News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Category View

Started by live627, May 12, 2009, 04:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

You can view an example of this MOD working at:  Category View MOD DEMO Site

Sites that are using this MOD:
Smokey's Security Forums

*If you would like your site listed in here, please let me know of it by posting a topic up in here with your website addy, or you can pm me, and I'd be happy to add it to this list.

**Update 2.1
------------------
Fixes width of the Last Post column in the vBulletin Layout, indefinitely, that is displayed on the Main index.php page of your forum.  In order to do this, BoardIndex.template.php had to get a major face-lift, while still maintaining the actual default appearance of SMF.  While the default SMF Theme (BoardIndex.template.php file) has already been edited for best appearance of all 3 layouts, you should edit any of your other themes, that you offer to your members, by editing the BoardIndex.template.php file associated with that theme.

This update also fixes all column widths and layouts on the index page so that different Category Layouts on the main page will not effect the appearance of the layout.

Also, now able to set the character cut off limit within Subs-BoardIndex.php at around line: 242, and will adjust the Last Post column widths accordingly...
$row_board['short_subject'] = shorten_subject($row_board['subject'], 28); Category View, once installed will change this from the default 24 to 28 as you see it in here.

**Update 2.0
------------------
Uses style="table-layout: fixed" in a feable attempt to try to fix the Last Post Column width of the vBulletin Layout.  Found out the hard way that this will not work :(  However, figured I'd leave it up here for you all in case you have problems with version 2.1.  You never know...

**Update 1.8
------------------
Adds 6 more characters to the length of topic titles, in the Last Post column, before they are cut so as to fill the Last Post column from left to right for the SMF and vBulletin Category Layouts.  Topics and Posts # counts are no longer in bold for vBulletin and phpBB Category Layouts.

**Update 1.7
-----------------
Fixes height of all Boards within each category in all 3 Category Layouts.  This update may override some theme styles to be sure the layouts are displayed correctly.  Also skrunk the Child board height a little in the vBulletin Layout to make the layout display better.

**Update 1.6
-----------------
Fixes a bug that wasn't sorting the Child Boards correctly.  And in some instances, child boards were not viewable, now all fixed!

**Update 1.5
-----------------
Added the phpBB Layout Style to choose from.

**Update 1.4
-----------------
Now changes the index.php page's view for each category according to the layout you have selected for that category.

**Update 1.3
------------------
Fixes links, for the Category linktree, when viewing Unread Posts (action=unread).

Creates a Category page listing all boards in that category.  Accessible from index.php?category=[category id].  All links throughout SMF that point to a category will now point to the Category Page instead of the index page (for instance: index.php#c1 is what is happening before you install this MOD, index.php?category=1 is what will happen after installing this MOD).  This will load a whole different page, listing all of the boards and child boards in that category. 

3 Category Layouts to choose from:  vBulletin, phpBB, or SMF.  Each Category can have it's own Layout separate from the other Categories.  Default Layout is SMF.  Only Admins can change this layout directly from the Category Page for that Category.  Category Layouts also get displayed on your index.php page.

Includes the Jump To: dropdown box in the bottom right-hand corner as is shown when viewing boards and topics.  Displays the Category in here and all boards/child boards.

mattchewone

This mod is fantastic.

Thank you Solomon.

Matt

SoLoGHoST

You're very welcome mattchewone!  Was a lot of fun creating it.  If there are any more layouts that you want, just let me know, would be a pleasure to add additional layouts :)

Sudhakar Arjunan

God mod, thanks a lot Author.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

chinaren

>:(  Any chance of this for SMF1.1.x?  Or is there one already like this?
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

SoLoGHoST

There's one out there called, View Single Category by SleePy, but doesn't include the Jump To: box and doesn't offer any layouts besides the default SMF layout.  I know this because after I got done creating this MOD, did a search on the name I decided (Category View) and found his MOD...lol.

I'll see what I can do to make Category View compatible with SMF 1.1.x versions.

Thanks for your feedback :)

dr.wills

that looks awesome

Thanks  :)
http://movies-on-mediafire.com

Never dying collection of high definition mediafire movies link

SoLoGHoST

You're very welcome, and thanks for the feedback :)

chinaren

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on May 12, 2009, 08:57:13 PM

I'll see what I can do to make Category View compatible with SMF 1.1.x versions.

That would be cool.  Many thanks.

One more thing though, is it compatible with EZPortal?  I use that on my board.

SoLoGHoST

I'm not sure if it is, not familiar with all of the MODS out there and all of the edits they make to SMF.  But don't worry as this MOD is in it's very early stages and if there is a problem, I will try my best to fix it. :)  But I think converting it to 1.1.x is the first step, and after that we'll work together if there are any problems with EZPortal, k?

Will have a 1.1.x version for you to test out soon...

chinaren

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on May 12, 2009, 11:47:08 PM

Now that's what I call service!  :D 

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: chinaren on May 13, 2009, 12:01:35 AM
Quote from: SoLoGHoST on May 12, 2009, 11:47:08 PM

Now that's what I call service!  :D
hehe, don't get too excited.  When I say soon, I mean, like a day or 2.  Sorry, but there are tons of things going on in my life at the moment.  :)

SoLoGHoST

New Update 1.3
---------------------
Fixes links, for the Category linktree (for the Category Link), when viewing Unread Posts (i.e. -> action=unread), was pointing to #c[category id], fixed so it now points to ?category=[category id].  That should be all of them now!

TheDisturbedOne

Can you make a MOD that does the "vB" layout for BoardIndex.template.php?
I have it on my other forum, and know how to make any theme like that for 1.1.x, but haven't used 2.0 long enough to get familiar with the templates.

SoLoGHoST

Yes, I could just update this 1 so that if the layout = VBulletin Style it will change the layout of that category to VBulletin style at the index.php page if that is what you are asking.  Am I right in what you want??

Will have to wait until I finish this other MOD that I'm working on at the moment.  Should be done this in a few days or less, but guess this will give me time to figure out exactly what you are asking.

TheDisturbedOne

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on May 19, 2009, 07:46:52 PM
Yes, I could just update this 1 so that if the layout = VBulletin Style it will change the layout of that category to VBulletin style at the index.php page if that is what you are asking.  Am I right in what you want??
Yeah, that would sound fine, thanks :D

SoLoGHoST

Hello, is this what you are looking to do TheDisturbedOne

Link ==> TEST SITE

Will be added to the Category View MOD, either tonight or tomorrow as version 1.4.

TheDisturbedOne

Yes it is :D thanks so much!

SoLoGHoST

Ok, just upped and good to go.  Make sure you completely uninstall Category View 1.3 and delete it from the list of packages before you install Category View 1.4.

ENJOY :)

Advertisement: