Mick

(Test account

user - test
pass - test

Aravot

Go to arcade Admin --> Arcade settings and enable arcade

Mobilemick

When i do goto admin panel , and try to install game i get :-
Quote2: arcadeadmin_games(./getid3/getid3.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /home/mick/domains/mobilemick.com/public_html/smf2/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 916

?

Thx
Mick

zhoushi

Seems someone forgot several $boarddir in the files arcade2.xml and arcade.xml
e.g. <file name="index.php"> should be <file name="$boarddir/index.php">

Mobilemick

Quote2: smf_main(/home/mick/domains/mobilemick.com/public_html/smf2/Sources/Arcade.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /home/mick/domains/mobilemick.com/public_html/smf2/index.php
Line: 320

More Problems...  If i edit display.template.php (as per instructions in ReadMe) i get this error when clicking on Games tab.  also when i click on a subject in forum, i get a template error, if i restore backup of display.template.php all me links work again, but error message still there.  :)

Thanks
Mick

johnm

check that that file exists and if it does chmod it to 0777

Mobilemick

Haaa...!!!  Arcade.php was missing  Doh!!  8) (i was looking at index.php.

Ok now problems installing games   lol

:(

Mick

rider

Quote from: Mobilemick on September 02, 2005, 10:59:42 AM
Haaa...!!!  Arcade.php was missing  Doh!!  8) (i was looking at index.php.

Ok now problems installing games   lol

Mick

To install the games you have to put them in the games folder in your ftp and install them thru your admin panel on your site.Also you have to set your permissions for each member group in order for them to view the arcade.The games can be D/L from the smfgames.com site.

Mobilemick

mobilemick.com/public_html/smf2/Games ..   think i had to create Games Folder.

is this the right place

why does the error message say
mobilemick.com/public_html/smf2/Sources/Arcade.php

?

Thanks
Mick

rider

Quote from: Mobilemick on September 02, 2005, 12:27:14 PM
mobilemick.com/public_html/smf2/Games ..   think i had to create Games Folder.

is this the right place

why does the error message say
mobilemick.com/public_html/smf2/Sources/Arcade.php

?

Thanks
Mick

Yup thats the right folder and when are you getting that error message?

Mobilemick

Ok  Fixed now,  had to uploade .get  file as well,

Thanks everyone who replied or thought about replying.

Mick

Maybe i`ll make a IDIOTS guide on how to install this Arcade Mod  :)

Mick

CODude

rider, I figure that you've been busy, but I still haven't been able to have my arcade work. the url I set in my pm, remember?

rider

Quote from: CODude on September 02, 2005, 07:12:52 PM
rider, I figure that you've been busy, but I still haven't been able to have my arcade work. the url I set in my pm, remember?

Sorry for the late response,I've been busy.I think the problem is you need to have a italian langauge file to make it work.I tried to change it so I can view the site in english but I can't.i know someone on the arcade support site is working on doing a translation for italian lang.php for the arcade.Hopefully soon so we can get it working.Hang in there we'll get it working.

Jazhawk

ooooo scary.  I got most of this to work.  Looking back it really wasn't too hard to do.  Now I need some games a little bit better than pong, donkey kong and jewels.

Good job guys.  Any links to some games would be appreciated too!   :D

-Jazhawk

diane_tt

Quote from: Mobilemick on September 02, 2005, 03:28:01 PM
Ok  Fixed now,  had to uploade .get  file as well,

Thanks everyone who replied or thought about replying.

Mick

Maybe i`ll make a IDIOTS guide on how to install this Arcade Mod  :)

Mick

yes please, dummy here   :-[ i'd greatly appreciate that

i'm running 1.0.5, been searching for smf arcade 1.1 with no luck...could i please have it? thank you!

diane_tt

Quote from: Bigguy on August 17, 2005, 03:56:48 PM
Ok I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten the arcade installed. I renamed the table "smf_games_caterogy" to "smf_games_category" that took care of the problem I was having with the error message telling me that "smf_games_category doesn`t exist" I was also getting an error in package manager about if failing to execute a modification in display.template.php I think it was. I gnored that warning when installing. It seems to be working now, just going to try installing some games. Hope this helped someone.

definitely lost....someone please help me? how do i rename a table?

Jazhawk

Quote from: diane_tt on September 02, 2005, 09:20:01 PM
Quote from: Bigguy on August 17, 2005, 03:56:48 PM
Ok I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten the arcade installed. I renamed the table "smf_games_caterogy" to "smf_games_category" that took care of the problem I was having with the error message telling me that "smf_games_category doesn`t exist" I was also getting an error in package manager about if failing to execute a modification in display.template.php I think it was. I gnored that warning when installing. It seems to be working now, just going to try installing some games. Hope this helped someone.

definitely lost....someone please help me? how do i rename a table?

Their maybe a simpler way but head into MySQL and find the games table.  Probably called whatever your board name is, i.e. boardname_games_catagory.  But it will be misspelled catergory or whatever it was.

Click the button on that line called "Structure".

Then on top, click the "operations" link.

Find the label named Rename table to:

and enter the name you need.  Then click GO.

It's what worked in my case.

-Jazhawk

Advertisement: