News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: Brack1 on May 05, 2010, 12:11:35 PM
Ther permissions which you set for guests and the different membergroups.

Sorry - was that meant as a reply to my question?

Btw, I forgot to mention I'm using 2.0RC3.

TheListener

Like I said have a look at the permissions for the different membergroups.

Gryzor

Yes, but it's not a permissions issue, it's just that I don't see the global setting that's supposed to be under Attachments & Avatars...

TheListener

PM Attachments mode  should say enable all attachments.

A screenshot would be helpful tho.

Gryzor

As I said, I don't even have the option appearing... that's what I'm asking, how to make the option appear manually...

Screenie:
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6540/ss20100505194930.png

SoLoGHoST

Ok, that is a pic of Regular Attachment Settings in SMF.  You need to go to PM Attachment Settings, it's very similar.

Are you not seeing this section, PM Attachment Settings?  Will point to, either, the pic attached, or will be like the image attached:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1974;id=106833;image

Granted, this is using a different theme, but PM Attachment Settings should be directly next to your Regular Attachment Settings.  Also, Clear your FORUM's CACHE and try looking in there again.  If it still doesn't exist, let me know.

Also, in that pic, that doesn't help because you haven't showed us all Menu Options there are within the Attachments and Avatars Section.  For Example:  Browse Files, Attachment Settings, Avatar Settings....

Also, check in your MENU Above, you might see something like "PM Attachment Settings" in one of the submenus if you aren't showing the Admin sections in blocks on the left, than it should be in there.

Attached is a pic of what you should be seeing in your Menus if you have your Admin Panel Fully expanded (which is the default).

You can alternatively browse to the following url:  index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=pmattachments

Ofcourse your forums url path will need to be in front of that.

Gryzor

No,. that's what I'm saying, that sub-section isn't even there... I did clear the cache (even though it was cleared as part of the installation routine).

Thanks for the path, I tried executing it and it just goes into the attachment settings section...damn. Which means that probably it wasn't installed correctly, even though the forum told me it did... I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks for your help!

SoLoGHoST

Sure, I'm not sure what's going wrong with your installation, but perhaps you have mod(s) installed that are interferring with this, as I test my mods on a fresh install of SMF, and that's all I can do really.

You should open up ./Sources/Admin.php file and check to make sure that you have the following code in there:
array('ManagePMAttachmentSettings', 'area=manageattachments;sa=pmattachments'),

You should also check with the other edits of this file via parsing this mod on the Modification site.

Than open up your ./Sources/ManageAttachments.php and make sure that all of the edits have been done to this file that need to be done as well.  Again, you can see all of the edits that need to get done for this file, if you parse the PM Attachments mod on the SMF Modification site, that should help you out some.

Good Luck

Bugo

Please update russian translations in package.

SoLoGHoST

Thank You very much Bugo, will do, can you include this edit for the Russian and Russian UTF-8 translation files also?

<file name="$languagedir/PersonalMessage.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[$txt['pm_report_desc'] = 'From this page you can report the personal message you received to the admin team of the forum. Please be sure to include a description of why you are reporting the message, as this will be sent along with the contents of the original message]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[, including all attachments]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

May need to be changed a bit differently for Russian, not sure.

Bugo

The variable $txt['pm_report_desc'] is already added by me in Modifications.russian*.

SoLoGHoST

Ok, but my mod adds onto it in english:
Quote, including all attachments

Would you be able to tell me how it will change in Russian to include the text above from that of the Default SMF Russian language for the $txt['pm_report_desc'] variable?

Bugo

In the Russian localization of this variable ($txt['pm_report_desc']) use a shorter translation, so this additive (", including all attachments") is not needed.

SoLoGHoST

Ok, just trying to understand, so you are saying that no edit is needed for the $txt['pm_report_desc'] variable at all from that of the SMF installation for the Russian language of that variable, in order for it to say that it also includes all attachments?  So if no edit is needed in Russian from that of the original SMF variable, will russians automatically understand that it includes all attachments?  If there is an edit needed, perhaps a replacement to the original Russian translation for that variable that comes with the Russian translation of SMF?  If so, what is the replacement that is needed to also state that all attachments are included with a reported Personal Message?

Thanks again, just trying to be as precise as possible, since I believe you stated that something must be changed in this file for this variable from that of its default russian words...

For Example if a replacement is needed, you can just change the ***[FIND]*** with the russian strings to find what needs to be replaced and than change ***[REPLACE]*** with the russian strings to replace what needs to be found.  Hopefully you follow me, if not, just ask me and I'll try to be more descriptive and detailed about it.

<file name="$languagedir/PersonalMessage.russian.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[***[FIND]***]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[***[REPLACE WITH]***]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Cheers :)

Bugo

Ok, let update translations :)
I fixed this variable in Russian localization...

SoLoGHoST

Thanks, updating right now.  Very much appreciated! :)

petesky

Hi vbgamer !

I installed it on RC4 and it works but i get a huge space (see attached image). I assume this is because of the modified form ?

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: petesky on November 07, 2010, 11:38:04 AM
Hi vbgamer !

I installed it on RC4 and it works but i get a huge space (see attached image). I assume this is because of the modified form ?

What are you talking about?  vbgamer?  Perhaps this is in the wrong topic!  Seems very likely.

petesky

Ah sorry, sure i mean SoLoGHoST :-)

jarska

I modified that to 2.0RC4.

Upload zip, unpack that and make some changes to packade-info.xml.

Just change 2.0RC3 to 2.0RC4 and now it can be install.

I upload that via FTP in to the packades category.

Then install it normally via admin-packades panel.

I get one error, Themes/default/ PersonalMessage.template.php, correct that manually and it works, see attachment:

Use that modification your own risk, works fine to me. :)

Advertisement: