News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Board Sort Methods

Started by drhamad, March 12, 2009, 12:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dharshan

I have tried the 2.0.1 & 2.0 packages and both are giving same errors..... have attached a SS of the installation page....Help!

R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

This is not really an error as such, its a test performed before modifying the file, it either passes of fails, there is no fix for this.

All you can do get the parsing instructions for the mod (from the mod site and install those "test failed" files yourself

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Dharshan

oki, but the thing is that,When I tried  to install the mod on a local test server, which had a fresh SMF 1.1.10 running,
still it gave me all those errors and when i tried to apply SMF crashed..

Snaps....It says this mod for SMF 2 ONLY!
link : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1677;attach=90820;smf_version=1.0.10

Arantor

The reason is that mods internally can specify which version(s) it works on.

This mod doesn't, so the package manager doesn't check what version it should run on. Thus it'll parse for 1.1.10.

However as you've discovered there are a number of changes from 1.1.10 in 2.0 that the mod will not work on. If you want a 1.1 compliant mod try http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=382

Dharshan

thanks Arnator,
i found another mod which does the same.
thanks.

Dharshan

trying this again with my smf 2 install

kai920

Does this work with SMF 2.0 RC2?

Dharshan

nopes..... :S

I'm stuck with no board sort mod available for SMF2 rc2......

kai920

I did a quick try with the install, I think the admin interface edits need to be updated for RC2. Will see if I have time to look into this.

Dharshan

Quote from: kai920 on December 06, 2009, 11:19:00 AM
I did a quick try with the install, I think the admin interface edits need to be updated for RC2. Will see if I have time to look into this.

if you could make that happen,
It'll make me the most happiest person in the world!

kai920

I got the manual edits working for RC2, but I'm having trouble with the CDATA search part in the install.xml. I'll read some tuts and tinker with it a bit and try to get it to pass the search & replace test in ManageBoards.template.php.

Arantor

You leave the <![CDATA[ itself in along with the ]]> at the end though...

kai920

Quote from: Arantor on December 13, 2009, 09:43:07 AM
You leave the <![CDATA[ itself in along with the ]]> at the end though...

I left those in there, but I'm not sure why the test is failing for this one edit. When the test fails on an install, it's usually because it can't find the matching code?

Are tabs/spaces etc. important?

Arantor

Tabs and spaces and newlines are all important.

kai920

Quote from: Arantor on December 13, 2009, 10:05:18 AM
Tabs and spaces and newlines are all important.

OK, I got it sorted now. I turned on the invisible tab characters, and could see that TextMate was auto-formatting my "paste" by removing tabs.

Edit - while the package s installing now, it's not working fully yet. Not sure I have the skills to debug, so don't hold your breath ;)

kai920

Actually, it does work: if caching is completely disabled, changes made in the sort settings are reflected immediately. If caching is on, $board_info['sort_method'] does not change immediately.

Here is the package if anyone wants to give it a shot. Not able to install through the package manager for some reason, but if you extract to /Packages/BoardSort and do it manually it will install.

Dharshan

Hi kai920,

downloaded it! i was waiting for this..thanks a lot......so this means i need to upload this manually right!

I'll give it a shot!

thanks

Dharshan

the package is installed..but it gave me a fatal error line... continuing....
will keep u updated..

:D YAY! thanks a lot...it's working.....

check it out http://www.pcguide.exofire.net/forum/index.php/board,5.0.html

kai920

Great! I'm not sure why it won't install normally, probably some extra/orphan files in the zip archive because I use a Mac.

What was the fatal error line?

Dharshan

i cannot rekon...... but everything works just fine.....which means it's not fatal although it gave that......
cheers!

Advertisement: