All forum admins should look: SMF 2.0 iPhone and iPod Touch Theme (NOW FREE!)

Started by farfromperfection, March 10, 2009, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius85

SMF4iPhone Mod (latest version, as said by butchs, was submitted to SMF 4 days ago) is yet perfectly compatible with 2.0 RC2 and RC3.
Theme is compatible only with 2.0 RC2 at the moment. I'm gonna make a new version to fit with RC3.

PS: Both theme and mod are still in approval porcess, i hope they will be approved soon...

PhoneGotSwag

ok can someone help me

i downloaded the beta 2.7.3

i installed the theme along with the curve mobile and mobile theme

then i installed the mod.

when i load my site on my iphone it still shows the default theme.

I tried clearing cache and cookies.

I havent modded any files am i i supposed to? if so, what am i supposed to do..

please give exact lines and what codes to insert

thank you i really want to get this working and dont want to wait for theme submission because that usually takes a while

and if u need error logs where do i find them for the theme?

PhoneGotSwag

also if someone can help me get this working and have a paypal account

i will send you $5

but it has to be working!

and we would have to be emailing because posting here is not fast enough.

Fabius85

STEP 1
first of all, check if you still have 2.0 RC2 or if you updated to 2.0 RC3. cause mod is yet compatible with RC3, but theme is not. so you must have 2.0 RC2.

STEP  2
then, did you get any errors while installing theme and/or mod? if not go to next step. if you got errors, tell me what happened so i can help you.

STEP 3
you should check if you configured correctly SMF4iPhone Mod settings (in Admin > Modification Settings > SMF4iPhone)
check if theme's ID you set are correct. if not, then set them correctly and click Save.

STEP 4
you need to clear also forum cache, not only your device cache, so:
first go to Admin > Forum Maintenance, and under "Empty the file cache" click on Run task now.
then into your iPhone go to Preferences > Safari and tap on Clear history, Clear cookies, Clear cache.

STEP 5
now open Safari Mobile, and try to open your forum index. be sure that "?theme=#" parameter is NOT set at the end of the url you enter, so just "http://www.yoursite.com/forum/index.php"

butchs

Hi Fabius85,
Maybe you can make the latest mod version available for download until SMF team gets done testing.  I hate for people to be using that clunky old beta version.   ???  8)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

~DS~

Quote from: butchs on March 20, 2010, 09:47:13 AM
Hi Fabius85,
Maybe you can make the latest mod version available for download until SMF team gets done testing.  I hate for people to using that clunky old beta version.   ???  8)
1+ be waiting for a compatible version of RC3
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

PhoneGotSwag

Quote from: butchs on March 20, 2010, 09:47:13 AM
Hi Fabius85,
Maybe you can make the latest mod version available for download until SMF team gets done testing.  I hate for people to be using that clunky old beta version.   ???  8)

+1 i agree they seem like they will take a long time

Fabius85

DOWNLOAD latest theme and mod, which were sent to SMF Team for approval last 11/03/2010

ps: again, for the mod, credits goes to butchs who spent many, many hours to make it work perfectly :)

pps: again, mod is yet compatible with both 2.0 RC2 and RC3, theme is compatible only with 2.0 RC2 at the moment. i'm gonna work on RC3 compatibility in next days.

Fabius85

PhoneGotSwag

PhoneGotSwag

SMF4iPhone Mod uses session cookies that allow it to disable its self. "unset($_SESSION['smf4iphone']" needs to be added to the login/regrsiter portion of the theme for this mod to work properly:
  if((!empty($_GET['action'])) && (($_GET['action']=='login') || ($_GET['action']=='register'))) {
   $loginregister=' style="display:none;"';
   unset($_SESSION['smf4iphone']); }

where do i add this to? what lines and what files?

CFCParadox

characters remaining: 575

Fabius85

Quote from: PhoneGotSwag on March 20, 2010, 11:15:24 AM
sending now
thanks ;)

Quote from: PhoneGotSwag on March 20, 2010, 11:48:19 AM
SMF4iPhone Mod uses session cookies that allow it to disable its self. "unset($_SESSION['smf4iphone']" needs to be added to the login/regrsiter portion of the theme for this mod to work properly:
  if((!empty($_GET['action'])) && (($_GET['action']=='login') || ($_GET['action']=='register'))) {
   $loginregister=' style="display:none;"';
   unset($_SESSION['smf4iphone']); }

where do i add this to? what lines and what files?
this is not necessary anymore. it was used in a previous version of the mod, i just forgot to remove it from the readme, sorry ^^

Quote from: CFCParadox on March 20, 2010, 09:48:15 PM
There is a template parse error in the new theme:

http://forums.combatfps.com/index.php?theme=16

Quote from: Fabius85 on March 20, 2010, 10:57:07 AM
pps: again, mod is yet compatible with both 2.0 RC2 and RC3, theme is compatible only with 2.0 RC2 at the moment. i'm gonna work on RC3 compatibility in next days.
as i can see you are using RC3 so, yes, as long as it is not compatible, it returns parse error :-/

PhoneGotSwag

Fabius85

Quote from: PhoneGotSwag on March 21, 2010, 08:49:29 AM
this update doesnt work for me..

and im not getting any errors
try following the same steps i told you yesterday, then tell me if it works

butchs

The mod is designed to switch once.  It will store the data in a cookie, sessions or your cache and will stay there for 24 hours.  This is done to save server load.  So if you switch once you have to delete all three or wait 24 hours to be able to switch again.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Advertisement: