News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkServer

I cant install the game
im trying to install new game but dunno how to fill in the fields

niko

If you have problems you should check and reupload all things

Quote from: ArkServer on December 01, 2005, 02:27:34 PM
I cant install the game
im trying to install new game but dunno how to fill in the fields

Game name and Description for it... bgcolor and size should be auto-detected if then check that getid3 is uploaded and swf is valid
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

digiSal

Reuploading the Theme  Files fixed it for me! and also it fixed my inability to move games into catergories and the admin is loading up quicker for me now!

thanks Niko!

Quote from: houston on December 01, 2005, 11:54:12 AM
I get the same error as DigiSal

Unable to load the 'ArcadeAdmin_above' template.

After copying over the original source files and running the arcade install.php file.

Any suggestions. The arcadeadmin.php file size on my server is not zeroed out.

houston

Quote from: digiSal on December 01, 2005, 05:21:46 PM
Reuploading the Theme  Files fixed it for me! and also it fixed my inability to move games into catergories and the admin is loading up quicker for me now!

thanks Niko!

Quote from: houston on December 01, 2005, 11:54:12 AM
I get the same error as DigiSal

Unable to load the 'ArcadeAdmin_above' template.

After copying over the original source files and running the arcade install.php file.

Any suggestions. The arcadeadmin.php file size on my server is not zeroed out.

That was the trick.

Thanks

RoarinRow

Any idea how I can fix this issue:

8: Undefined index: top10
File: /forum/Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php (eval?)
Line: 219

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Prasad007

Quote from: RoarinRow on December 02, 2005, 01:35:57 AM
Any idea how I can fix this issue:

8: Undefined index: top10
File: /forum/Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php (eval?)
Line: 219
yes i get that too!
any help please!!?

Nurdle

I'm having trouble getting the games to run using Firefox v1.5 and also version v1.0.7. I'm using SMF v1.1 RC1 and SMF Arcade v1.2.4 . Oh yeah it runs fine with I.E.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Nurdle

niko

1.2.4b is now avaible... uploading Sources directory will be enough

Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)

niko

You have wrong games url

digiSal

is there something we can do about the Play in Popup? when the game ends it redirects to the submit high score within the same small window. it would be cool if it closed and redirected to the submit highschore page, OR, if there was a submit score page that fit into that small window. Maybe ill post this in the feature reguest section of smfarcade.com [nofollow]

thanks..

ArkServer

Quote from: Niko on December 02, 2005, 12:52:48 PM
You have wrong games url

Could be just me but, i can see the screenshots etc, the only problem is that the games won't load.

Arcade setting: http://arkserver.servehttp.com/forum/Games

RoarinRow

Quote from: ripple on October 22, 2005, 04:42:23 PM
Couple of things:

It looks like the the arcade sites aren't working correctly -- can't get to any of the downloadable games.  Anyone have an updated link, or when these sites are going to work?

Secondly, how do you get the "Who's Online" link to display members who are in the arcade itself?  Now, it says "Unknown action"

Not sure if is related to games, but has anyone fixed this 'Unknown Action' description when viewing 'Who's Online'?  I'm on SMF 1.05.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Juggler

Yes,

Check out smfarcade.com which is the support forum and it answers that very question there!
The Blue Buzzards
Flying Scooter Display Team
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

PitViper

I must say to start out with SMF is a lot easier to deal with than phpBB  :D , greatly enjoy using the services provided, thank you.  ;)

Now down to the real problem. I have attempted to install the arcade mod but I keep getting this error:

I also have attempted to create the Games directory in the root temp directory, but it always says "permission denied". I have tried to CHMOD the new directory...but once again "permission denied". I found out that the mod had created the Games directory in the wrong root directory (i.e. forum/games...not:  forum/packages/temp/games) like it is supposed to be.

Could anyone possibly help with this? I am using the package downloader provided and not manually installing it btw.

digiSal

my games directory is  /smf/Games . i never read anything other wise.

where did you get those instructions?

Quote from: PitViper on December 03, 2005, 08:02:33 PM
I must say to start out with SMF is a lot easier to deal with than phpBB  :D , greatly enjoy using the services provided, thank you.  ;)

Now down to the real problem. I have attempted to install the arcade mod but I keep getting this error:

I also have attempted to create the Games directory in the root temp directory, but it always says "permission denied". I have tried to CHMOD the new directory...but once again "permission denied". I found out that the mod had created the Games directory in the wrong root directory (i.e. forum/games...not:  forum/packages/temp/games) like it is supposed to be.

Could anyone possibly help with this? I am using the package downloader provided and not manually installing it btw.

PitViper

I used the package manager to attempt to install the mod, so it was something that it went through and processed that error... ??? ::)

PitViper

Um new thing, even when I tired to run the arcade_install.php, it gave me two errors...probably because it never finished applying the mod.

Could someone please help with this? I would like to get this arcade up as soon as possible (seeing how it is a main part of the site I am building).

ArkServer

I figured out the arcade does work in IE but doesnt load in firefox, any idea why? and how to fix it? It also seems that i cant submit score on certain games like airfox

PitViper

Scratch that support request :) Managed to fix the bug.

As far as it not working in Firefox...I use firefox and it works just fine for me

Advertisement: