Advertisement:

Author Topic: PM Attachments  (Read 98904 times)

Offline dougiefresh

• SMF Hero
    • XPtsp.com Community
Re: PM Attachments
« Reply #320 on: October 15, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »
I can't see the thread you linked to.....
NOTICE:  My website is back up!

My Free Simple Machines mods on XPtsp.com and Simple Machines Customization Site!
My mods are being uploaded and are available at GitHub as well!

Offline aegersz

• Sophist Member
  • "mods" junkie
    • dopetalk
« Reply #321 on: October 15, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »
neither can I. someone deleted my thread.
SMF 2.0: 135+ mods installed (the full list can be seen at http://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php/topic,3301)

Offline dougiefresh

• SMF Hero
    • XPtsp.com Community
« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2017, 12:41:57 PM »
neither can I. someone deleted my thread.
Hmmm....  Unfortunate.  Perhaps I can come up with something....  Or you could share your solution in this thread?

BTW, if moderators have a problem with this, please speak up!

My Free Simple Machines mods on XPtsp.com and Simple Machines Customization Site!

Offline aegersz

• Sophist Member
  • "mods" junkie
    • dopetalk
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »
sure. I run a VPS and when I started I didn't know much about Linux so I installed almost everything I could.

I also had to configure a mail server, Postfix.

Postfix has an option to (BCC) blind carbon copy ALL mail both in and out to a nominated account ... I simply set that and then I could see the PM notification emails and their attachments. I am worried about people sending password protected zip file attachments in an attempt to solicit as well as normal PMs to do the same.

so now I can read each PM and can audit them as they appear. simple.
SMF 2.0: 135+ mods installed (the full list can be seen at http://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php/topic,3301)

Offline dougiefresh

• SMF Hero
    • XPtsp.com Community
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2017, 10:12:38 AM »
Okay, so not a mod-related solution....  Gotcha....

Offline dougiefresh

• SMF Hero
    • XPtsp.com Community
« Reply #325 on: November 19, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »
Hi dougie, how/where i can access the attachments sent in PMs ?

I know in which directory you have them but i'd like to audit them (encryption is ON, also) ... is this possible ?
Just so that you know, SMF's official response to the question of allowing admin to read other member's PMs not addressed to admin can be read in this thread.  I strongly suggest you read the thread.  And, yes, I realize that you already figured a solution to your needs....

Personally, I would be hesitant to add such capability to this mod, as doing so might get the mod rejected from the customization site.  While I share the ability to update the mod with SoLoGHoST, it is NOT my mod....  (I still consider it MINEO:) )

EDIT:  Fixed the very first statement to read "to read other member's PMs not addressed to admin"....
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:44:08 PM by dougiefresh »

Offline aegersz

• Sophist Member
  • "mods" junkie
    • dopetalk
« Reply #326 on: Today at 02:36:12 AM »
thanks, I read the topic and it makes sense to almost every forum except mine. The only thing i can add is that I use the PM Warning mod to let members know that;

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
|  Note: All PMs are visible to staff and may be subject to an audit at any time            |
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+