[Theme] Aqua Soft.org skin ported to SMF :)

Started by Nightwish, March 17, 2005, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGSMDNR

ok nevermind, i deleted everyhting and re installed it.. works ok now...

RGSMDNR

how about some help adding buttons to the top, the ones i have are slighty larger then what comes default and the edges are getting cut off.

Nightwish

Quote from: RGSMDNR on June 26, 2005, 09:35:40 PM
how about some help adding buttons to the top, the ones i have are slighty larger then what comes default and the edges are getting cut off.
Can be changed in the stylesheet.

However, resizing the buttons would be the better idea, so you won't break the layout.
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
EoS - SMF-based forum under development.

gothic

Like I said before, brilliant skin.
So now, what are the chances of updating it to fit around version 1.1** please.
(I'm a php moron  :(  else I'd have a go)
I can normally be found at home
http://www.cornishserver.com [nofollow]

Nightwish

Quote from: gothic on June 30, 2005, 11:50:22 AM
Like I said before, brilliant skin.
So now, what are the chances of updating it to fit around version 1.1** please.
(I'm a php moron  :(  else I'd have a go)

I will when there is a public (beta) release of SMF 1.1. May take some time though, but I'am gonna do it for sure.
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Nightwish on June 30, 2005, 11:57:39 AM
I will when there is a public (beta) release of SMF 1.1.

You sound a bit behind the times.  Looked in the News and Updates board recently?

-[Unknown]

Nightwish

Quote from: [Unknown] on June 30, 2005, 03:01:31 PM
Quote from: Nightwish on June 30, 2005, 11:57:39 AM
I will when there is a public (beta) release of SMF 1.1.

You sound a bit behind the times.  Looked in the News and Updates board recently?

-[Unknown]

I'am a bit low on time :) Thanks for the heads up, good news :)

BTW: Is there anything which would *completely* break a 1.0.x template? I know that I have to add template support for the new features in 1.1, but would a 1.0 template still work?

[Unknown]

Mostly.  There are a few changes that need to be made, however.

-[Unknown]

Irish John

Maybe this is just me, but I am having some formatting problems within Firefox 1.0.4 and IE6

Both are when I post or reply.

The post area is much wider than the rest of the page.  I have to scroll over to the right to get to the smilies.  The resolution is 1600x1200 but I don't have the browser full screen, but it's about 1280 wide at least.

Attached is a screen shot of the part that is going over the edge.  It does it in both Firefox and IE for me.

Is it just me, or is it a problem with everyone?

hxxp:img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scroll3aw.jpg [nonactive]

gothic

QuoteThe post area is much wider than the rest of the page.  I have to scroll over to the right to get to the smilies.  The resolution is 1600x1200 but I don't have the browser full screen, but it's about 1280 wide at least.

If you were to maximise the browser window, would everything fit in then?
I find that bot Firefox (my default) and IE6 will display correctly when maximised, but return same sypmtoms as you when the window is reduced.

Irish John

Quote from: gothic on July 03, 2005, 06:36:41 AM
QuoteThe post area is much wider than the rest of the page.  I have to scroll over to the right to get to the smilies.  The resolution is 1600x1200 but I don't have the browser full screen, but it's about 1280 wide at least.

If you were to maximise the browser window, would everything fit in then?
I find that bot Firefox (my default) and IE6 will display correctly when maximised, but return same sypmtoms as you when the window is reduced.
It will at 1600x1200, but I don't want it maximised at that resolution.  If I have it at say, 1024x768 (the most used resolution nowadays), it doesn't line up at all.

gothic

QuoteIf I have it at say, 1024x768 (the most used resolution nowadays), it doesn't line up at all.
What I'm trying to say is that if your screen resolution is 1024x768 and you maximised the browser window, all would be well, all would line up, it's only when you reduce the size of the browser window that things mis-align. That goes for all resolutions.

Irish John

Quote from: gothic on July 03, 2005, 09:06:40 AM
QuoteIf I have it at say, 1024x768 (the most used resolution nowadays), it doesn't line up at all.
What I'm trying to say is that if your screen resolution is 1024x768 and you maximised the browser window, all would be well, all would line up, it's only when you reduce the size of the browser window that things mis-align. That goes for all resolutions.
That is what I was doing.  I had the resolution set at 1024x768 and the browser maximised, and it still had the problem.

I figured it out anyway.

In the Post.template.php I went to the line

<input type="text" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' size="60" maxlength="80" tabindex="1" />';

and changed the size to 30 and maxlength to 40 and it looks great in any resolution now, maximzed or not (well, it does for me) and still leaves plenty of room in the subject line.

Mine is now
<input type="text" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' size="30" maxlength="40" tabindex="1" />';

nobalogic

DAB Empire

I noticed that as well.  Everything appears to work ok, but you get an error log like no other.

nobalogic

In the admin panel, lots of things dont load. I really liked this template  >:(

Well now I like Amas the green one and blue one, forgot the name lol

gothic

I am going to try and temporarily update this skin (I have a few days between jobs :) ) I will have to depend on my resident php coder as I don't really understand the language, but between us I'm sure we can get it functioning under the beta.
All I can say is thank the Lord for phpDEV.

gothic

The only outstanding problem I am facing is when in the admin, I click on "News and Newsletters" menu item I get the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_edit_news() (previously declared in c:\phpdev\www\forum\Sources\Load.php(1484) : eval()'d code:351) in c:\phpdev\www\forum\Sources\Load.php(1484) : eval()'d code on line 5

Any suggestions please?

buf

Hi people!

Anyone here with enough good will to port this theme to work with the mambo/SMF bridge?
I'm translating the language buttons to portuguese right now (they're not getting the same effect, I'm afraid, but I'm a real noob) and I can post them here if anyone needs them.

By the way, I'm using Fireworks, so if anyone has a tip on the text effects, I'm listening. I already noticed they're arial narrow and I'm guessing Crisp anti-alias, but not much more :P

EDIT: ok, forget it, it's ported now. And the portuguese buttons are done, so if anyone needs them, just say so ;)
CMS-PT.com - Comunidade de Webmasters e Admins

Nightwish

I know there are some issues when running this theme with 1.1 (which was expected, because 1.1 has really a lot of new stuff and some templates WILL need an upgrade.

I already started to work on it (a bit, since I'am low on time at the moment), but I definately plan to release a 1.1 compatible version, but I'll wait until 1.1 reaches final (or at least, RC stage).

Maybe, some of the devs can answer this: Will there be more major template changes which will break stuff again, or is it already safe to start updating template, based on Beta3?

Advertisement: