News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Accepted] phpBB member pips?

Started by blink 182 UK, August 04, 2003, 05:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blink 182 UK

Would it be possible for someone to make member pips (stars) to apper like the do on phpBB.

I mean so theres one image, and if the user is "newbie" he / she will have one full pip, with 6 faded pips.

Also would you be able to assign images rank images to different member groups.

I would be able to make the images my self, all i need is the mod.

If other people want this could someone please make it when SMF is release?

Thanks, Scott

Grudge

Well - as far as the pips go I don't see what the difference is between that and what there is now? You have one star next to your name as a newbie, 2 when you get to the next level etc etc
I'm only a half geek really...

blink 182 UK

I mean so it would be like this

Mod

Member group

Admin

and the ability to add more member groups ith member ranks specific to there member group?

[Unknown]

The new post group system will allow such things...

-[Unknown]

blink 182 UK

Yay  ;D

I mean.. ahum

Thank you kind sir  :)

BiErLeEuW

will the new post group system also allow to give a group an other color or something like that? Other pips color could also be very interesting!

blink 182 UK

Like the usernames will show up in diff colours?? eg.

admin red, mods green and support group yellow?

[Unknown]

Yeah, that's also planned - but the colors will only apply to the users online list.

-[Unknown]

Grudge

Quote from: blink 182 UK on August 04, 2003, 06:15:49 PM
Like the usernames will show up in diff colours?? eg.

admin red, mods green and support group yellow?

If you mean on the main forum page I would guess so as it does at the moment and I can't believe they are using features here which will be removed in the full version. Alas I could be wrong as always though :D

If you mean on the post display page if you have the pips system I wouldn't see why you need to change their username colour as their position is clear. IMHO of course ;D

EDIT: Unknown beat me to it  - doh!
I'm only a half geek really...

Tom

I'm glad that something like that is planned. I'm going to make it so all admins/mods get some special picture identifying them.  :)

I'm still not sure what the picture will be.  :-\

blink 182 UK

Quote from: Tom on August 04, 2003, 06:22:15 PM
I'm glad that something like that is planned. I'm going to make it so all admins/mods get some special picture identifying them.  :)

I'm still not sure what the picture will be.  :-\

a naked woman maybe???  :o

Skoen

When we talk about different colours, how about a little box in the admin panel to choose colour of the text for Admin/Mod/Member and also the formatting. I've done it manually now in the BoardIndex that the Admin has both red colour and is in bold
Alf Otto 'Skoen' Fagermo
Retired Norwegian translator

Advertisement: