News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

dQuoteSelection

Started by digger, August 22, 2009, 08:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovearat

I've got it going now.  :)  And I love it!! Thanks for this mod. Great job!!
<span style="font-size: 12px; color: red;">Do Not Pm Me For Support. Please use the appropriate board</span>

Sysgen

Would it be possible to modify this Mod to use the Normal reply insead of the quick reply? I've got quick reply disabled beause my forum is used mainly by elderly's and I've turned off every bells and whisles in order to not confuse them.

Thanks for letting me know.

digger

Quote from: Sysgen on November 05, 2009, 04:38:03 PM
Would it be possible to modify this Mod to use the Normal reply insead of the quick reply? I've got quick reply disabled beause my forum is used mainly by elderly's and I've turned off every bells and whisles in order to not confuse them.

Thanks for letting me know.

It's not easy to send selected text into normal reply page.

poolhall

This is one of the most useful modifications out there. Thanks a lot for updating!

saosangmo

Thank digger for your nice mod.

When users don't select any text, the function of this mod will quote the whole of post?

thanks!
-saosangmo

digger

Quote from: saosangmo on January 03, 2010, 03:48:14 AM
When users don't select any text, the function of this mod will quote the whole of post?

Yes

Enders

You should be able to select the text in the full reply and quote them also.... not just on post view

luismanson

thanks for this mod!:

Spanish:
$txt['dQuoteSelection_txt'] = 'Quote (selección)';

tripl3r

I agree excellent mod!, if only we could get it to work in normal reply also then I'd be so happy!!

Zmey

When using WYSIWYG quick reply mod on SMF 2 RC2 the text is not quoted if WYSIWYG mode is enabled in editor.

The fix:
in Themes/default/scripts/topic.js in quote_selection function change

document.postmodify.message.value += '[quote author=' + cAuthor + ' link=' + quote_link + ' date=' + cDate + ']' + TextSelection.replace(/(^\s+)|(\s+$)/g, "") + '[/quote]\n';

to:

oEditorHandle_message.insertText('[quote author=' + cAuthor + ' link=' + quote_link + ' date=' + cDate + ']' + TextSelection.replace(/(^\s+)|(\s+$)/g, "") + '[/quote]\n', false, true);

If using SMF 2 RC1 use "editorHandlemessage" instead of "oEditorHandle_message".

steve51184

any chance of a fix for rc2? :-*

Zmey

steve51184

digger

steve51184

TurtleKicker

It doesn't make sense to change the text of the [Quote] button to "[Quote] (Selected)" since it won't quote the selected text unless using quickreply. You should just leave the button text alone.

steve51184

Quote from: Zmey on March 04, 2010, 06:20:08 PM
When using WYSIWYG quick reply mod on SMF 2 RC2 the text is not quoted if WYSIWYG mode is enabled in editor.

The fix:
in Themes/default/scripts/topic.js in quote_selection function change

document.postmodify.message.value += '[quote author=' + cAuthor + ' link=' + quote_link + ' date=' + cDate + ']' + TextSelection.replace(/(^\s+)|(\s+$)/g, "") + '[/quote]\n';

to:

oEditorHandle_message.insertText('[quote author=' + cAuthor + ' link=' + quote_link + ' date=' + cDate + ']' + TextSelection.replace(/(^\s+)|(\s+$)/g, "") + '[/quote]\n', false, true);

If using SMF 2 RC1 use "editorHandlemessage" instead of "oEditorHandle_message".

i've done that fix but when i select some text and click quote it goes to the quick reply box but there's nothing there

normal quotes work fine though and it also works with wysiwyg turned off on the quick reply box

kfiasche

attach italian language

atfosan

Ну что, когда ждать новую версию и ждать ли вообще?
my SMF project - school site: forum with PortaMx and SimpleSEF mods

Advertisement: