News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

quick2modlogfix

Started by Monni95, July 17, 2009, 01:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monni95

Link to Mod

Fixes log spam due to failed attempts to access quick2mod without proper access rights.

W7 riso

It seems not to be working! when I take a look at installed packages it says this:

failed attempt of quickmod2 exploit

I have this at my two forums

Smf version 1.1.10

Did anyone has/ had the same problems?

riso
Admin.
[link removed by K@]

JeremyB.

Hmm, works fine for me did you get any erros during installation?
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

W7 riso

It told Installed successfully but when you look at installed Mods it says: failed attempt of quickmod2 exploit....
Admin panel> installed Packages>View and Remove Installed Packages

29. SMF 1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
30. Fix for log spam due to failed attempt of quickmod2 exploit 0.1 [ Uninstall ]
Or is this okay? perhaps it's named like this after install but the discription wasn't this informative!
So someone who installed it has the same?

riso

H

Unless there were any 'test failed' errors during the package install then everything is working successfully.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Realinfo

Will U please tell me what Exactly this Mod Do.......... I mean Use of this Mod................

W7 riso

QuoteUnless there were any 'test failed' errors during the package install then everything is working successfully.
no errors were shown and install went smoothly only the text is a bit strange or it's just programmed to show that text. perhaps some more info and correct info would be appropriated.
But I think all is working fine..
Why not call it:
30. Fix for quickmod2 exploit 0.1 [ Uninstall ] would be more clear for us all

@ Realinfo: when a hacker tries to brake in by using a quickmod exploit at your forum the attempt gets blocked this I know so far

H

The fix is just for the error log entries.

There are no known security problems with SMF. If there was, we would release an official update rather than letting people rely on a mod. This security problem was patched a long time ago. What the mod does is prevent the log entries saying "Hacking attempt" if somebody tries to use this old exploit on your site
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: