News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Pixel Perfect

Started by Shortie, August 28, 2009, 02:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shortie

Link to the theme

Pixel Perfect By Shortie

A Modern 3 Sized theme suitable for the majority of screen resolutions, based on the "Pixel" theme for Joomla and Wordpress

XHTML Valid which has been designed to load quickly with the minimal amount of screen clutter.

This Theme has been fully tested in the following Browsers  - IE 8 and 7 - Firefox 3.5 - Opera 9.64 - Safari  4.0 (530.17)

Enjoy

Shortie

Check out the rest of our Themes at Graphics Mayhem

Cado

REaly Very Nice Theme...

busterone

Shortie

Özgür

You should edit redirect to board icon. And some admin_menu style already definded in stlyle.css but you add dropmenu.css in css folder.
Whatever nicely theme.
So Long

busterone

I love this theme, and several of my members do as well, however, it is cramming my error log up with several hundred pages of errors per day. It is the same 4 errors, repeating for every member and every action each user does.  Here are the 4 errors. I xxx-d out my server details of course. :)

http://www.thedemonsden.com/index.php?
Use of undefined constant theme3 - assumed 'theme3'
File: /homepages/xx/xxxxxxx/htdocs/Themes/Pixel_Perfect_v1/index.template.php
Line: 66

Use of undefined constant theme3 - assumed 'theme1'
File: /homepages/xx/xxxxxxx/htdocs/Themes/Pixel_Perfect_v1/index.template.php

Use of undefined constant theme3 - assumed 'theme2'
File: /homepages/xx/xxxxxx/htdocs/Themes/Pixel_Perfect_v1/index.template.php

Undefined index: gmselectscreen
File: /homepages/xx/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/Themes/Pixel_Perfect_v1/index.template.php
Line: 542

I looked through and it appears that these are defined, but I am not an expert at php myself.

Shortie

On the case

will be back when I get the answer

Shortie

Shortie

Hi All

A New version has been uploaded fixing the error issue

if you prefer to just update the two files they are attached here in the zipfile

Please remember to flush your cache if just uploading the two file attached

Shortie

busterone

Thanks, I am downloading them now and will test it and get back with you.  :)

Edit- Perfect.  All errors gone. Thanks much Shortie.  :)

Shortie

Cheers

Can you let me know either way just so I can take it of my list of things to check

Cheers

Shortie

busterone

You posted as I was editing my earlier post. All is well. Great theme.  :)

Shortie

Good stuff -

Note to self -"stick to one programming language only :D  :D "

busterone

Sorry Shortie, I found one more small thing. The theme copyright now says "Bubble Trouble" instead of "Pixel Perfect".   :)

I edited mine, so it is ok. I used the download for just the 2 files you posted here, so I am not sure if the edited files on the main theme download page are the same or not.

Shortie

Cheers Dude

All Fixed

Thanks again

Shortie

OzExcalibur

Hi there, this theme looks good on my laptop, 15.4" screen 1024 x 768 resolution, the only issue being that the nav menu doesn't drop down like it is supposed to but I can live with that.

The issue I have is with my desktop, 19" screen, 1280 x 1024 resolution, the Info area breaks out of the left hand side and pushes the avatar across to the side, the nav links are so far away from the menu link that I can't move my mouse there fast enough to click on them, and they are way out of alignment.

It happens on my live forum, a test forum I setup just now to specifically test this theme and also on your test forum.

I am using IE7 on XP on my desktop and IE8 on my laptop

Another forum Admin said he had the same issues using Opera

Some screenshots to show you what I mean,
Logged in: http://i32.tinypic.com/357f6ec.jpg
Nav Menu: http://i26.tinypic.com/15f690i.jpg

Great theme, IMO it is the best one yet for SMF, I hope you can get it sorted so we can use it.

Shortie

Okay just a few question

What do you mean by the menu does not drop down if you mean the menu drop down options then they should not be there

Also what version of IE7 are you using just go Help - about and it will tell you the version number

I do not have XP at home but there is a version at work so will have a look later

But from my testing all seems okay but that is not to say there is a quirk

Will get back as soon as I can

Shortie

OzExcalibur

What do you mean by the menu does not drop down if you mean the menu drop down options then they should not be there

OK, so they are showing up on my desktop and they shouldn't be showing at all.

what version of IE7

Shortie

Okay fixed the first one (The dropdown Menus)

The other seems to be IE Quirks mode which is strange as the code is valid according to W3C

So still looking

Shortie

Shortie

Hi All

Okay think I have this fixed

UPDATE:  This update incorporates all previous Updates and Patches

There was an issue with drop down menus being displayed in IE7 under XP and the layout went all over the place in IE7 under XP again this was due to IE Quirks Mode which is the default for XP which meant that the IE code was changed to make it compatible ish with HTML standards which it is apparently not

So a few changes have been made to Index.Template.php and the style sheets to rectify this issue

The code will also re validate which has meant that the fix has taken longer than expected - but these thing are sent to try us

So from now on you can add IE7 under XP to the compatibility list  :D

Enjoy Shortie

P.S. if you just want to upload just the changed files then download the zipfile and upload all four files to your server - please backup your files first

devil_jin

This is the best of the best theme I could see for SMF shortie...(IMO)

Three Cheeres For You...

Keep Up The Excellent Work...

:)

Advertisement: