Copyright & Footer Links

Started by Suki, May 16, 2009, 01:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Ranami

Hello Suki. Hope this thread is still active. Thanks for this mod. I have it installed on SMF 2.0.15 and it works quite fine, well at least it does display my copyright and links in the footer, but my problem is that the copyright and links always disappear from the input box in Admin center after saving. This means anytime I want to edit the settings of any other mod on same page in Admin center, I always have to re-enter my copyright as well before saving otherwise the copyright disappears from the footer.

Is there a way of making the copyright remain in the input box permanently (except deleted by me of course) after saving?

Suki

That looks like a bug, let me check and see what I can do.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ranami

Quote from: Suki on September 12, 2019, 07:18:27 PM
That looks like a bug, let me check and see what I can do.
Ok then, thanks. I'll be looking out for your response.

Suki

I tested this on a vanilla 2.0.15 install and couldn't replicate the error. Also tried with a few mods (all hook based) that add settings to the same page and couldn't replicate it either. Which mods are you currently using?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ranami

Quote from: Suki on September 13, 2019, 01:19:45 PM
I tested this on a vanilla 2.0.15 install and couldn't replicate the error. Also tried with a few mods (all hook based) that add settings to the same page and couldn't replicate it either. Which mods are you currently using?
Kindly view the attachment below for a list of mods I have installed at the moment, thanks.

Ranami

Sorry for the bother @Suki . I'd appreciate it if you can take a look at the attachment above. Thank you!

Suki

Open the admin settings page where this mod adds its settings and see what other mods add their settings in there too. Some other mod is messing with how $config_vars works.

Ranami

Quote from: Suki on September 17, 2019, 10:39:53 AM
Open the admin settings page where this mod adds its settings and see what other mods add their settings in there too. Some other mod is messing with how $config_vars works.
The following mods add settings on same page:
Default Avatar, Anti-spam links, Ads Home Page, Guest Reg Notification and Google Analytics mod.

Please see attachment for a screenshot of the settings page. Thank you.

Suki

mmm odd. Would you be open to offer me tmp admin credentials (in pm) for me to personally check that page and see whats causing the issue?

Ranami

Quote from: Suki on September 19, 2019, 10:41:11 AM
mmm odd. Would you be open to offer me tmp admin credentials (in pm) for me to personally check that page and see whats causing the issue?
I have no issues with that. Do you mean in Admin center or Cpanel? How do I do that please?

Suki

Crear a temp user on your forum and make it an admin then send me the credentials over pm.

Ranami

Quote from: Suki on September 19, 2019, 12:19:33 PM
Crear a temp user on your forum and make it an admin then send me the credentials over pm.
Done. Please check your PM.

Suki

I did take a look at your forum but couldn't figure it out whats causing this issue :(. are you able to install a test forum and try installing all your mods there (or at least the ones that adds its settings to that page) and see which one causes the issue.

Ranami

Quote from: Suki on September 23, 2019, 10:41:51 AM
I did take a look at your forum but couldn't figure it out whats causing this issue :(. are you able to install a test forum and try installing all your mods there (or at least the ones that adds its settings to that page) and see which one causes the issue.
Okay I'll do that and let you know how it goes, thanks.

Ranami

Quote from: Suki on September 23, 2019, 10:41:51 AM
Done as you advised and same problem even with the mod being the 1st and only mod installed on a new test forum. You can have a look at it here: test.askagric.com , with same login as before, if you don't mind. Thank you.

pikeman

Hello, is a modification for 2.1 planned?

Rick53

I'm interested in that too, will there be an update for 2.1.3?

Suki

Yeah but no promises. It all depends on how easy the update is or if I already did it and its buried somewhere on my github page.

Suki

Updated version supporting SMF 2.1 can be found on github: https://github.com/MissAllSunday/CustomCopy

Will try to make a proper release package later.

Advertisement: