Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airric00

There a possibility to get this working in 2.0 RC2 ?

Tyrsson

Yes, I plan to upgrade it for 2.0 but that will not be until 2.0 goes final.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Babalui

Hi,
I tried to install this mode on 1.1.10 via package manager, but i got message:

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Then I tried to edit all file manually, as per parse page, but I have following problems:
1 - what should I do with file database.php? Instructions says "This file should be able to execute standalone.", but how?
2 - I've created translation of Modifications.english.php into croatian, but croatian specific characters are not displayed (this may be not related to this mod?)
3 - posting looks like on attached pic, no comboboxes and such, look like not linked to calendar either
4 - I would like to remove the field "term and conditions"

Thanks in advance!

airric00

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on December 25, 2009, 11:06:41 PM
Yes, I plan to upgrade it for 2.0 but that will not be until 2.0 goes final.

Nice is there a way register for a notification when you go 2.0?

pftq

Hi Tyrsson,

I made a few quick changes to this mod - maybe you can copy these changes over or take a look at the file attached.

- Terms and Conditions don't show if they are blank. (registerEvent.php)
- $timeleft fixed, was originally not ever getting the option to confirm. (Display Source and Template)
- Show number of days remaining before you can confirm. (Display Template and Language files)

They don't affect the mod functionality much, but it doesn't hurt to have the changes. ;D

Also a feature I'm thinking about is having auto-notification for the topic when you signup.  Maybe it can be added to the next version; if not, I might try it later when I have more time. :)

Tyrsson

Will look into it when I start the updating. Busy trying to get servers up and running for the moment and most likely will not get to this until 2.0 goes final. Prevents having to do the coding multiple times ;)

pftq

Added an extra Admin Register button that lets the admin add/delete other members from the event.  It's a bit ugly but it fills the gap for a feature I think should be there. :D
(what if people started signing up but you knew they weren't going??)

Also made the Admin buttons visible all the time, rather requiring the Admin to sign up (sometimes they're just managing the event and not attending).

I've attached the file on my server if anyone's interested in the version I'm using:
http://www.pftq.com/pq/creations/list/SMF_Event_Registration_0.17-Modified/

Babalui

@ pftq:
It is working now with your latest version. Thanks for your effort.

And if may ask for few things:
- How do I make Terms and Conditions window smaller? Its way too big, none is going to use it up to its extent (see pic attached in my previous post, I've localized as "Uvjeti i obveze") (solved, see below)
- Event registration now shows up every time I want to post any Event. Any way to make Registration optional?

And a question: What is Admin Register page used for?

Thanks

pftq

It is for the Admin to register other users or delete members from the list.

Babalui

Only for those members that have registered for the event?

EDIT:
I've managed to shorten Terms&Conditions field by editing ./Themes/default/Post.template.php:
<textarea class="editor" name="termsAndCond" rows="12"
into:
<textarea class="editor" name="termsAndCond" rows="2"

Babalui

And I have another problems with registering for event:

1. Some users want to enable last minute registration, up to few hours prior to the event. Currently it looks like you can register up to 24 h prior to the event.

2. Registration confirmation says: Check back in X.XX day(s) to confirm signup.
Users would prefer a sentence like: You should confirm your signup until HH:MM on DD:MM.
Or, at least to show hours instead of decimal values for day, like Check back in 2 days, 12 h and 45 min

3. Deadline text next to Register button, like You have 2 days, 12 h and 45 min to register or Register until HH:MM on DD:MM

improv

Hail the guy who will create it for smf 2.0 :)

pftq

Quote from: Babalui on January 06, 2010, 10:48:15 AM
And I have another problems with registering for event:

1. Some users want to enable last minute registration, up to few hours prior to the event. Currently it looks like you can register up to 24 h prior to the event.

2. Registration confirmation says: Check back in X.XX day(s) to confirm signup.
Users would prefer a sentence like: You should confirm your signup until HH:MM on DD:MM.
Or, at least to show hours instead of decimal values for day, like Check back in 2 days, 12 h and 45 min

3. Deadline text next to Register button, like You have 2 days, 12 h and 45 min to register or Register until HH:MM on DD:MM

The problem with setting hours is that you don't normally set them when making the event (at least on my version of SMF).  There's nothing to base it off of.

dangermouse13

Quote from: improv on January 06, 2010, 01:07:54 PM

Agreed.
This be perfect for my forum...  :)

Babalui

@ pftq:
Thanks, I forgot about that :)

What about:
1. Last minute registration?
2. Event registration now shows up every time I want to post any Event. Any way to make Registration optional?
3. Add option like "will not attend the event".

KensonPlays

Quote from: dangermouse13 on January 07, 2010, 05:16:31 AM

Agreed.

The author clearly stated at OP that it would be only the version he created it for, and will not be made for 2.0

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Tyrsson

Quote from: Kcmartz on January 07, 2010, 01:50:44 PM
Quote from: dangermouse13 on January 07, 2010, 05:16:31 AM

Agreed.

The author clearly stated at OP that it would be only the version he created it for, and will not be made for 2.0
Which is why I picked up the development of the mod so that I can port it to 2.0. It helps to read the entire thread ;)

improv

Yep, and  Tyrsson™ is the guy we hail ;P

airric00

QuoteWhich is why I picked up the development of the mod so that I can port it to 2.0. It helps to read the entire thread ;)

We just moved our site over from meetup.com and this will be an awesome addition to my new 2.0 site!!   Thank you for doing this!!  Donation on the way when your done...    8) 

Uhura!

Quote from: Uhura! on December 08, 2009, 11:43:12 AM
This mod is awesome, it works great!

As others have mentioned, I have no confirm button.

Can you assist me with this?

Thanks a million!

Any advice on this?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Advertisement: