News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

dQuoteSelection

Started by digger, August 22, 2009, 08:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SethStudent

Quote from: digger on July 18, 2016, 12:47:03 PM
There is no 700 lines in the /Dquote/.english.php file. Search this error somewhere else.

OK, thank you. I've gotten this error 40 times in the past month.
I don't know how to search the error somewhere else, I'm not a very technical person.

Shambles

Quote from: SethStudent on July 18, 2016, 12:37:56 PM
Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index:
File: .../Themes/default/languages/Dquote/.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 704

Go into your admin control panel and disable template evaluation. The error you're being shown is disguising the root cause of your problem.

SethStudent

Quote from: Shambles on July 18, 2016, 03:08:56 PM
Go into your admin control panel and disable template evaluation. The error you're being shown is disguising the root cause of your problem.

Thank you! I'm up to 46 of these errors now and they are only coming from one particular member. I'll ask her to post/quote again and will update with any new clues. She says she's not noticed any problems on her end.

SethStudent

Quote from: Shambles on July 18, 2016, 03:08:56 PM

OK Shambles, that was a great idea. The error is now with this file, and still only for the one specific member:
.../Themes/default/Display.template.php Line: 704
[<input type="hidden" name="seqnum" value="', $context['form_sequence_number'], '" />';]

Should I just start a new topic? I don't have the ability to split or delete my own posts here...

Shambles

The error message you're posting here, is it the whole error message? I'd expect to see the name of the missing index in there.

Try to replicate what your member is doing. Ask her if she's using the "quick reply" box or hitting the reply button, then you do the same and see if you get the same "undefined index".

SethStudent

Quote from: Shambles on July 20, 2016, 03:38:57 AM
The error message you're posting here, is it the whole error message? I'd expect to see the name of the missing index in there.

Try to replicate what your member is doing. Ask her if she's using the "quick reply" box or hitting the reply button, then you do the same and see if you get the same "undefined index".

Yes, the whole error message other than member name, date, link to post.

One of my other forum members (he's brilliant) figured out her setting was Use quick reply on topic display: Don't show at all. This causes problems with the dQuoteSelection mod? I tested by changing my own profile setting and got the same error message. I'll be testing with the member today, with a change in her settings. If you don't hear back from me, that means changing her setting has eliminated the problem.

Thanks for your help!

brynn

Thanks for this mod - I love it!

One thing though.  It will not capture nested quotes.  I've made a demo on my site:  https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?topic=831.0

SMF 2.0.14 with Tiny Portal 1.2 and around 45 other mods.

Note that I do not have Admin panel > Posts and Topics > Post Settings > Remove nested quotes when quoting, enabled.

Is there any chance of updating this mod, so that it will capture the nested quotes?

Thank you very much!

Arantor

It would be extremely difficult to actually do as suggested. If not actually impossible to do correctly in all cases.

digger

Quote from: Arantor on November 10, 2017, 10:00:59 AM
It would be extremely difficult to actually do as suggested. If not actually impossible to do correctly in all cases.
Totally agree.

brynn

Sorry for the delay.

Aah, well.  Couldn't hurt to ask.  I guess I'll still keep using it, unless my members want the nested quotes. 

Thanks anyway :)

Hey, one last thought.  I guess there wouldn't be any way to have regular quotes with an option for selected?  So that you could use one or the other?

-Rock Lee-

There is already the Spanish but Spanish version, I leave the Latin version! ;)

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

digger

Quote from: brynn on November 21, 2017, 11:02:09 AM
Hey, one last thought.  I guess there wouldn't be any way to have regular quotes with an option for selected?  So that you could use one or the other?
If you don't select any text it works as regular quote.

digger

Quote from: Rock Lee on November 21, 2017, 12:51:52 PM
There is already the Spanish but Spanish version, I leave the Latin version! ;)

Regards!
Will add this in the next release. Thanks!

Dwev

Great Mod!

Added both of the Dutch translations.

digger

Quote from: Dwev on January 27, 2018, 05:04:54 AM
Added both of the Dutch translations.
Thanks! Will add this to the next release.

jsx

Hi,

I installed this modification on my forum and unfortunately the selected text to quote does not work. Simply the Quote button does not have this Quote function (selected). Then I installed this modification on a clean test forum and everything works fine there. Please help me how to fix it.

digger

Quote from: jsx on April 14, 2020, 08:32:08 AM
Hi,

I installed this modification on my forum and unfortunately the selected text to quote does not work. Simply the Quote button does not have this Quote function (selected). Then I installed this modification on a clean test forum and everything works fine there. Please help me how to fix it.
You should have quick reply enabled.

jsx

I had no idea about it. Now everything works fine. Thank you for help. :)

Shambles

Quote from: jsx on April 14, 2020, 08:58:29 AM
I had no idea about it.

Quote from: digger on August 22, 2009, 08:49:34 AM
This mod adds ability to quote any selected text into the QuickReply area.

pocttopus

Hello,

This is a nice mod, is there any chance to be available for 2.1rc2 version?

Advertisement: