Attachments not working after switching hosts [2.0 RC 1.2]

Started by emock81, August 29, 2009, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emock81

I just finished switching hosts and installed a full version of 2.0 RC 1.2 on my site.  I upgraded from RC 1.1 on my previous site.  Everything seems to be working fine except that any attachments can't be viewed.  I uploaded my old attachments directory and all the files are listed properly under the admin panel under attachments but they won't open.

Pictures files are listed as corrupted by the programs when I try to open them and MS Word files come up with error messages that say "Word experienced an error trying to open the file.  Try these suggestions: *Check the file permissions for the document or drive.  *Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space.  *Open the file with the Text Recovery converter."

These all worked on the previous site.  Any suggestions?

Norv

Did you use FileZilla to download/upload the attachments?

Please note that sometimes it can happen that your FTP client, any, will download or upload files as ASCII, when it actually should do so as BINARY.
If you are using FileZilla, you should check out also the option: Edit > Settings > Transfers > File types and uncheck the option "Treat files without extension as ASCII files".
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

emock81

I am using smartftp, filezilla was causing some major memory issues for some reason.  I re-uploaded the directory using binary, but it still gives me the same problem.

Norv

Did you re-downloaded it?
Please check the files you currently have, are they those which cannot be opened by Word, and the pictures cannot be seen? If so, you may need to re-download them, from the old server, as perhaps your own backup is corrupted.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

emock81

I'll try this next.  I probably won't have a chance until tomorrow so I will check back in with results soon.  Thanks.

Norv

Advertisement: