SMF 1.1.9 and 2.0 RC1-1 released

Started by Compuart, May 20, 2009, 08:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n00x

Astra_200

Thanks for the update patch.

I tried to install patch from admin warning page but got..

Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

Went here - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=311899.0;attach=99153
Uploaded patch and installed as a normal mod. No problems at all.

poolhall

I'm using SMF 2.0 and user under the name krisbarteo did register at the forums on May 15; however, for some reason all forum files remained untouched.

Fustrate

Quote from: poolhall on May 21, 2009, 07:59:01 PM
I'm using SMF 2.0 and user under the name krisbarteo did register at the forums on May 15; however, for some reason all forum files remained untouched.
That's a good thing :) make sure you upgrade to RC1-1, though, so he doesn't have an opportunity to do it in the future.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Mr_White

Thanks. This is really a good work!

3wasef

aED

OK update finished! with no problems! Thanks

dcmouser

proud member of donationcoder.com (forum)

ErnieB

Upgraded but alot of people have lost their avatars and get an error when trying to do them again. Also global moderator gets an error when trying to delete topics although they have permission to do so????

When they try to do their pic they get

'Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

im using 1.1.9

Splooge

SMF gets worse and worse everytime they upgrade. I think phpBB and Invision  are the way to go. SMF is getting pathetic.

JBlaze

Quote from: ErnieB on May 21, 2009, 10:38:08 PM
Upgraded but alot of people have lost their avatars and get an error when trying to do them again. Also global moderator gets an error when trying to delete topics although they have permission to do so????

When they try to do their pic they get

'Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

im using 1.1.9

Please post a topic in the support boards as this is not a support topic.

Quote from: Splooge on May 21, 2009, 10:58:56 PM
SMF gets worse and worse everytime they upgrade. I think phpBB and Invision  are the way to go. SMF is getting pathetic.

Sorry you feel that way. We can't please everybody.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

hartiberlin

Hi,

I have just upgraded to SMF 2.0RC1-1

via the packetmanager and using the file

smf_patch_1.0.17_1.1.9_2.0-RC1-1.zip

Then it failed only this file

*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test failed

but I installed it anyway.

I have installed as Mods:

Admod 2.3.4
Sitemap 2.0
Download System 1.2.4
PortaMX 0.957r2
Pmx HighSlide for attachments 0.11

But now there is an error.
Now it cant show anymore any attachments...

http://www.overunity.de/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=146.0;attach=207

404 - Dateianhang nicht gefunden.

404 - file not found

Please help.
Many thanks
Regards, Stefan.

candidosa2

JBlaze

hartiberlin, please post a new topic in the support boards.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

ascaland

Thanks for another great version! ;D

Marius11

hansdampf

Quote from: Astral2000 on May 21, 2009, 07:07:40 PM
Thanks for the update patch.

I tried to install patch from admin warning page but got..

Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

Went here - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=311899.0;attach=99153
Uploaded patch and installed as a normal mod. No problems at all.

I got the same error and couldn't install from the backend with the link displayed. I also ensured that the "Packages" folder is writeable. I don't know what's meant by "temp" sub-directory since it didn't exist out of the box but I also created one and granted write permissions - didn't help either.

Anyway, your hint with downloading the patch and uploading it manually helped. Thanks.

Tore29

You mailed the fission again?

(.:Al-Pacino:.)

Updated without any bugs or Problems.

:o ;)
I fot an SMF 1.1.9!
With a lot of Mods.
And a cool ommunity xDD
http://gold-community.tk/ [nofollow]

Advertisement: