News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Slogan

Started by vbgamer45, April 02, 2009, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neverhurry

Quote from: Runic on April 07, 2009, 04:33:23 PM
Admin > Settings >  Layout And Options

Admin > Modifications

Hello,

I am sorry, but i can not find where to activate this mod, i didn't find the "Admin > Settings >  Layout And Options", please help. THank you !
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Deaks

what version are you using?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

Quote from: somerandomdude on May 05, 2009, 09:56:36 PM
hi there i'm looking for something like this but that allows you to enter multiple slogans and for it to display one at random?

unfortunatley mine doesnt do that, I do have plans to do this though :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

steve51184

Do you know when you'll do this as I'd really like it

Deaks

prob a while yet im afraid, as my sig says im not fully active to middle of June ... sorry
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Neverhurry

Quote from: Runic on May 08, 2009, 07:12:12 PM
what version are you using?
I use version 1.1.8.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

andy40

i cant see where to activate it either on 1.1.8

Deaks

Admin -> Feature And Options -> Layout And Options
then look for:
Turn the Slogan Mod on or off    
 Choose what your slogan says

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

andy40

thanks found it nice mod

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

Can you tell me how to change size, color, font of the slogan?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

Deaks

in 2.0
ok in style.css look for
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, h7
{
 color: black;
 font-size: 1em;
 margin: 0;
 padding: 0;
}

remove the h3, so it looks like
h1, h2, h4, h5, h6, h7
{
}

now create h3 as its own class
h3
{
}

now change color and font-size to suit

in 1.1.x

modify:

/*Slogan Mod by Runic*/
.Slogan
{
background: #88a6c0;
font-size: normal;
border: 0px;
}

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Will this change anything else in the theme or only the slogan?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on May 22, 2009, 02:42:10 AM
Will this change anything else in the theme or only the slogan?

?? Any ideas?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Deaks

sorry I am currently away fior next few weeks however the slogan class will only work on the slogan mod unless yhou add it elsewhere
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Ok i just wanted to make sure that h3 was just for the slogan. Sweet Thanks!
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

I did that edit but it made my category names larger too. Like if I set h3
{
}

To
h3
{
color: white;
font-size: 2em;
margin: 1;
}

Then it made my category and affiliate names 2em
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Deaks

change it to h8 on the tag and the style
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

ok so make the slogan run off h8 ... I will try that.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Deaks

if you change the <h3> and </h3> tags to <h8> and </h8> at the slogan code, and change the h3 to h8 in the style.css then yes it should work, but please do add h3 back to the other list
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Got it working! Thanks bro!
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Advertisement: