News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] Aqua Soft.org skin ported to SMF :)

Started by Nightwish, March 17, 2005, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwish

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on April 16, 2005, 12:24:32 PM
When do you plan on releasing the next version of this theme?  I'm very excited about the DHTML menus :).

-Dan The Man

I hope, this weekend, most likely Sunday, maybe Monday (if i get the time to finish it - but it looks good).

Thread- & Forum tool menus are working, rating popdown menu aswell. Even the usermenu stuff (clicking on the username in the topic display) works. Currently working on the main menu (quicklinks in the toolbar) and the search boxes.
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
EoS - SMF-based forum under development.

dtm.exe

What about those navigation buttons that you removed until you could get permission to use them or something; will they also be included in the next release?

-Dan The Man

Nightwish

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on April 16, 2005, 05:46:22 PM
What about those navigation buttons that you removed until you could get permission to use them or something; will they also be included in the next release?

-Dan The Man

Nope, sorry. If you're talking on the OS X icons - then no. Since they may be ripped from OS X directly (at least, they look *very* authentic), only Apple could give permission (and I doubt, they will :) ).
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.

dtm.exe

Well, will there ever be buttons included in the theme for the navigation bar?

-Dan The Man

dtm.exe

Oh, and by the way, in your next release, can you please include stargmod.gif and starmod.gif?  You have them in there, but they're just the default stars.

-Dan The Man

Nightwish

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on April 16, 2005, 05:55:39 PM
Well, will there ever be buttons included in the theme for the navigation bar?

-Dan The Man
Maybe, maybe not. I'am not the most talented artist (I prefer coding :) ), to be more honest, I pretty much suck at graphics design. I'll think about it, after the coding of the templates is finished.

nothing_special

Can you release the code you have for the DHTML menus?
Or can we copy the code and use it for our site without using the Aqua theme? 'Coz I really love those menus ;)

dtm.exe

Is this theme almost ready to be released?  I can not wait any longer 'til you release this theme :)!

-Dan The Man

Nightwish

Quote from: nothing_special on April 18, 2005, 10:33:07 PM
Can you release the code you have for the DHTML menus?
Or can we copy the code and use it for our site without using the Aqua theme? 'Coz I really love those menus ;)

I will, of course, release the code with my templates (they won't work w/o the javascript code anyway). However, integrating these menus into another template will require A LOT of modifications to the templates. It's certainly possible to port this stuff to another theme, but expect some good piece of work :)

WhyMan

Hi there..

Awesome theme. but i musta missed something, i went to install it and came up with an error?
"Unable to load the 'main_above' template." the board is or should i say was :) here
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Cheers.. 8)
MaxKombat the Gaming Cafe.
Buck-Host hosting that start's at a $1
C-F-H Complete Free Host.

simstim

The theme seems to work best when uploaded manually. Unzip the file and ftp into your themes folder, then use the "upload from directory" option to install it.

Use hxxp:www.complete-free-host.com/smf/index.php?theme=1 [nonactive] to load the default theme on your board. This will allow access to the admin section again.

WhyMan

hey there simstim,

Really appreciate the speedy reply, i managed to get back into the board and change it back to the yabb theme.. wasn't able to get the aqua to work though kept comin up with the same error.. heh been waitin for this theme for awhile now  :(
Ahh well main thing is i got the board back, thanks  ;D
MaxKombat the Gaming Cafe.
Buck-Host hosting that start's at a $1
C-F-H Complete Free Host.

JewelCG

Beautiful skin... Can see that you did a lot of work with it.  Has anyone tried it with the MK Portal in place??

Jewel

Anguz

I think this theme is looking pretty good. There's several details I liked about it.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

dtm.exe

I thought that this was scheduled to be released on either Sunday or Monday...?

-Dan The Man

Nightwish

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on April 20, 2005, 07:40:33 PM

-Dan The Man

It got delayed :)

A.M.A

This theme is getting better and better .. love the new search and QuickLinks addition.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Miraenda

codenaught

The theme is really looking great. Very nice job.  :)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

dtm.exe

Quote from: Nightwish on April 20, 2005, 07:59:58 PM
Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on April 20, 2005, 07:40:33 PM

-Dan The Man

It got delayed :)

When do you think it will be ready by?

-Dan The Man

Advertisement: