Mods Installing, but not able to apply them in 2.0 rc 1.2???

Started by BigDaddyDiesel, August 01, 2009, 09:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Can you please make a screenshot with the error? Eventually, check that not only the name and password are correct, but perhaps there is also a path to the forum folder, is that one correct as well ? (pointing to a valid folder)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

BigDaddyDiesel

OK, after about 100 attempts, I finally got it installed.  FINALLY.  I think that it was the server route because it Automatically detected public_html/testforum and when I changed that to just / for the path it finally worked.  Now I have a new issue.  In this version when I try to go to the package manager to browse packages on the SMF site through the package manager, it says it cannot connect to the server and to go directly to the site...

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Unable to connect to the server. Please try using this URL instead.
Back

But when I download the package and upload it I get the following error message, EVERY time!

Apply Mod
Please remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "PortaMx v0.956":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

And I havemade sure that the files are writable and that the temp files are there....

Norv

Quick checklist:
- is ./Packages writable? (777, 775, or 755 depending on host)
- Is ./Packages/backups writable?
- Is there a ./Packages/temp folder, also writable?
- Please remove all .zip files from Packages, for the moment, and upload only one, on which we will test, to know exactly what we are dealing with. Make sure that new one is also writable.
- Please tell a link to the mod on mod's site.

Please download to your computer the mod and upload it with your FTP client, directly in ./Packages.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

BigDaddyDiesel

I checked all of those, and tehy are writable.  I will upload the package directly to the packages folder and be back in a moment....

BigDaddyDiesel

Mope, I still only get teh following....with no option to apply the mod.  All of the files are writable....I HAVE TO be missing something here.  This ie the same problem I was having with 2.0. 

QuoteBrowse Packages
Modification Packages
   Mod Name    Version    
1.    PortaMx v0.956    0.956    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

BigDaddyDiesel

Ok, just for the sake of trying something different I attempted to install simple portal, instead of portamx and it installed without any issues at all.  VERY easy.  Doing the exact same thing that I was trying to do with Portamx?????????????????????????????????

Tyrsson

Which version of PortaMX was you trying to use?

Version: 0.960 is for 2.0 RC1.2

You can download it from here:

http://portamx.com/index.php?download.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

BigDaddyDiesel

I had actually tried 956, & 957.   BUT, a friend actually went in and made it look easy.   >:(

He reinstalled the SMF 2.0 after I successfully installed 1.0 and the simple portal.  But, after he did this I attempted to install portamx and it installed without issues.  GO FIGURE!!!  UGH!!!

But, I guess I need to find out from him what he did different than what I was doing...  This makes me feel foolish for sure!!!!

Anyway, thanks for all of the responses and attempts to help me on this.  I guess we can close this one for now, if I have more trouble I will post a new thread.... 

God Bless you all!!!

Norv

Good to hear you got it sorted out!

Marking as solved then, but please feel free to ask further if you can use more assistance.

Advertisement: