News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Caps Lock Detection on Login

Started by Spuds, May 02, 2009, 12:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

candidosa2

yes nice work good mod thank you
when update dont forget portuguese

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Caps Lock detection on Login Mod by Nas translate candidosa2
$txt['capslock_warning'] = 'Caps Lock est&aacute; activada.';
// End Caps Lock detection on Login Mod by Nas

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
// Caps Lock detection on Login Mod by Nas translate candidosa2
$txt['capslock_warning'] = 'Caps Lock est&aacute; activada.';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_brazilian.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
// Caps Lock detection on Login Mod by Nas translate darkness
$txt['capslock_warning'] = 'Caps Lock est&aacute; ativada.';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_brazilian-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
// Caps Lock detection on Login Mod by Nas translate darkness
$txt['capslock_warning'] = 'Caps Lock est&aacute; ativada.';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Sirius OCTeam

hi,

thanks for this one.

here you are the french

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.french.php">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
// Caps Lock detection on Login Mod by Nas
$txt['capslock_warning'] = 'La touche MAJ est active.';

]]></add>
  <file name="$languagedir/Modifications.french-utf8.php">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
// Caps Lock detection on Login Mod by Nas
$txt['capslock_warning'] = 'La touche MAJ est active.';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Joe N

Quote from: Nas on May 06, 2009, 02:20:29 PM
Could you attach Login.template.php and index.template.php here?

I attached them
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."

My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!

Blinker

Hi Nas

Nice mod, thanks. :)

I was wondering if you could help me with something: on the main login screen the password input box has been pushed up slightly and is now out of alignment. I noticed in your screenshots the same thing occurs.

Since most of the time the warning isn't there it would be nice to have everything line up again. How difficult would it be to have the text display to the right of the password box as per my screenshot? Alternatively, there is some room below that would allow the box to come down just a little (again, see screenie).

What do you think? Is this possible?

TurtleKicker

Installed fine here on SMF 1.1.9 with no errors but also not working. I've tried the login fields on the top of the main page, as well as the dedicated index.php?action=login screen.

Using the default theme.

Joe N

Quote from: sremick on July 11, 2009, 12:56:32 PM
Installed fine here on SMF 1.1.9 with no errors but also not working. I've tried the login fields on the top of the main page, as well as the dedicated index.php?action=login screen.

Using the default theme.

Went on your site and used a test username and did a caps lock password. shows up fine

Mystiquo

it'ok but there is a problem, w3c isn't valid
this is my result:
#  Warning  Line 117, Column 20: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

if(((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <

This message may appear in several cases:

* You tried to include the "<" character in your page: you should escape it as "&lt;"
    * You used an unescaped ampersand "&": this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use "&amp;", which is always safe.
    * Another possibility is that you forgot to close quotes in a previous tag.

# Warning Line 117, Column 21: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

if(((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <

* You tried to include the "<" character in your page: you should escape it as "&lt;"
    * You used an unescaped ampersand "&": this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use "&amp;", which is always safe.

# Warning Line 117, Column 31: character "<" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

# Warning Line 117, Column 38: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

# Warning Line 117, Column 39: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

# Warning Line 117, Column 69: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

... keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

# Warning Line 117, Column 70: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...eyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

# Warning Line 117, Column 80: character "<" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...iftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

# Warning Line 117, Column 88: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...|((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

# Warning Line 117, Column 89: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

# Error Line 117, Column 20: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

# Error Line 117, Column 21: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

# Error Line 117, Column 31: XML Parsing Error: StartTag: invalid element name

# Error Line 117, Column 38: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

# Error Line 117, Column 39: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

# Error Line 117, Column 69: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

... keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

# Error Line 117, Column 70: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

...eyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

# Error Line 117, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: StartTag: invalid element name

...iftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))...

# Error Line 117, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

# Error Line 117, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

Can you help me?

Marcus Forsberg

W3c should be valid. I'll look at it in the next update.

Also, if you have any feature request, feel free to sign up and file a request at this site:
http://www.forentadatorerna.se/

ailarkaljurand

That's good I can use it everywhere I want. But what is that file where I must type it? I don't understand. ANd else, I'm not much good in english, but I hope you understand me

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: ailarkaljurand on August 12, 2009, 04:57:29 PM
That's good I can use it everywhere I want. But what is that file where I must type it?

The file will depend on what area you want to use the mod in.
If, for example, you wish to use the caps lock detection in the password field at rehistration, the file would be Register.template.php.

chriso29

I'm using version 1.1.10 with the theme kani. I haven't been able to get it to work. Do you have any tips?

badaliens

Quote from: Nas on July 28, 2009, 02:54:29 PM
W3c should be valid. I'll look at it in the next update.

Also, if you have any feature request, feel free to sign up and file a request at this site:
_http:hxxp:www.forentadatorerna.se/ [nonactive]

i have last version and have the same problem
#  Warning  Line 82, Column 202: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...16)?true:false); if(((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCod

# Warning Line 82, Column 203: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...6)?true:false); if(((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode

# Warning Line 82, Column 213: character "<" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...lse); if(((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 &&

# Warning Line 82, Column 220: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...f(((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode

# Warning Line 82, Column 221: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...(((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode

# Warning Line 82, Column 251: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

... 90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey)) document

# Warning Line 82, Column 252: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...90) && !shiftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey)) document.

# Warning Line 82, Column 262: character "<" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...iftKey)||((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey)) document.getElement

# Warning Line 82, Column 270: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...|((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey)) document.getElementById(div

# Warning Line 82, Column 271: character "&amp;" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey)) document.getElementById(div)

# Error Line 82, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

...vascript"> function capsLock(e,div){ keyCode = e.keyCode?e.keyCode:e.which; s...

...vascript"> function capsLock(e,div){ keyCode = e.keyCode?e.keyCode:e.which; s...

# Error Line 82, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: StartTag: invalid element name

# Error Line 82, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: StartTag: invalid element name

Joe N

where is this shone?

Also, what theme and smf version?

SpelingMistakes

Is it possible to use this for nicknames - usernames – I hate when people type whole nickname with big letters – searching for solution for that I found this :) – Maybe it will solve my problems

Few questions

1.   this is only notice – it cant stop user in going trough other steps of registration
2.   I am interested in solution which will stop user in doing something if it is not kind of good manned (writing with big letter – especially if you write your username) – can this do that?
3.   Can this be used for names of Topics also

Thanks in advance for your answer

Spel
There is a huge difference between living and being alive!

Marcus Forsberg

Yes, it is possible. Please read the "Customize this modification" in the first post.

1. No, it was never supposed to stop them from registering - Only warn them about it.
2. Whit some tweaking, perhaps.
3. Yes. Again, read the "Customize this modification".

SpelingMistakes

I have read about adjusting it to my needs or "Customize this modification", but I am not a coder, and there is not explicitly written – it works that and that – because of that I ask this

Spel
There is a huge difference between living and being alive!

Marcus Forsberg

Changelog
1.1.0.1 | November 9 2009
* Supports SMF 2.0 RC2 and Curve!

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: SpelingMistakes on November 05, 2009, 05:06:23 AM
I have read about adjusting it to my needs or "Customize this modification", but I am not a coder, and there is not explicitly written – it works that and that – because of that I ask this

Spel

Please attach Post.template.php here and I'll show you how to fix this for topic names.

Quote from: SpelingMistakes on November 04, 2009, 06:38:36 PM
2.   I am interested in solution which will stop user in doing something if it is not kind of good manned (writing with big letter – especially if you write your username) – can this do that?

In the next update I'm going to include a new setting for admins. If it's set to true, an alert message will popup when someone writes with capslock on, making it impossible for them to do anything if they keep writing with capslock on.

Guardian ekiM

While trying to install this mod on 2.0 RC2, I received 1 error in my Theme's index.template.php and the mod appears to be NOT working.
Currently, I'm using theme Extreme6 from:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=1078

Marcus Forsberg

Mind attaching index.template.php here?

Advertisement: