News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

For the latest version of the arcade please use the download page/links from SMF Arcade.

ref. http://smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?page=download

The main package should install on SMF 2.0.3.. the installer for it should work for any future updates of SMF 2.0x without using emulation (range of possible versions in xml install).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

crustybum

Quote from: FrizzleFried on January 22, 2013, 11:39:28 AM
I take it you've attempted to emulate the last version it's reporting compatible with,  right?

If not,  you might want to give that a try.  It's been a while since I installed it but it installed in to 2.0.2 with out much issue... and when I upgraded to 2.0.3 I had no issues...

Still waiting for conformation...

crustybum

Where do i "emulate" ::)

FrizzleFried

Quote from: crustybum on January 24, 2013, 05:47:40 AM
Where do i "emulate" ::)

Click the button at the bottom right of the Package Manager screen titled "ADVANCED".

Which brings me to two questions actually.

(1) Why in the heck did the folks in charge require us to jump through these hoops... why the version limitation anyway (I can see maybe a version check between 1 and 2)...
(2) WHY in the heck didn't the folks in charge label that button "ADVANCED/EMULATION" or something to that effect.

I'd bet the #1 problem related to mods that people inquire about here has the same answer... "emulate"...  right?

Arantor

Quote(1) Why in the heck did the folks in charge require us to jump through these hoops... why the version limitation anyway (I can see maybe a version check between 1 and 2)...

Because the way the package manager works, it relies on doing find/replace, which can change between versions. Sometimes something from 1.1.8 won't work on 1.1.9 so for a mod to work on both, it has to specify instructions separately for 1.1.8 and 1.1.9 - or conversely specifying instructions for 1.1.x as well as instructions for 2.0. This version check is precisely how it knows what to do.

Quote(2) WHY in the heck didn't the folks in charge label that button "ADVANCED/EMULATION" or something to that effect.

Be grateful you even got a UI :P 1.1.x forced you to manually enter a change to the URL until I wrote a mod to make it slightly easier (though that confuses people too)

Actually I'd suggest leaving it at Advanced, because people who don't understand what it does shouldn't really be using it, and I've never liked the way it's touted as a general fix to everything, as opposed to mod authors cleaning up mods.

crustybum

Started to get excited...seemed to install (emulated it to 2.02) then at the end got this.
Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key
File: /home/content/b/r/u//html/forum/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php
Line: 120

Anyone?

Chen Zhen

My apologies as I was previously in error. I had put in a pull request for the package.info file to be configured to install for future SMF version updates & it was applied to what I thought was the RC2 version but it was for 2.6 Alpha?!
ref. https://github.com/SMF-Arcade/SMF-Arcade/blob/master/package-info.xml

The package.info file for version RC2 has now been updated & is available on the download page that I previously linked.

Quote from: crustybum on January 24, 2013, 11:47:21 AM
Started to get excited...seemed to install (emulated it to 2.02) then at the end got this.
Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key
File: /home/content/b/r/u//html/forum/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php
Line: 120

Anyone?

Imo use the purge tool from here: http://smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=7646.0
It does not matter if you had any previous arcade version installed. The tool simply ensures all db data for any arcade tables (SMF Arcade or E-Arcade) are deleted. Afterward you should be able to install the arcade without issue.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

crustybum

cheers...if i install this purge tool....whats the worst it could do to my forum? ::)

crustybum

Took the plunge and all working!! Cheers Underdog and all that helped ;)

TheRealityBuzz

I believe my site is using an outdated Arcade. I'm looking into updating it, but will be loose our games if we do?  My members will eat me alive if we loose our games lol, and considering how many we have I don't want to have re put them all up.

Another question, our categories seem to disapear. They always come back but sometimes one is gone. Is it because its an outdated arcade or is it because we have too many categories?

humbleworld

I attempted to install the MOD but it says the file is either corrupt or not compatible with current SMF version. I'm using 2.0.3. How to fix this? Thank you.

lurkalot

Quote from: humbleworld on February 01, 2013, 12:58:52 PM
I attempted to install the MOD but it says the file is either corrupt or not compatible with current SMF version. I'm using 2.0.3. How to fix this? Thank you.

Quote from: -Underdog- on January 23, 2013, 10:44:00 PM

For the latest version of the arcade please use the download page/links from SMF Arcade.

The main package should install on SMF 2.0.3.. the installer for it should work for any future updates of SMF 2.0x without using emulation (range of possible versions in xml install).

TheRealityBuzz

Quote from: lurkalot on February 01, 2013, 02:01:11 PM
Quote from: humbleworld on February 01, 2013, 12:58:52 PM

Quote from: -Underdog- on January 23, 2013, 10:44:00 PM

I'm  getting that message as  well, and I was downloading from the link you provided.

humbleworld

lurkalot, i downloaded the MOD from that link. But the MOD does not install on SMF 2.0.3.

bud01100

Underdog... Whats up with your site?

http://smfarcade.info/forum/

QuoteStrict Standards: require() [function.require]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/smfarcad/public_html/forum/cache/data_cbcebd23e1834d48d4a6e68df7023817-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/smfarcad/public_html/forum/cache/data_cbcebd23e1834d48d4a6e68df7023817-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

Strict Standards: require() [function.require]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/smfarcad/public_html/forum/cache/data_cbcebd23e1834d48d4a6e68df7023817-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/smfarcad/public_html/forum/cache/data_cbcebd23e1834d48d4a6e68df7023817-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

Itch™

For anyone's info: just installed 2.5 RC2 on SMF 2.04 along with a bunch of other mods and it works like a charm! Try it!

http://gatherforums.606h.net

Test account:
username: testuser
password: testing

flamechica

How do I get a hold of the people over at the SMF Arcade Website? I was trying to register for an account to their website so I could download the Mochi Media Hack & I got an error message when I submitted my request. SO, I went back & redid it & then I got a message saying I am banned & now I can't see anything on their website!!! There is no way to contact them that I can see. Anyone know how? I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Itch™

Same here, no clue what happened.

lurkalot

Quote from: flamechica on March 04, 2013, 04:00:54 AM
How do I get a hold of the people over at the SMF Arcade Website? I was trying to register for an account to their website so I could download the Mochi Media Hack & I got an error message when I submitted my request. SO, I went back & redid it & then I got a message saying I am banned & now I can't see anything on their website!!! There is no way to contact them that I can see. Anyone know how? I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Haven't a clue what's happening over there, I get told nothing.  But there's 67 pages of banned members for March 2013 so far, I suspect the anti spam has thrown a wobbly. 

PM me your username over there, and I'll see if I can approve it.

elf_fu

Good morning!

I realize that there has not been a post here since March, but I am wondering if someone here can help me.

I am getting hundreds of error reports a day after installing this mod (the new version offered from the official site) on my 2.0.4 forum. The install itself went without a hitch, but the sheer amount of errors that happen are enough to slow my site down if I don't clear the logs daily. We have less than 40 people on the site and I don't think this is normal, LOL.

The hundreds or errors I am getting are:

8: Undefined index: is_shareable
/home/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1439

Does anyone know how I may fix this? Without having to disable error reporting? Thank you!

GR

Advertisement: