News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Childboards as Dropdown

Started by Matthew K., March 12, 2009, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Is the directory "cad_source" in ./Sources? Is the file "main.php" in ./Sources/cad_source?

Ken.

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 24, 2012, 01:07:50 PM
Is the directory "cad_source" in ./Sources? Is the file "main.php" in ./Sources/cad_source?

Yes to both...
the "cad_source" directory is in ./Sources and the file "main.php" is in ./Sources/cad_source
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Matthew K.

Ken.

"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Dave J

I installed and had the same problem that the first window of the drop box is blank.

I was getting this error amongst others for this mod:

/8: Undefined index: lab360_go
File: /public_html/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 259

After coping the text from '/resources/cad_language/main.english.php' to  '/Themes/default/languages/post.english.php' the text appeared as it should.

The only problem now is that once you select a child board it does not go anywhere.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Matthew K.

Can you attach your Load.php please?

Dave J

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 01, 2012, 01:52:48 PM
Can you attach your Load.php please?

I had attached the Load.php file but now the test board is messing around so I'm going to relace the exitsting files with a backup set and try this again, if I still have problems I'll let you know.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply by the way.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Dave J

Ok I have now reverted back to a stable point and have re-installed the mod again with the same results.

This time I have not made changes to the language code as before and I have attached my load.php file.

I will send you a PM with login details so you can see it for yourself.

Matthew K.

The issue is in regards to this modification not being compatible with Portals. I completely forgot about the conflicts this might have, and left it out of the equation. I already "have" a fix, I just need to actually package it up.

Dave J

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 04, 2012, 12:24:39 PM
The issue is in regards to this modification not being compatible with Portals. I completely forgot about the conflicts this might have, and left it out of the equation. I already "have" a fix, I just need to actually package it up.

Ok no problem Labradoodle I'll just wait...thanks for the update

Matthew K.

Childboards as Dropdown 2.0.2 released!

Here's the change-log for anyone interested:
Quote from: ReadmeChangelog:

v2.0.2 (r2.4.12):

• + now compatible with portals. (!./modifications.xml)
  • + phpDocumentor utilized for all mod functions. (!./cad_source/main.php, !./cad_source/resources/hooks.php)

v2.0.1 (r1.23.12):

• !bugfix: Settings conflict with other modifications. (!./resources/hooks.php)

v2.0.0 (r1.12.12):

• + Complete rewrite
  • ! Modification Renamed

Please uninstall the old version and install the new version if you are using a Portal as the new version contains a bugfix to make the mod compatible with the use of portals.

Ken.

Matthew K.

Thanks for letting me access your forum's FTP to figure out how dumb I was ;D

Ken.

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 04, 2012, 03:47:48 PM
Thanks for letting me access your forum's FTP to figure out how dumb I was ;D

That wasn't the intent but, UR welcome.
Actually, we thought it was rather smart that you were able to solve the riddle so quickly.

Matthew K.

Dave J

Great work Labradoodle all works fine for me now. Thank you very much

Matthew K.

Bugo

Matthew K.

Thanks dude, I'll throw out a patch with those soon :)

TheListener

A long time overdue.

Well done kiddo.

The reason I like this mod is due to the way it makes the boards look much tidier.

Advertisement: