News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error updating to RC1.2

Started by Hagbard_Celine, July 15, 2009, 09:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petrus2

Thanks..
it work properly For Me^^
Sebuah Komunitas Untuk Mejalin Kebersamaan : Forum Iseng-Iseng

npereira

Only 1 , the default smf theme....

Quote from: npereira on July 17, 2009, 07:42:16 AM
knownThemes 1

Quote from: Norv on July 16, 2009, 10:56:21 AM
Please go to phpMyAdmin, and run the SQL query:

select * from smf_settings where variable = 'knownThemes';

and post the resulting line here.
(replace "smf_" with your actual database prefix)

Norv

There seem to be at least three different issues in this topic now, and that is not a good idea, for us to keep track of what we are talking about. Moreover, this topic is marked as solved a while ago, because the OP's issue was solved. This is very relevant because the list of unsolved topics that most of the support staff uses to keep track of the support requests does not contain this topic anymore (because it is solved). Therefore they are less likely to even read it perhaps, and you have less chances to have good answers.

Please consider to make another topic, it will be much better. Even though sometimes the errors look alike, but lastly you have obviously a different issue.

gregh: please try to upload manually, with a FTP client, the small update package from http://download.simplemachines.org/, into your /Packages folder, then go to Admin > Packages and try installing it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

GazOutEast

Dunno if this'll help anyone, but it did the trick for me (and I still have no idea why as I've never had to do this with previous upgrades)

I'm normally logged in with my "forum administrator" login, so I logged out, then logged back in using my "creator-owner-admin" account (the one used when I very first installed SMF)

Suddenly it worked

Absolutely zero idea why.  As I said, I've never had to do this before, and even had to dig out the little red book from the depths of my desk drawer to remember the password (shows how often I use that login).

Ah well, hohum, up to date again

Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

Norv

npereira: you don't have anymore installed "classic" and "babylon"?
Please run in phpMyAdmin:

select * from smf_themes where id_member = 0 and variable = 'name';

and post the result here.

GazOutEast: thanks for the tip, good to hear the problem is solved for you!
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

npereira

0 1 name SMF Default Theme

No but that's another issue, I want the classic and babylon back in...

Quote from: Norv on July 17, 2009, 11:22:26 AM
npereira: you don't have anymore installed "classic" and "babylon"?
Please run in phpMyAdmin:

select * from smf_themes where id_member = 0 and variable = 'name';

and post the result here.

GazOutEast: thanks for the tip, good to hear the problem is solved for you!

Norv

Great then, we might solve both with one shot, hopefully.
You can find the classic and babylon themes attached here. (for SMF2.0 RC1-1)
Please download them on your computer, then go to Admin > Themes and Layout > Manage and Install, and try to install each of them by browsing to the zip file.

Then, if it works, please try again to go to Admin > Packages, and try to install the patch. Please copy and paste here the errors and when exactly are you getting them, if any.

npereira

One site works fine and that`s the one that was missing the 2 themes and that`s the one that i had done the SQL commands against.

The site that does not work for the upgrade is still showing
Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (known_theme_list)

Here is the commands of SQL:
      0 1 name SMF Default Theme - Core
      0 2 name Classic YaBB SE Theme
      0 3 name Babylon Theme

This is my french site, not sure if that makes a difference, but this site has all 3 and the patch wont take with the above error... Sorry for the confusion...

Norv

So one, that does not work because of "known_theme_list", is having 3 themes, but the result of

is "knownThemes 1"?
Then please run (in the database where there are 3 themes and an error about known_theme_list):

update smf_settings set value = '1,2,3' where variable = 'knownThemes';

Then try again to access Admin > packages and please post here if it still throws any error.

npereira

Sirius

ok, so there was no TEMP folder in the package directory,  why is that ?

I've tried to upload and upgrade to RC1-2 and now.  my forum is totally not accesible ,  I can't even run the repair_settings.php  neither the install.php    , I also screwed up by changing the setting.php for a new one in my attempt to fix things up.

how could it be that I can't reinstall the forum after re-uploading everything new.   

Norv

npereira: cheers, great to hear!

sirius, sorry for the late reply.. Please however consider that this topic is marked as solved, and as such it does not appear listed anymore in the list of unsolved topics of the support, it may be better generally to start another topic.
As for the issue, if I understand correctly, perhaps it would be good to try opening Settings.php and check the line about maintenance, make sure you have "maintenance=0" there, then try accessing your forum. If that was not the problem, please post what error messages you get.

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Norv on July 17, 2009, 02:43:11 AM
Please upload it in the /Packages folder. Then, make sure there is no other package for SMF 2.0 RC1.2 there, to avoid confusion when Package manager lists the available packages. Simply delete other patches for RC1.2 from the /Packages folder. Make sure the newly added package, smf_2-0-rc1-2_update.zip, is chmodded 777 or 755 itself too, just in case.
Then, go in the forum's Admin > Packages, and try applying it.

Did exactly as you said, and Browse Packages does not see the file. What next  ???

NOTE: Reposted this in an open thread titled the same as this one is closed  :(
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

^{-reloaded54

Quote from: Norv on July 16, 2009, 10:56:21 AM
Please go to phpMyAdmin, and run the SQL query:

and post the resulting line here.
(replace "smf_" with your actual database prefix)
There are three default themes which comes in the same package of smf.
I followed the above process but it`s not working at all.

I have the same error,
here`s my result

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0002 sec)
SQL query: SELECT *
FROM smf_settings
WHERE variable = 'knownThemes'
LIMIT 0 , 30;
Every Moment Is Another Chance!

lean

I have the same mistake that ^ {-reloaded54

I cannot install not desinstalar modifications, It helps please.

Advertisement: